TEFL Certification in Manuel Antonio Beach, Costa Rica

Become a certified English teacher by earning a TEFL certification with Maximo Nivel on the beach in Manuel Antonio. TEFL Certification is your passport to living and working as English teacher anywhere else in the world!

The 4-week/150-hour certification program includes more than 15 hours of practical English teaching and observation of experienced teachers. Groups are small with 2 to 14 people.

The TEFL Program consists of 12 modules:

- Teaching Listening & Reading
- Teaching English with Games
- Assessing & Testing Learners
- Introduction to international English exams: TOEFL, IELTS, and Cambridge

Maximo Nivel is internationally accredited and the Maximo Nivel TEFL Certificate is accepted by institutes, language schools, and universities around the world.

Apart from what the others have already suggested, I would also advise that any travel you intend on doing, you are prepared to leave until you've finished or to start beforehand. Manuel Antonio is a beautiful place, and you will certainly have beach time. But don't be fooled! The classes are intensive and require outside-the-classroom prep time. Good luck and have fun!
Thanks so much for your reply. I'd love if you could connect me with them! I'm going to be studying at Maximo in January 2017 and am very keen to teach :)
I would definitely recommend a laptop. You'll need it to work on assignments and lesson plans out of class. The building can get pretty hot, so being able to relocate to cooler locations is a must. Regarding clothes, I wore decent shorts and collared shirts for the classes. For interviews, I would recommend something more business casual.
The cost of the program varies by location and what type of stay you prefer (apartment, hostel, or homestay). I have added a link to the estimated program costs below that you may find helpful. In general, the cost will be somewhere between $2000-$2500, not including your flight. http://www.maximonivel.com/tefl-tesol/prices/

• Benefits 9.5
  • Facilities 8.3
  • Instruction 9.9
  • Difficulty 8.4
  • Job Assistance 9.6
  • Instruction 10
Dave

Maximo Nivel TEFL rocks

It was everything I hoped it would be and more. After taking a 100 hour online TEFL program with a prestigious university, I still didn’t have the confidence or skill set to go into a classroom. Today I leave Manuel Antonio a teacher. If you have ever wanted to teach English abroad taking the hands-on TEFL course in Manuel Antonio is the place to do it. The beach is wonderful and offers a great balance to all of the hard work in store for you.
When I first came across the opportunity to take the TEFL course in Costa Rica I was sceptical of the overwhelmingly positive comments and almost didn’t take the opportunity because of it. I am so glad I did though. The course is top notch and Audra, the TEFL trainer in Manuel Antonio, is nothing short of spectacular. She is a force to be reckoned with. No sugar coating here, but she will take you under her wing until you are ready to fly yourself. Failure is not an option. For me, she exemplifies what it means to be an educator a mentor and a friend. You will just have to meet her to understand. Pura Vida!

I highly recommend this course. If you're serious about becoming a teacher then this is a great course to get you there.
Julia

It will be the best 4 weeks you've ever had!

Taking this TEFL certification course has been one of the best decisions I've ever made! I have met so many wonderful people and have gotten to enjoy the nature and beauty of Costa Rica. My classmates and I worked very hard through the entirety of the course, but it was so worth it. Big thanks to our amazing instructor Audra - she made the course (even classes about grammar) so exciting and interesting for all of us. I'm looking forward to using this certification in the near future after graduating college! If you've EVER wanted to learn to teach English, this is the place to do it!!!

Mia

Amazing program!

I loved my time here in Manuel Antonio. Maximo Nivel exceeded my expectations in every way. This course is challenging and so worth it! Audra makes it really engaging and she is by far one of the best teachers I have ever had. The Manuel Antonio location is absolutely beautiful and I enjoyed going to the beach almost every day. If you are on the fence about whether or not to take this course, do it! I am SO glad I did and I'm starting my new job in San Jose because of it!

