Teach English Abroad in Japan with Benesse BE Studio

If you love children and would like to teach English, then Benesse BE Studio has good news for you: we're hiring!

Benesse BE Studio is looking for amazing and enthusiastic teachers to join our growing company and be part of our unique program.
This program seeks to immerse children as young as 9 months old, in offering opportunities to be exposed to, and learning authentic English communication schools. The schools are mainly located inside shopping center facilities to ensure convenience and safety for both students and teachers.

BE studio welcomes teachers without professional teaching experience.
All you need is a compelling story to tell about working with children (e.g. babysitter, daycare, camp counselor, being raised in a big family, etc.)
We support teachers with a comprehensive training program (paid) and a thorough relocation/visa support.

If you have a passion for working with children, BE Studio may be a wonderful fit for you!

• You don't need previous teaching experience. You only need to know English and love children!
  • BE studio will happily support your English career debut at all stages. We know it will be the first step for your new life!
  • Relocation support and visa sponsorship included.
  • Brand Concept: "BE YOURSELF and WANT TO BE" Our program supports students' originality and will, and aims to nurture heartfelt communication skills.
  • Final orientation hosted in the US (mainly hosted in Southern California)

BE studio was selected as "overall best" in the young learner's division (iid award 2019)

We are excited to share that BE studio received the award for both the "overall best" and also "the school with great teachers"
in the young learner's division (age groups 0-6) of the iid award 2019! Although the article is written in Japanese, here's our president's interview on receiving the award: https://resemom.jp/article/2020/01/31/54536.html

Yes, we are still accepting applications. However, please note that we have a long list of "stand by" teachers who have been offered a position 6-9 months ago, yet could not travel to Japan due to border control. Due to such, we can proceed with your interview whilst your expected arrival timing to Japan will be delayed. If you are interested to apply, please visit our website here → https:/...

Thank you for the inquiry. Yes, you are welcomed to apply for the position! The government requires a bachelor's degree or above for visa purposes.

• Benefits 9.3
  • Facilities 9.7
Lisa

Teaching with BE Studio

I enjoyed working with BE Studio, teaching young children and meeting people from all over the world. Your experience depends on where you are placed and who your lesson partner is and luckily, I ended up with a fantastic lesson partner in a school close to my house. Training was very thorough and we were given the opportunity to shadow teachers and ask questions before teaching on our own. Benesse BE Studio also offered workshops and monthly training to brush up on skills, meet other teachers, and hear about each other's experiences. Overall, it was a great experience and a wonderful place to work.

Communication b/w English and Japanese staff at HQ
Keenan

Teaching with benesse

Be studio is a really big organization, so what your experience is like is going to be determined largely on where you end up. All I can say is that the job itself is really enjoyable. A lot of it is teaching small kids, which, once you build some rapport and get the hang of it, is really fun. One of the best things I can say about this company is how well organized it is. You really feel taken care of: health care, daily minutiae, lesson plans, scheduling, training, workshops, you name it. If you're looking to work in an eikaiwa, this definitely isn't a bad choice to say the least.

It's tough to say. More opportunities to socialize with coworkers?
Veronique

BE Studio part timer

I worked part time at BE Studio: 2 day shifts a week, teaching children from 9 months to 10 years old. I had a great experience there, I was given a good balance of time to prepare for my lessons as well as a good range of materials for my lessons. The plaza staff I worked alongside were always enthusiastic and eager to help, aiding with some preparation, advice about students and providing in lesson support for the younger ages.

What I really benefited from were the regular (optional) training sessions where we could select a topic (e.g. "classroom management" / "playgroup") and attend a group session where we discussed and shared ideas/solutions to issues we had in class... this is where I got so much practical advice I could actually use in class, it was so helpful.

I was initially quite worried about teaching such young age groups but ended up finding it really fun, the advice and support from plaza staff and other teachers really helped.

Overall, a really great experience