Teach English in Italy and Austria Summer 2018

Teach English in Italy and Austria Summer 2018

Teach English in wonderful cities throughout Italy and Austria during Summer 2018. It's the perfect summer job for students, especially in the education field and who want to enhance their teaching experience. The English Camp Company, L.L.C. organizes English Summer Camps in Italy and Austria for 7-14 year olds. We offer an enjoyable, interactive atmosphere where children can use everyday English and improve their knowledge of the English language in a fun, relaxed summer camp environment.

Europe » Italy » Rome
Europe » Italy » Florence
Europe » Italy
Salary / Benefits
175 Euro per week
All accommodation, food and travel expenses between camps are paid for by The ECC.
Inclusions
Meals

Hello Doreen, Yes the deadline is the 14th April. To apply check out our website for more details and the application form is on there too!
Leslie, Did you ever get a response to your question?
To apply for a tutor position, you need to be a Native English speaker. For a Camp Director position you don't need to be a Native English speaker.

• Benefits
  • Facilities

Stephen
Jetmore, Kansas

The English Camp Company is Awesome!

Nate and Ashley (the owners of the company) are great! They were very helpful both in training the tutors and afterwards once we were sent to our different camp locations. The host families were so hospitable. I still talk to them on a regular basis and am so happy to have made a few Italian friends along the way. I would highly recommend this experience to anyone interested in teaching overseas for a short amount of time!

Andrew
Preston

Summer of a lifetime !

I really enjoyed continuing to work as a TEFL teacher, working at 3 different countries in one summer.

A fantastic way to experience the different cultures, as well as seeing new sites of interest, whilst learning about the history and traditions of each country.

An massive opportunity to meet new great open minded people, whilst doing a fun job and staying with host families who really look after many of the tutors very well.

I would highly recommend The English Camp Company to anyone as it is an fantastic, friendly and professional company worth working for.

Annie

Two Great Summers

I worked as a tutor for the English Camp Company in the Summers of 2014 & 2015. Both times were all around great experiences- Nate and Ashleigh were always quick to communicate and on top of our schedules. I never had a problem getting from place to place, or having a host family pick me up. Besides the smooth logistical side, I had an incredible time bonding and living with the host families. I still keep in touch with some of the amazing families I stayed with, who were so incredible kind and gracious to me staying in their home, and who taught me the joy of living like an Italian, la dolce vita. I also loved working with the other tutors and with the kids, everyday was energetic and fun. I made so many great memories and friends and gained so many insightful experiences working with The English Camp Company!

Nina
Fort Collins
Colorado State University

Wonderful Experience

I am so glad that I had the opportunity to work at English camp. It was perfect for me since I love working with children and I love summer camp! It's really important to be open minded about what will happen because there is so much you won't know until the last minute, but that's part of the fun! Nate and Ashley work so hard to match you with great host families who often will make this the experience of a lifetime! Even more, they actually pay you, which is unlike a lot of similar abroad opportunities!

Having an experienced tutor at camps with new tutors would help new tutors a lot.

Jamie
Augusta, GA
Augusta State University

EXPERIENCE OF A LIFETIME

Working with the English Camp Company this past summer was an AMAZING experience shared with AMAZING people. At the start of your adventure you are provided information about safe travel and what to expect when traveling. As you arrive, you are greeted with the warmest welcome possible by Ashley and Nate themselves. During the journey of teaching English in Italy (and maybe even Austria) you are surrounded by a rich culture that is spectacular and inviting. For me, this past summer has been an experience that I will cherish forever, along with the friends and families I met along the way. If you are looking for a way to experience culture, language, FOOD, good people and a chance to use your fantastic teaching skills, apply to the English Camp Company TODAY!

Luke
Winnipeg, Canada
University of Winnipeg

What an AMAZING summer!

I honestly don't think there is a better overseas program than this one! Working with the English Camp Company this past summer has been such an incredible experience and while there is so much to say about this program, I will try to be brief in writing this review.