James

Awesome Course

Loved my experience at Maximo Nivel, Costa Rica! I am sad to say goodbye to all the wonderful staff who work there, you are all darlings. Even though I couldn´t speak a lick of Spanish and came not really knowing what I was letting myself in for, everyone was very patient with me and accommodating. The host family experience was fantastic, I´ll definitely miss them a lot! Staying with a local family made my experience in Costa Rica so special and taught me a lot about Latino culture. Overall I can´t fault Maximo Nivel for their professionalism, positive attitude and enthusiasm about what they do. Would recommend to anyone looking to do a TEFL course for sure. God bless you Audra, you´re an inspiration to us all. Hope to see you all again sometime soon! Pura Vida Hombres. 🤙🕺☀️

Haani

Prepare to Grow! Beautiful Experience! Audra is a Rockstar! 100% Worth It!

I had no idea what I was getting into when I started this TEFL program. I was a bit overwhelmed by the newness of everything when I arrived to Manuel Antonio but the staff is outstanding and instantly made me feel very taken care of.

The course load gets heavy (but manageable) by the third week so be prepared to work hard! I was recently leafing through my final portfolio, surprised by how much material we covered AND by how much I learned about myself. The course offers plenty of practical teaching experience and I learned more about HOW to teach in four weeks than I did during my entire Linguistics/TEFL program in college. Amazing, right?

You will not find a better TEFL instructor than Audra! She made the course- including grammar- so engaging and fun with her hilarious anecdotes and charming, quirky personality. Despite her busy schedule, any time I had a question regarding anything, Audra was always an email away -and still is. She works extremely hard and genuinely cares about each and every student.

I look forward to teaching in San Jose over the next six months : )

My apartment was pretty expensive!
John

TEFEL in Manuel Antonio - EXCEEDED EXPECTATIONS!

Are you thinking about enrolling in the TEFEL Certification Course offered by Máximo Nivel in Manuel Antonio? I just completed the 4 week course and I give it my absolute highest recommendation! The lead instructor, Audra Wooldridge, is a fabulous teacher. She is very strong on content (you will learn A LOT and work hard!) and brings her engaging, dynamic, and fun personality to class each day. With her guidance and enthusiasm, our group of 12 developed a unique group chemistry that helped all of us work together and learn from one another. Audra is supported by a very competent and friendly staff at Máximo Nivel in Manuel Antonio. In addition, the support we received from New York based Yvonne prior to our trip was first rate!

Asha

Great Challenge, Great Opportunities, Better Person

Hello! Want to learn how to TEFL? You've come to the best organisation. Ok I only did it once, but when last have you had an experience with absolutely no regrets? Thats how good this course was! In just 4 weeks, I have grown as a person and I have an invaluable that I have already begun using and will continue using for the rest of my life. Not to mention, the lifetime job placement? Who else does that?!!
The staff are very supportive, Audra, Laura, Karen, McKenzie, Kate, all lovely people who want you to succeed! Though the course is challenging, it is worth it. Learning a new language is never easy, so as a teacher, you must also go through the challenge.
Audra is absolutely the best! She makes the large amount of work very doable, we chew and swallow in small chunks. She is the perfect example of how to TEFL, so observe her from Day One and you'll see she's the real thing!
Do you want to travel and work? Do you prefer a life with no regrets? Looking for a change from your daily monotony? Look no further, Maximo Nivel, Costa Rica, TEFL Certification. Choose this course and Make. It. Happen.

Caressa

my experience

this course was very different than what I imagined it would be. I can say that the biggest impact it made on me, was that I became more comfortable with public speaking. because the course is only 4 weeks, you will start teaching in the first week, so you can get used to it. you should know that the trainers here don't throw you under the bus, so to speak, and not help you. it may sound scary, it was for me, to teach a class the first week in, but they really do guide you. you can talk to them, ask questions after class if something needed more clarification and email them. they will 100% be there for you!
You also form a bond with your classmates. You're, for a lack of a better way to say it, eating, sleeping and breathing together for 4 weeks, so you get to know each other pretty well. it's and intense program but so worth it at the end

the program doesn't need improvement, everything is amazing!
Jessica

Amazing TEFL Course - Even More Amazing TEFL Instructor!

