View Other Details
- Native or fluent English speaker
- Minimum 21 years old; maximum 55 years old
- Previous experience working as a teacher, mentor, tutor, coach, etc. preferred, but not required
- Excellent spoken/written English, flexibility, and cultural sensitivity
- Basic Spanish language skills helpful, but not required
• Semester-end bonus
• Two-week orientation in Bogota with shared accommodations, meals, and activities
• National Colombian and international health insurance
• Guaranteed teaching placement
• Monthly stipend and semester-end bonus
• 24/7 Pre-departure and local English-speaking support
• Airport pick-up and transfer on designated arrival date
• Visa and work permit processing fees
• Orientation and in-country TEFL training
• Domestic transportation to placement city (Baggage fees are not included)
• Cultural activities and excursions
• Medical, life, and travel insurance
• Krama Wheel scarf or a gift card to one of three socially responsible companies upon completion of your program evaluations
English training is an important step to help locals succeed in school, widen their job opportunities, and improve communication in the global market. API has paired with organizations who dedicate their work to Colombia's “National Bilingualism Project” by offering English instruction to Colombian students and adult learners. We offer a variety of co-teaching placements Colombia, ranging from government-sponsored programs in public schools (primary or secondary), vocational schools (ages 17 and above) and professionals within the tourism industry, to independent/private institutions including business English and schools.
Participants are required to teach 20-25 classroom hours and put in an additional 15-20 hours of classroom prep, grading,
office hours, and staff meetings per week.
Cultural Embrace by API is now known simply as API. API (Academic Programs International) has been the parent company of Cultural Embrace since 2012, and API has sent thousands of students abroad since 1997. Our name has changed, but our mission will remain the same. We still aim to transform lives by providing enriching experiential programs abroad that foster increased self-knowledge, cultural sensitivity and understanding of the global nature of our contemporary world.
- Guaranteed teaching placement
- Earn a local salary (COP 1,500,000/month)
- Orientation and in-country TEFL training
- Krama Wheel scarf or a gift card to one of three socially responsible companies upon completion of your program evaluations
- Possible semester-end bonus!