When I arrived in Italy, the camp owners (Ashleigh and Nate) met me at the train station and somehow knew exactly who I was. It was a really good welcome and that set the tone for the rest of the summer because Italian hospitality is nothing like anything you've ever experienced before. It's amazing to say the least! They really looked after us, right from when we arrived to when we were sent on our way to our first camps.

The first week was spent with orientation and training which involved getting to know the other teachers, learning how and what we were going to be doing all summer and getting comfortable with teaching Italian students... which if you're not familiar is quite the experience. Ashleigh and Nate were really good at answering questions, and preparing us for the summer ahead. You can tell they really care about you and the other teachers and they really have a heart and a passion for what they're doing across Italy... teaching English. Oh and don't let the idea of being "new to teaching" or "I don't know how to teach Italians" scare you! You also have to remember that when you (and everyone else) arrives in Italy at the beginning of the summer, nobody really knows what they are doing but by the end of the summer, you really feel like a pro. It takes time to get comfortable but after a few days of camp, it just becomes second nature.

While overseas, you are staying with a host family at each of the camps you are teaching at. And trust me, these families are so welcoming and just incredible. You'll end up meeting half the town on your first night and eating some of the best pasta you've ever tasted. You become a part of their family and they really go above and beyond to make you feel at home and comfortable. The biggest advice I can give is try everything and don't be afraid of getting to know them. Spend your time with them, not on instagram or facebook. If you have a sensitivity to any sort of food, these families go out of their way to accommodate. One of our teachers from last year was a celiac, and the family went out and bought a brand new set of cutlery and plates for her so she would be "safe." For me, my host families took me to the Swiss Alps where we climbed to one of the highest stations in the Alps, we went swimming in the ocean, went to Milan, Rome, Perugia, went gliding in the Alps, and went out to eat and see different cultural events. Don't be shy. Get in there and have fun.

The camps are set up in such a way that kids don't spend all day in English classes but rather "experience" English through camp songs (yes you must sing and be crazy), through games and activities as well as English classes. You are assigned your own group of kids that will be in your class for the duration of the camp. Get to know them, they love hearing about where you're from, how many brothers or sisters you have an what kind of pets you have. Italians are also crazy about taking selfies. So go ahead and take a few. Above all, be yourself. The most challenging part of the summer for me was the speaking english part. You need to really break down your English and speak in a way that THEY can understand. This sounds more difficult than it is. Seriously, after 2 or 3 days, it's second nature. And being completely honest, after spending a whole summer overseas in Italy, when I went back home, I actually found it difficult to speak English normally again. Which was amusing.

These camps rest solely on how well YOU perform as a teacher/tutor. This might be intimidating to hear but think of it like this: at the end of the day when you see those kids going home, laughing and speaking so quickly, trying to tell their parents about everything that happened and how much they love English camp, you can be sure that it's because of your hard work and energy. And that's what keeps them coming back.

Although I have hundreds of stories that I could share, I'll briefly share one with you. This was at my first camp and I was teaching the oldest kids (10-13 year olds). We had been working all week on the English Past Tense which I thought wasn't going very well. They didn't seem to be getting it as fast as I wanted and I didn't think I was teaching them as well as I could have. I felt bad. After the weekend, on Monday morning, I had a parent come up to me and say that over the weekend, her daughter (whom was in my class) couldn't stop correcting us on our English. Apparently they were using the Past Tense incorrectly and her daughter corrected them endless times using stuff we had been learning all the previous week. That was a good feeling and the point is that even though these kids might not always express their gratitude or show you their understanding, they actually do get it and appreciate your work.

When asked to sum up the whole summer and what it takes to be successful, I'd say this: To make the summer an unforgettable one, you gotta let your guards down and just have fun, be silly and be energetic. Be bold with your teaching, tell the kids stories, and get to know them. Show them that you want their English to improve and that you love the job. Even when it's +45C outside and you're sweating buckets, forget about it and just have fun. Enjoy every moment and try everything. Don't be shy of not fitting in because they know you're not Italian already so you got nothing to worry about. And above all, relax. It's gonna be one heck of a summer!

