Journey to Ecuador, this December to August, for a year of service with WorldTeach. Placements are in the capital city of Quito or in smaller cities at institutions throughout the Andean region. During your service, you live with a host family and have access to electricity and running water.
As a WorldTeach volunteer you will be tasked with teaching English to youths and young adults. In addition, to teaching responsibilities, we encourage all volunteers to actively participate in community life and engage in additional activities or projects of interest. The ability to communicate in English is highly valued throughout Ecuador because of the country’s developing tourist industry, as well as Ecuadorians’ desire for improved access to the global economy. Tourism, both cultural and environmental, has become an increasingly viable means of generating revenue in this South American nation. Knowledge of English also helps Ecuadorians open their businesses to a wider, global audience.
- Native-level English speaker
- Flexible, open-minded and patient
- Bachelor's degree
- Work with youths and young adults
- Engage in extracurricular activities and community life
- Have a meaningful homestay experience (optional)
- Endless opportunities to practice Spanish
- Earn an accredited TEFL certification (optional)