Teach English in Costa Rica with LanguageCorps

Teach English in Costa Rica with LanguageCorps

In Costa Rica, LanguageCorps offers a TESOL certification program. The program comes complete with a TESOL certification course, job placement assistance, and an optional week of Spanish language courses before or after your TESOL training. The training center is located in San Pedro, a nice blend of residential and commercial venues.

Following the 140+ hours of course completion, LanguageCorps will help its participants find teaching jobs in Costa Rica. Most graduates of the TESOL course find jobs teaching English to adults, but other jobs can also be found at private universities, primary schools, and high schools. Participants may also choose to take additional excursions exploring San Jose, San Pedro, and Río Sapiqui.

North America » Costa Rica » San José
North America » Costa Rica
Salary / Benefits
USD 400 - 800 per month

Hi Claudia! The program is about $2k all together.

• Benefits
  • Facilities

Rachel
Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica
Indiana University- Bloomington

TEFL Maximo Nivel

Getting my TEFL certification in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica was one of the most incredible experiences I have had thus far. When I first got here, I was terrified. I was homesick and didn't think I could stay abroad. However, on the VERY FIRST DAY, my instructor (Audra) noticed I seemed upset. She asked if I was okay and then asked me to go in her office. I started crying to a person I didn't even know, yet I felt perfectly comfortable doing so. She reassured me on EVERYTHING I was feeling stressed about. I felt so much better knowing I was in a place where everyone genuinely cares about you and your successes. I have never felt more supported in my life until I got to Maximo Nivel. Audra was the best instructor anyone could ever ask for. She taught us so much and made it fun in the process! I looked forward to coming to class every day, because I knew I would enjoy myself and I would grow as both a teacher and a person. If you are even considering doing this program, JUST DO IT! There is always going to be something holding you back from an experience as new as this one. But I promise, you will not regret it. If anything, you may regret not doing it. Take it from someone who was absolutely terrified and unsure if they even could do this. Let me tell you, you can do this and you will be so happy you did! Thank you Maximo Nivel for the memories, job opportunities, friends, and growth I have experienced while being here! Pura Vida :)

Cassidy
Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica

My Experience Getting my TEFL/TESOL

I had the most incredible experience getting my TEFL/TESOL certificate in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica at COSI. My school had a warm atmosphere and all of the staff was supportive and kind. My teacher was the most delightful and helpful person, and made the experience that much better. The beach was only a 5 minute bus ride from school, and was a perfect get away whenever I needed it. Although the course moved quickly, I never felt like I didn't have proper guidance. Finding the "balance" of work and life was an additional valuable lesson I learned along the way. I am so grateful to have had this opportunity, and I encourage anyone interested in this journey to use Maximo Nivel!

The bathroom facilities.

Emily
Costa Rica

Maximo Nivel Experience

Job placement was helpful, but generally we were re-directed to organizations that work specifically with job placement - still very helpful! The building has a beautiful view.
Overall, I would not have wanted to go anywhere else but Maximo! Practical teaching week gives you great exposure to real-life teaching preparation. Our instructor was great and took time to help all students individually. Constant feedback was great for self-motivation and general improvement. I would absolutely recommend Maximo to family and friends.

Kyra

Incredible Experience!

Hands down, one of the best experiences I have had. Audra is an AMAZING teacher!! She is so passionate about what she is teaching and it is incredibly contagious. I came into this program with very little confidence in being an English teacher. As I sit here writing this review a month later ... I feel like I am ready to take on the world and pursue a TEFL career with confidence and excitement! I HIGHLY recommend this program if you are looking to be a TEFL teacher. If you are on the fence about it all (like I was when I started), I guarantee you that your mind will change by the time you finish the program. A huge thank you to Audra and Maximo Nivel for a truly unforgettable experience! You guys are AMAZING!

Mackenzie
Costa Rica
University of Arkansas- Fayetteville

Awesome program

I had a great time from start to finish. Audra was amazing in every way. She was very passionate about her work and happy to help up find work after the program. I learned so much in such a short a time in ways that I never would have thought of without taking the class. Maximo Nivel in Manuel Antonio also offered a beautiful campus with ocean views and lots of things to do in the area. Pura Vida!!!

