ITTT TEFL Course in London, United Kingdom

ITTT’s in-class TEFL course in London, England has a highly practical emphasis with a large number of observed teaching practice sessions with real English language students. The course also covers the fundamentals of English language teaching ensuring you receive all the skills you’ll need to make a successful start to your teaching career. London has plenty to offer trainees during their course and after graduation. Whether it’s a West End show, shopping on Oxford Street or paying a visit to Buckingham Palace there is never a dull moment when you are living and working in London. All graduates of ITTT’s London TEFL course receive an internationally recognized TEFL certificate and lifetime job support.

Prefer an online TEFL option? Enroll in ITTT's online course today!

• Internationally Accredited TEFL/TESOL Certificate
  • Life-long Job Assistance For Teaching Positions around the World
  • Teaching Practice with local English Students under Supervision of Professional Teacher Trainers
  • University-based Curriculum

• Benefits 8.3
  • Facilities 9.7
Vani

A very fruitful 4 weeks!

I found this course extremely useful. It gave me a express ticket into teaching. Its been over a year since I took this course and I can tell you with more confidence than before that it has helped me grow. True, as other reviewers have mentioned, the course is intensive but the amount of information and experience you gain in all aspects of teaching is unmatched. Also I think the intensive nature of the course helps to give a taste of the busy lives of English teachers!
Our instructor Paulina was amazing! she helped all of us feel comfortable and at ease and provided all the support we needed. I met some wonderful people on this course and learnt a lot. The actual experience of classroom teaching was very educating.
I would recommend this course to anyone who is looking for a first step into TEFL.

Perhaps if the course were longer, it would give trainees more time to explore the different aspects of teaching.
This course is not Trinity accredited. So check whether the schools you are applying to need a CELTA or Trinity Cert.
Veny

TEFL London

Overall it was a rewarding experience. Although it was a very intensive course, we had a lot of support from our tutor and giving lessons to students of different nationalities was very interesting and challenging.

I can't think of any improvements that could be made.
Sunnie

Intensive means INTENSIVE!

Wow! - I sure do understand the meaning if intensive now! The work load is phenomenal and it doesn't feel as though there is going to be enough time to absorb what is being taught - and basically there ISNT! That said, it is surprising just how much you DO take on board in class - and for the whole 4 weeks there is no time to do anything else. Depending on where you live also, it will take time to commute to and from the place of study (which incidentally was advertised at being in London Bridge - but turned out to be in Stepney Green, East London!) My commute was a 3 hour daily round trip, making working on assignments go well into the early hours of the morning, sometimes until 3am! - and with a 6.30am alarm call, this really isn't a lot of sleep.
The venues itself was at the back of a shipping company shop front, and although by no means a college, the two classrooms were bright spacy and clean. Only one toilet, no space for eating in a canteen type area though local shops and restaurants are on the doorstep. No quiet areas for study - the classroom space is offered - but too many distractions make it almost impossible to get any work done. That said, there is a library nearby which you can join and study in - though I heard it was also rather noisy in there too!!!!
Our tutor Paulina was fantastic - very knowledgeable and professional. Usually very happy to help - though sometimes I felt as though I couldn't always ask questions at any time, as there were so many things to get through, and Paulina did here best to get through to everyone as best she could. She made us feel very welcome and the dynamic of our group were was excellent.

I would change the timescale if possible - as this would allow for absorption of the work being covered which would lead us to feeling more confident; as opposed to just 'getting it all done.'
I felt empathy for the foreign students who had come over expecting to see a few of the London sights - as the intensity of the course didn't allow them to do this.
We were not given the manual printed out - electronically is fine if you have about three different screens to display information on! A printed out manual would have saved a lot of clicking backwards forwards and sideways to obtain the relevant information. Considering the cost of the course, we brought nothing tangible away with us!

About ITTT TEFL

Since 1993, ITTT has provided industry-leading TEFL Teacher Training to over 150,000 trainees who are now working in over 40 countries around the world. With a large array of TEFL course options, including online, in-class and combined, ITTT TEFL...