Summer 2016... let's do this!

There is not much that can be improved because the program is already pretty amazing. But if I had to say one thing that they can improve on is: telling us what we needed to bring and what we didn't need to bring.

I definitely overpacked when I came to Italy (and I only brought one bag) but still, would have been nice to know. For example, I brought jeans and a sweater, both of which I didn't wear once. I also brought too many t-shirts and never wore half of them... the reason being was because we had camp shirts given to us that we wore during the day while at camp. So you only needed t-shirts for the evening when you went home.

You also didn't need to bring a computer. An iPad would have been plenty. And make sure you bring stickers and small little things to give out to your students at each camp. They LOVE getting little things like pins, pencils, flags, little treats. Be creative.

Tom
New York, New York
Tulane University

Hands down, the BEST abroad program in the world.

I don’t know where to start...

Organization/Orientation: By far the most organized and exceptional experience I’ve ever been part of from start to finish. Ashleigh and Nate keep you updated well before your trip to Italy and Austria, throughout and to the end. You'll have nothing to worry about from the moment you arrive at the train station in Italy. Orientation was so informative, eventful, and entertaining. You'll meet people from all around the world and learn about their culture and background. Learning new games and camp songs, taking daily notes, and communicating with everyone are some of the best advice I can give. It makes the experience that much more enjoyable and will nonetheless prepare you for your an exciting summer. I've never felt more equipped to teach English before working with The English Camp Company. The sights are absolutely breathtaking. The food is the best you’ll ever eat in the world. Making lifelong friendships within the first week is inevitable.

Teaching in Italy: Truly rewarding. I won’t ever forget all of the children I spent so much time with. It's an amazing opportunity for anyone considering a career in teaching/education. I was a mathematics major and loved every minute of being an English tutor. I discovered so much about myself while learning about all of my students. I learned how to lesson plan, write plays, and incorporate fun into every activity/game. Teaching in different parts of Italy and Austria will bring its many challenges, but as long as you embrace each day that you're fortunate enough to wake up in and teach in a beautiful country, it'll be a breeze. 3 words: PERFECT. SUMMER. JOB.

Travel/Italian : I lost count of the amount of places I went/saw in only 7 weeks. The beaches are absolutely gorgeous.
Before going to Italy, I hadn't ever spoken the language. By the third week I had learned so many words, phrases, and gestures that I automatically fell in love with the culture and began speaking italian in different places. It's awesome.

One of the greatest and inevitable gifts you'll receive when you travel abroad are making friendships and networking internationally. If you've never travelled abroad you may have a few friends from other countries growing up that you get to know. When you get the opportunity to travel and make friends abroad... it's amazing. It opens your eyes to new places and opportunities. It broadens your horizons and gives you a more open outlook on the world. The benefits of having friends abroad give you places to stay if you want to travel throughout the year, a reference point to the best locations, and so much more.

If you want the opportunity to travel with an amazing, (5-star) affordable program, look NO further. Take the time to apply. You don't have to take my word for it. Scroll up and down and look at all the reviews. Talk about a reputable summer job. The places you’ll go will amaze you. Ashleigh and Nate have the most incredible summer already waiting for you, so why not join.
Look for me in summer 2016.

I wouldn't change anything about the program. It was truly amazing working for Ashleigh and Nate. I was blessed to be hired, and gave 100% effort each day.

Julia
Philadelphia, PA
Albright College

Any Teacher's Dream

The English Camp Company helped me grow into the teacher that I am today. There are so many delightful aspects about being an E.C.C. tutor, that it is almost difficult to choose my ultimate favorite. Working with such wonderful Italian children day in and day out in both the classroom and through fun-filled afternoon activities was the highlight of my entire year, let alone summer. Meeting the world’s most hospitable families who treat you like one of their own, as well as creating long lasting relationships with both fellow tutors and students are just a glimpse of arguably the best experience of my life thus far. Nate and Ashleigh, the masterminds behind this wonderful organization, are two of the most caring, organized and welcoming people on the planet. They make you feel right at home. Orientation was the perfect start to an unforgettable summer because it is a time to meet everyone in the group and learn all of the necessary skills to be successful in the classroom.