Lorena
Houston, USA
University of Nebraska- Kearney

Life Changing Experience

By far, this was one of the best experiences ever! In just one month, I learned so much about teaching English, how I can help others succeed, how this certificate benefits, and I also learned a ton about myself. Maximo Nivel in Costa Rica was everything I expected and more! It was literally paradise. Audra and Laura are AMAZING! They're always willing to help no matter what. Audra is also such a great trainer! When I first arrived, I was like, "how in the world am I going to learn to teach when I've never taught in my life?" Now, I feel so prepared, it's like I've been doing it for a while. And it was all thanks to Maximo Nivel COSI, Audra, and Laura! Thank y'all so much for changing my life! I definitely recommend this program to anyone. It will be one of the best decisions ever made! =)

Erica
Ocala, Florida, USA
University of Florida

Rigorous Course with Awesome Teacher in a Beautiful Place!

The TEFL certification course was quite rigorous! One definitely must earn it, not just receive it. The material was thoroughly presented in an effective manner. Days were packed with class time, homework, reading material, and lesson plans. The books were informative and resourceful. My teacher, Audra, was impressive. Not only was she clearly an expert at teaching grammar, she made it fun. She showed plenty of personality while still being a professional. She had me cracking up laughing every day, all day. Anyone who can make grammar fun, is witty and admirable in my opinion. When I was struggling with the amount of work or feeling discouraged from my mistakes , she pointed me back in a positive direction. She presented the lesson plans just as we were being taught to present them to our future ESL students. She made it look so easy! Having the opportunity to spend our last week doing Practical Teaching with real, Spanish-speaking locals, gave us a chance to apply what we had learned all month. This was the most important part of the course. Real-life experience was necessary to becoming certified. We got a chance to implement everything we had learned, and to present our own lesson plans. After I got over the fear of making mistakes, it became enjoyable. The course taught me how to be prepared with a well-organized, effective lesson plan. By the end of the course, I was comfortable teaching a group of ESL students. It became fun building rapport, managing a classroom, increasing student-talk-time, eliciting information from them, confirming their comprehension, correcting errors, and being relaxed enough to show my personality. The facility itself was outstanding! It was large, very clean, nice landscaping, an enticing snack bar, a kind and helpful staff, air conditioning, wifi, lockers, printers, computer access, and a million-dollar view of the Pacific ocean! I would recommend Maximo Nivel in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica to anyone interested in getting their TEFL certification. Wonderful people, beautiful place, and new, effective teaching skills I can use in the future. Thank you Audra, my teacher, and thank you to the lovely ladies at Maximo Nivel who made me and my dog Rasta feel so welcome during our course attendance (July-August 2017). Thank you for your humor, kindness and joy. Sincerely, Rasta and Erica

By adding me to their staff!!!!! haha
This program is perfect! I wouldn't mind joining the staff and teaching others what I have learned.

Jasmine
Vienna, Austria

Very fun and rewarding experience!

This course was very detailed, intense, and prepares it's participants to teach English effectively! The instructor and staff are very kind, helpful, and attentive to all students' needs! The experience was very fun overall, and is held in a very beautiful setting in a well organized environment. The training is very in depth, and there is a lot of practical experience involved. In the end, all students leave very prepared for their next ventures!

Rose
University of North Carolina- Chapel Hill

Dynamic teacher + Beautiful location= Excellent TEFL course

It's hard to imagine a more effective TEFL trainer than Audra Wooldridge. She was able to support our class and maintain high engagement throughout this intensive course. She was an excellent model for the strategies and techniques being taught both in the TEFL classroom as well as the ESL classroom. She also was available to offer useful advice and recommendations for job searches around the world. With her support, I was able to secure a job in Guatemala with a start date immediately after my certification.

Additionally, Karen and the rest of the staff at COSI were always kind and super responsive to student needs. The building was clean, with a beautiful view, and some of the rooms had air conditioning. The large iguana that lives outside the school also provided some visual entertainment during long classes. Overall, this was a wonderful experience and I am glad that I choose COSI Manuel Antonio to get my TEFL certification.

LanguageCorps is a premier provider of TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) certification programs. Our programs around the world empower our Teachers to thrive as professionals abroad, living in fascinating locations while gaining valuable experience teaching English.

Programs are available in 22 locations