Get Paid to Teach English in Ecuador with a TEFL Certification

Interested in getting paid to travel the world? By earning your accredited TEFL certification with International TEFL Academy, you can teach English in Ecuador & 80+ countries worldwide.

The English teaching job market in Ecuador for TEFL Certified teachers is strong and continuing to grow. A solid hourly wage combined with a very low cost of living allows those teaching English in Ecuador to live comfortably.

Teaching English in Ecuador is a fantastic way to gain international work experience and learn Spanish. Teachers don't need a BA to teach in Ecuador, but a TEFL certification is necessary. Major cities for English teaching jobs are Cuenca, Quito & Guayaquil.

Armed with your International TEFL Academy TEFL certification & ITA's lifetime job search assistance, you'll be able to finding professional teaching jobs all over Ecuador. We've helped more than 20,000 people get TEFL certified & see the world. Join the movement, make a difference, and earn some money along the way!

Why is International TEFL Academy the Right Choice?

• One-on-One Pre-Enrollment Guidance: What TEFL class is best for teaching English in Ecuador? Is Ecuador the right country choice for me? How much money do I need to bring with me to Ecuador & what kind of visa do I need? Your personal ITA Advisor will help you navigate these questions about TEFL certification & teaching English abroad in Ecuador, including detailed information about English teaching jobs in popular cities like Cuenca or Quito?
  • Professional TEFL Certification Courses: We offer accredited TEFL certification courses online (11 weeks online) and in-person (4 weeks) in 25 locations worldwide, and of these would qualify you to teach English in Ecuador. Every ITA TEFL class exceeds international professional standards for instructor qualifications, accredited curriculum, and student teaching hours.
  • We Have Been in YOUR shoes: Everyone on the ITA staff has extensive international experience. Travel is in our blood. It’s our passion to help people realize how realistic this dream of living & working abroad can be. We all appreciate the challenges & rewards of living, traveling, and working abroad.
  • One-on-One Job Search Guidance for Teaching English in Ecuador: How do I actually find a teaching job in Cuenca or Quito? Once enrolled in any ITA TEFL class, you’ll work with our team of expert Student Affairs advisors to help you prepare for your job search in Ecuador. Enjoy access to the most comprehensive job resources & guidance on the planet to help you navigate international job markets across Ecuador, Latin America, and in 80 countries worldwide.
  • Access to ITA Worldwide Alumni Network: Don’t know anyone in Ecuador? No problem! Ecuador has a tight-knit group of ITA alumni and you’ll be able to connect with some fellow teachers before you head abroad. As an ITA alumni you have exclusive opportunities to network, connect, and correspond with our 20,000 ITA alumni teaching English across the globe. This is a great way to meet friends before you leave for Latin America & get all of your questions answered by current ITA alumni on the ground abroad in Ecuador!

How Do I Get Started?

Contact International TEFL Academy for your starter brochure or call us directly at 773-634-9900 & start working with your personal Admission Advisors. Your advisor will work with you one-on-one to answer your all of your questions, go over your options & set up your game plan to see the world. Your advisor will be happy to speak with you as many times as you need to go over job markets, hiring requirements, TEFL course options & much more.

Your journey begins now so let’s get in touch & let’s get started!

• Benefits 9.5
  • Facilities 9
  • Instruction 9
  • Academic Rigor 10
  • Job Assistance 9
Sue

ITA Costa Rica

I completed the ITA TEFL course in Costa Rica. The coursework was very challenging and kept me busy with work the entire month, however, my classmates and I still found time to get away on the weekends to enjoy the natural beauty of Costa Rica.

While I understood a lot of Spanish before arriving, my speaking ability was very limited. Staying in a homestay, I had the opportunity to learn so much, as well as getting excellent meals and having my laundry done, allowing me all the time I needed to complete my coursework.

The instructors were very knowledgeable and although I was wondering during the first two weeks if they were trying to weed us out due to the intensity of the workload, I came to understand that they were just ensuring we were fully prepared.

3 weeks into the course, I applied for a job teaching English in the Galapagos Islands, a dream location for a former science teacher! Within three days, I had been interviewed and offered the job! The morning after completing my TEFL course, I was on a plane to Ecuador.

At least once a day, I use specific information, tricks, activities, or grammar learned during my course, and I can still hear my instructors voices as I teach.

Don’t expect this course to be an easy A, even for the most experienced student. I have 2 masters degrees, and this was the most work I’ve had to do for a course ever, but every assignment has proven to be valuable.

More organization of the course schedule and assignments. I found myself having to check multiple documents to find the information needed to understand the scope of each assignment, and had different ways to turn in different assignments. Streamlining this process would reduce the already high stress that naturally accompanies an intensive course such as this.
Jaques

Ecuador - The Best Latin American Experience

I got certified with International TEFL Academy's online class in 2014 while I was traveling in Argentina and Uruguay. It was an excellent class to take while traveling because all you need is an internet connection and if you are abroad there are excellent practicum locations.

I worked with Havvah in the Student Affairs Department. She assisted me with my resume and cover letter to hit the ground running once I arrived in Cuenca, Ecuador. She was extremely helpful in letting me know what to expect from the hiring process in Ecuador.

Within 2 weeks I secured a position at a local language school teaching several classes per week to kindergarten, 2nd, and 7th grade students. The children I taught were great! They were always excited to come to class and it seemed their parents had instilled in them a great appreciation for education and the value of English.

It's extremely affordable to live in Ecuador. The bus to work everyday was 50 cents. Stopping for lunch at a local vendor may cost you $2 for chicken and corn hot off the grill and bakeries line the streets of Cuenca. One of the best things about my teaching experience in Ecuador was the weather. Almost everyday it was 60 - 70 degrees with sunshine.

I'm so appreciative to have found International TEFL Academy. They facilitated one of the best experiences of my life. From their pre-enrollment advice, to their excellent assistance with helping me navigate the Ecuadorian teaching market. I'm extremely thankful that I chose them as my school.

Jamie

Teach English in Ecuador

Currently, I teach English in Ecuador and received my current position through the assistance of the International TEFL Academy and its support staff. I had a fantastic adviser for the program before I signed up for the course who was more than willing to accommodate my previous location and times to organize phone calls so that I felt most comfortable with the course before I signed up. I was teaching English in China, so the time difference could be troublesome at times, but he never had any issues speaking very early for CST or early/late for my time zone. And he was more than willing to speak over Skype to eliminate the high prices of international calling.

Throughout the certification course, I always had assistance with any questions. My course instructor also advised me on different programs in countries they were most familiar with, including Ecuador, and gladly reviewed both my sample lesson plans and my resume before I submitted them to my current employer. It's definitely worth the cost to have such support when trying to find a job overseas and I would recommend International TEFL Academy to anyone interested in traveling overseas and teaching.

About International TEFL Academy

International TEFL Academy is passionate about two things:

1) Providing the highest quality TEFL certification classes.

2) Ensuring all of our graduates find professional, paid English teaching jobs abroad & have a wonderful experience overseas.

...