Out of the three host families I had last year, I can honestly say with confidence that I cannot choose one I love more than the other. I talk to all of them on a regular basis and I sent them all Christmas packages as a way of saying thanks so much for inviting me into your home for an extended period of time. My favorite Italy memories are the ones spent bonding with my families because they gave me a home away from home in one of the most beautiful places on earth. I learned so much from them, including a little bit of Italian. Each family was different in their own way and I loved learning how to cook meals from their specific regions. The truly want to spend time with their tutor and the kids absolutely LOVE when the tutors go out of their way to enjoy quality time with them as well. I highly advise the new tutors to be mindful of their families, be eternally grateful for treating the tutors like family, and go on the mini excursions that the families plan for their tutors! (The travel opportunities with families are the best)!! The camps are all in gorgeous regions of Italy and each provide an entirely different experience. I absolutely loved the aspect of traveling to a new part of Italy every two weeks. This program allows you to meet new people, live with amazing families, eat the BEST food, teach in a positive and loving environment and travel--- truly an offer that can't be beat!

Working with all of the charismatic, Italian children and passionate staff, and getting the opportunity to travel throughout one of the most beautiful countries on Earth is an experience that I will cherish forever.
This program is without a doubt one of the best out there--- especially if you are looking for an authentic, Italian experience with wonderful families and amazing students. If you want to feel safe, and feel instantly right at home; look no further, because the English Camp Company is the real deal.

My only wish would be to have a final summer "wrap up" get together so that all the tutors could meet again to say goodbye one last time. I loved orientation so much because everyone was in one place, and it was so easy to bond and create instant friendships! If you have the opportunity to do ECC, you will absolutely LOVE orientation. The English Camp Company is a decision you won't regret.

Amanda
Montreal Canada
McGill University

Best Opportunity to Work Abroad

Working for The English Camp Company was the best summer experience I have ever had. Ashleigh and Nate welcomed us with open arms. Orientation with the other tutors was fun and informative. I had never made friends so fast in a 3-day period. The orientation camp was a great way to get the ball rolling and see what the summer would be like. Take advantage of this week because it is the only time you get to work with all the tutors at the same time! The actual job didn't really feel like work because you're having so much fun teaching the best kids ever. You get so attached to your campers and host families that you never want to leave. But worry not, you are always a train ride away from the next best camp and family. The experience I received with the ECC far exceeded my expectations. I would work with them again anytime.

Organization: Extremely organized. If you have a question it will be answered. Either by e-mail before you get to Italy or by phone calls when you are there. You never feel lost when travelling from camp to camp because they provided you with more than enough information with your itinerary and how to get there. Camp directors are always one step ahead and making sure everything is planned and ready before we welcome the campers. If we were missing materials the camp director was on it right away. I can honestly say that I never felt at a loss.

Travelling by trains: One of the best parts of travelling in Italy and Austria. You get to see amazing sceneries and spend time getting to know fellow tutors. You are also getting the full Italian experience of train travel.

Host families: I was blessed to have amazing host families. Not one host family made me feel like I was not included. The families are kind hearted, open to learn about you and where you come from, have the best intentions and want to show you around. Leaving host families at the end of each camp was one of the hardest things because you didn't want to. I personally, am still in contact with some of my host families and this proves that they make it feel like a home away from home.

At times dealing with native Italians can be little frustrating because they have a different mentality. Don't take it personally. Be open minded and you will see that they just want what is best for you, the camp and the campers.