My favorite part about this program is how much the TEFL instructor Audra cares about her students (not to mention her unwavering optimism). Despite how busy she is, she makes time for her students - both current and alumni. When Audra learned I was interested in teaching in Spain, she got me in contact with one of her previous students who is currently teaching there. When I applied for a job in Spain, she happily wrote me a specialized, second letter of recommendation. Now, I'm planning on moving to Spain in three months! I'm so excited and grateful to have such an opportunity, and I wouldn't be in a position to pursue this dream if it weren't for Audra and Maximo Nivel. Thank you!

Isa

True gem

The warmth of the staff and the incredibly talented trainer, Audra, compare only to the beautiful setting in Manuel Antonio. This course was playful and fun, while teaching very concrete skills and techniques. I believe that the challenges we faced were very true to the nature of teaching and they allowed me to picture what my future classroom would look like. The philosophy behind this style of teaching really focuses on incorporating skills in a laid back and enjoyable for teacher and student. Truly a great experience!

Heather

Just Do It!

Choosing Maximo Nivel for my TEFL certification was one of the best choices I have ever made. The live chat from their website was super helpful in answering all my questions and I felt totally comfortable and easy travelling to Manuel Antonio. The course was great and my TEFL instructor Audra made it fun and fresh! They also support you with job finding assistance! I can't wait to put my TEFL certification to use!

Ann Emilie

You'll love your time here...

I had the choice between taking this course in Tucson, Arizona and Costa Rica. I'm soooooo glad I chose this location. The view is gorgeous and the staff is even more beautiful... But really, they are all extremely helpful and attentive through the entire process. The course is professional and difficult, but you will have a ton of fun during the process. You will love your time here and never want to leave, I promise!

Katie

Wonderful Experience

I had a wonderful experience with the TEFL Certification program with Maximo Nivel in Manuel Antonio CR. I would absolutely recommend this program. The instructor, Audra is the bee knees! She made everyone look forward to class every day. The staff at Maximo Nivel are so great. I was able to find a job before the program even ended with help from Maximo. I not only enjoyed my experience, but I feel so prepared and eager to begin my new job thanks to Audra and this program!

Alex

TEFL at Maximo Nivel Costa Rica

The experience was fantastic! The staff was friendly from the very start providing information and answering all my questions before leaving the country. They helped my journey to Manuel Antonio go smoothly since navigating your way through San Jose can be a daunting task even for experienced travelers. The accommodations were clean and comfortable. Audra the instructor was extremely fun and energetic, but professional and knowledgeable. She was a great resource not only for the class materials, but also for local knowledge, travel, and job placement information. I am very happy with the choice I made for my TEFL certification program.

More stable WiFi in the living accommodations.
ashley

TEFL TO THE MAX AT MAXIMO!

Taking the TEFL certification in Manuel Antonio has been a wonderful (but emotional) experience. After tons of research, I picked Maximo Nivel as my school and I cannot express how happy I am with that decision. I would highly suggest taking it in class instead of online. The location is BEAUTIFUL. Audra is an AWESOME teacher! Her energy and enthusiasm made learning even the most mundane lessons interesting and relatable. She really knows what she is doing.
The practical teaching hours you earn in this class are invaluable to the experience. Audra is also more than willing to help you find a job using your TEFL certification. In fact, she said it is her passion :) I would recommend TEFL at Maximo Nivel in Manuel Antonio to anyone considering TEFL!!

About Maximo Nivel

Máximo Nivel (Maximum Level)—The Intercultural Center of Latin America

Máximo Nivel is a family-owned, social enterprise founded in 2003. Our three intercultural centers are locally-based organizations focused on international education and cross...