View Other Details
- Advising, @api Online Resources, Orientation Materials and Support, Peer Mentors, Social Networking, and Scholarships.
- Airport Reception, Resident Director, API Center, On-Site Orientation, Housing (Including Meals and Laundry with Some Options), Tuition, Tutoring, Language and Culture Tools, Medical and Life Insurance, Excursions (Overnight, Day and International in some locations), Social and Cultural Activities, API Learning and Engagement Badge Program, Welcome and Farewell Group Meals, and Volunteer Opportunities.
- Re-Entry Materials and Support, Post-Program Evaluation, Transcript, Alumni-Network, and Development Opportunities.
API students in Florence study at Lorenzo de’ Medici - The Italian International Institute (LdM). Come see this rich Italian culture first-hand on one of API's most popular programs! The campus is primarily located in a 13th century AD convent in the heart of Florence. LdM offers students a wide selection of courses from The School of Arts and Sciences, The School of Creative Arts, The School of Design and The School of Italian Language and Culture.
Live and study in the heart of Florence alongside a thriving international student community. Explore the birthplace of the Renaissance, and so much more of Italy with API's included excursions to places such as famous Cinque Terre, Venice, Tuscany, Rome and more!
For students who want one of the most unique study abroad experiences in Italy, check out the Two Italies Program in Florence and Tuscania. You'll take classes in these two fascinating Italian cities – getting the best of both worlds!
- Walk the streets of Florence and relive the ancient history with the greats that have walked the same cobblestones
- API Florence staff offer cultural activities within the city such as a glassblowing show, wine tastings (and pizza tastings!), soccer match, opera night, and more!
- Excursions to nearby cities, cultural landmarks, historic sites, and more
- Pre-departure, on-site, and re-entry services included
- The birthplace of the Renaissance, Florence is still a haven for artists and art lovers from across the globe
API Scholarships and Financial Aid Information
API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.
API students who want to study abroad in Florence for a semester may choose from over 400 courses at Lorenzo de’ Medici- Florence (LdM). Courses are available in a wide variety of subjects across the arts, humanities, business, and international relations. In addition to the free-elective course structure, several additional opportunities are available including internships, certificate programs, and professional development opportunities.
Students who choose to study abroad in Florence with API at Lorenzo de’ Medici – The Italian International Institute (LdM) – Florence may elect to take 1 or 2 courses per four-week term; alternatively, they may elect to pursue a 6-credit workshop course.
API students have an unprecedented opportunity to learn from some of the best fashion and design minds in the world through study in this traveling program between Paris and Florence. Students begin in Paris at Parsons Paris – The New School, and then continue on to finish the program in Florence at Polimoda.
In this traveling study abroad program, students will split their semester between both of Lorenzo de’ Medici – The Italian International Institute’s (LdM) locations in Florence and Tuscania! Students follow a structured program of five 3-credit courses, which together focus on interesting issues that intersect with the broader experience of Italy.