Madeleine
Salt Lake City, Utah
University of Utah

A Perfect European Summer

My first time out of the United States was my summer with ECC. As a first time traveler, I was apprehensive to leave home for such a long time. However, Nate & Ashliegh, along with the other tutors, host families, and kids at camp made me feel right at home. Nate and Ashliegh are the best bosses I've ever had, they are so organized and on top of everything. Traveling from town to town was a breeze, and their camp orientation had me extremely prepared to teach the kiddos at camp! Every tutor I had the pleasure to work with was on top of their game, and colaboration was easy an fun! We even traveled together after camp, some of the tutors will be my friends for life! can't say enough good things about my host families, these wonderful people went out of their way to make me feel like a part of the family! They cooked amazing meals and brought me to cities such as Milan and Rome. The days at camp were alway fun and well organized! Everyday I was amazed by the kids and their excitment for English. You will work hard, you will meet amazing people, eat wonderful food, see beautiful place, and never want to go home.

This is a stretch, but they could emphasize brushing up on your camp songs before you arrive. A vast knowledge of camp songs makes the morning warm up that much more enjoyable for everyone involved!

John
Ithaca, NY
State University of New York- Oswego

Phenomenal!

My experience with the English Camp Company was absolutely incredible. Nate and Ashley are great and they definitely make sure that you are well prepared to teach english efficiently at all the camps. The training week is a blast and very informative. Everything is set up perfectly: the host families, the various camp locations, the train tickets. Every new location was a new adventure and getting from one place to another was very simple. This is an excellent way to see the country. I was able to be in the very south of Italy, as well as up north. And then the transition to Austria blew my mind. Each culture was fascinating and there is plenty of time outside of the teaching hours to discover the food, people, and country. Finally, the children at the camps were a joy to work with. Their energy was constant!

Preparation for the final show was mildly stressful for me. However, most of the other tutors loved this and put together excellent skits.

Niamh
Ireland
Dublin Institute of Technology

BEST SUMMER EVER!

I genuinely cannot express how much I loved working with The English Camp Company! The weather is generally glorious, the campers are so much fun and I personally befriended people who I hope I will know forever!
Although the days are long at camp, they fly by and before you know it, you'll be devastated that camp is over and you have to leave the kids for another town! :)
The host families are soo sweet and will go out of their way to make sure you are comfortable and well fed! Similarly, Ash and Nate (the company directors) take good care of you from day one of your application and are always just a phone call away!
If you want to have an amazing summer and meet plenty of interesting and hilarious people, then work with The English Camp Company! :) :)

If I could change one thing, it would be that I went to Italy in time for the first orientation, rather than waiting for the end of June to fly over!!

Emrys
Szczecin, Poland
Sheffield Hallam University

ECC 2013 Summer to remember

Many adjectives can be used to describe my experiences in Italy, and pretty much all of them are positive.

This experience not only gives you the chance to put some work on your CV it gives you something I think a bit more important than that, memories, and friends which can last can last a lifetime.

There are I would say 5 things which make this summer job special

1. The orientation where you meet people from all across the world, share stories, play games, learn camp songs, and also gain professional advice and experience in teaching English as a foreign language. An absolute blast.

2. The host families. You would have to be VERY unlucky to have a host family who doesn't take excellent care of you. In my experience my host families were bordering on perfect. The food was exquisite, and the general level of hospitality is something I have never experienced ever before in my life. They always take care of you, no matter what. Just make sure you respect them and don't take them for granted. I couldn't express my appreciation enough.

3. The work. If you love working with kids, and that's important, you couldn't find a better job. You start the day with singing camp songs, and go into lessons which you can make your own, just as long as the kids can understand what you are doing! Making the lessons fun is paramount in my experience, as bored kids = a bad experience for them. When they have fun and enjoy what they are doing, you have fun. But make sure they are learning English at the same time.
The afternoon activities are also a blast, and you can get involved yourself, just don't be too competitive! It ranges from sport to crafts to water games, and you might be terrible at one activity, so just as long as you can explain WHAT they have to do and give them guidance, you don't necessarily need to get involved, as you might be worse than the kids are! But even at the end of the day you are tired, and the first thing you do when you get home is sleep, in the morning you won't have a problem getting up and going to work I promise. If you do then you're in the wrong job.

