English training is an important step to help locals succeed in school, widen their job opportunities, and improve communication in the global market. API has paired with organizations who dedicate their work to Colombia's “National Bilingualism Project” by offering English instruction to Colombian students and adult learners. We offer a variety of co-teaching placements Colombia, ranging from government-sponsored programs in public schools (primary or secondary), vocational schools (ages 17 and above) and professionals within the tourism industry, to independent/private institutions including business English and schools.
Participants are required to teach 20-25 classroom hours and put in an additional 15-20 hours of classroom prep, grading,
office hours, and staff meetings per week.
- Guaranteed teaching placement
- Earn a local salary (COP 1,500,000/month)
- Orientation and in-country TEFL training
- Krama Wheel scarf or a gift card to one of three socially responsible companies upon completion of your program evaluations
- Possible semester-end bonus!
API Scholarships and Financial Aid Information
API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.