4. The people. First our bosses (Nate & Ashleigh) were tremendous in giving us help and support both in orientation and when we were at camp, although at camp you usually liaise with your camp director if you have any issues. You get the opportunity to know them a little, and talk to them which I think is great, as in some workplaces you can feel a distance between your employers.
Then secondly is your fellow staff members. These are the people who I think make the experience what it is. You are all there for the same reason, so you should all at least have something in common. I had so many laughs with the people I met, they were the greatest people, both as professionals and as friends. I can't emphasise how fun it was to spend time with these people.

5. Travel opportunities. Not really work related, but if you are lucky enough to go to a camp which is near some famous sights, your families might be willing to take you there, and also if you are financially stable you might be able to see some of the many gems which Italy has to offer. In my time in Italy I saw, Pisa, Florence (twice), Venice, Milan (where I saw AC Milan play), Cesena, Cinque Terre, and many other beautiful places which I'm sure you will have never heard of. Italy is probably the most beautiful country in Europe.

So if you're thinking about applying just do it. You won't regret it.

Tyler
London, ON, Canada
University of Western Ontario

Best Summer

First, Nate and Ashleigh set up an amazing orientation program that takes place in the beautiful town of Assisi. I had little experience with teaching, but had a lot of camp programming experience (coming from the Canadian "camp scene"). During orientation there was ample time to learn and employ all of the new skills necessary for the upcoming weeks. During orientation week, I met an amazing group of people that I had entirely too much fun hanging out with. The orientation week was an awesome way to do teambuilding and to have a ton of fun before starting camp.

During the next 6 weeks, I lived with many amazing host families that I learned so much from. They were incredibly welcoming and ECC had definitely spent time looking into the families to make sure they would be suitable.

The experience is amazing because you get to move around to different parts of Italy and see interesting sites in different places. The company pays for your train tickets from one town to the next, Nate and Ashleigh truly have every detail worked out for you. Usually you live close to other tutors, so you have the chance to hang out with them and their families as well.

I would definitely recommend this experience to anyone! This was my first time travelling (ever), and the experience was amazing for sightseeing, as well as for learning about the culture through the amazing families and people that you meet. Nate and Ashleigh were great to work with and were really well organized, which made the entire summer in Italy run smoothly, truly amazing!

There were no problems! It exceeded my expectations and more!

Rachel
Liverpool
University of Liverpool

Amazing Summer Job!

I feel extremely lucky to have been given the opportunity to work for the English Camp Company. Nate and Ashleigh are extremely friendly and supportive and make sure every tutor feels prepared for camps, as well as there being lots of opportunities to socialise. The organisation is very well organized, from very useful inductions, to travelling to camps, to working at camps, etc. This is a great opportunity for exploring new places and experiencing the real Italian culture. I was fortunate to work at two very different camps; one large camp in a fairly big city, and a small camp in a tiny village. This was great as it means you get to experience different lifestyles and this is an enriching experience. The camps are very fun and I would recommend this programme to people who enjoy exploring new cultures, working with children, and enjoy variety, as every day is different. The kids are a pleasant to work with and get really involved with the activities. Other tutors and camp directors are extremely friendly, and everybody seems to work really well in a team and become good friends. There are also chances to go to places some nights and on the weekend, so it’s a great social and travel experience as well as a fun working one.

Becky
Coventry, England
University of Worcester

Take a bow English Camp Company!

Amazing company! All the support you could wish for and more. Locations vary so much, right from the south of Italy to the centre of Austria, means that every camp is completely different, in children, ability level in English, host families and surroundings.
The training you receive prepares for all aspects of the job, leaving you with no queries or doubts about the job.
The host families are selected with a lot of care, the tutors safety and happiness always being at the top of priorities.
The English Camp Company is a small business, meaning everyone works as a team, and becomes very close over the summer. Because of this community feel throughout the summer, it often resulted in a much higher work ethic at camp, everyone was on hand to help you, make you laugh, socialise after camp, help you plan lessons... The list goes on!
I cannot rate this company highly enough. If you are looking to travel and earn money at the same time, this rewarding, humbling experience is perfect!

Best summer of my life, all down to Ashleigh, Nate and The English Camp Company!

Absolutely nothing!

Lauren
Chattanooga, TN

Golden Summer

This is the ideal summer job for so many reasons: everyone I worked with was good at his/her job & loved what he/she was doing, Nate & Ashley (the founders of the company) are great supporters & will do anything to make your experience positive for you & the students, & of course Italy is Paradise, so even working is beautiful.

I can't think of one complaint.

Cristen
Charleston, West Virginia

Nothing but the Best

Nothing but the best, is the experience you hope to have when you travel to another country...especially one as wonderful as Italy. However, if you are a first time teacher going abroad you leave home with a heart full of excitement, a backpack full of clothes and mind full of worry ( mostly brought on by the "what ifs" your parents and loved ones warned you of ) The English Camp Company is definately a program where you can drop that heavy load of worry. It is organized and operated in a way that is safe and adventurous. The camps are held in smaller towns allowing you to get a safe and wonderful feel of the real Italy. Staying with host families allows you to further immerse yourself in the culture and get a true feel for the amazing hospitality of the Italian culture. Throughout the summer you work with a variety of tutors from different English speaking countries. Through the work week you end up bonding with these tutors ,learning about their cultures and making friends. All in all, The English Camp Company provides you with an experience that is Nothing but the Best!

alishaRose
Barrie, Ontario
Brock University

Cant help but go back!

I am from Canada and going to Europe was a dream come true, a little tough to get around the first couple days it all becomes second nature. The people I worked with were absolutely amazing, and the kids are fantastic. Its a great way to travel, explore new things while teaching and working with children. I went in 2012 and will be returning again this year (2013). It really is just a wonderful atmosphere and a great summer experience. I have told many people already about this program and will continue to do so.

Saoirse
Glasgow, Scotland
University of Glasgow

ECC

I spent summer 2012 working for the ECC and liked it that much that I'm going back for summer 2013! While in Italy I worked with great people, stayed with brilliant families and really developed my teaching skills. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who wanted to spend their summer doing something different and exciting- and especially those doing teaching!

There isn't much I would change- at one camp we took the children to a local swimming pool and they seemed to really enjoy it (we did too) so perhaps more visits to the pool if the weather is too hot!

Alice
Oxford, UK
Oxford Brookes University

My ECC Experience

I have done 2 summers with the ECC in Italy and Austria and it was by far the most valuable experience of my life. Small and very friendly company who are very personal and flexible if there are any issues. Fantastic host families and children to teach! Highly recommend to anyone considering!

Elaine
Leicestershire, England
Leeds Metropolitan University

Teach English in Italy

Teaching English to children aged 7-14 years at summer camps around Italy was a memorable experience. Working each day was enjoyable, making lessons interactive and organising afternoon activities. The children are enthusiastic and are willing to learn; seeing you as a role model the children really look up to you. Whilst at camp, a highlight for me was when everybody was having fun during the afternoon activities and everybody's competitive side showed, wanting their team to win! Another highlight was seeing the children perform their final shows at the end of the two weeks. Parents come to watch the performances and you really see how much English the children have learnt. A difficulty I encountered was trying to keep the children (especially the older children) focused during lessons but making them fun and of interest to them will engage them. Host families I stayed with were all very welcoming and they make you feel at home. It was a great opportunity to experience the Italian culture and lifestyle. Bonuses of spending your summer in Italy include the gorgeous weather and the Italian food!

Have more resources available to tutors so the English lessons are more interactive.

The English Camp Company, L.L.C. organizes English Summer Camps in Italy & Austria for 7 – 14 year olds. We offer an enjoyable, interactive atmosphere where children can use everyday English and improve their knowledge of the English language in a fun, relaxed summer camp