On the Marshall Islands, primary school is mandatory for Grades 1-8, though many children are not enrolled. As a volunteer teacher on the Marshall Islands, you could teach in public elementary schools, high schools, or vocational schools. One placement is an urban area with larger and more advanced classes, and another in a rural area where the communities are largely untouched by modernity.
Our Marshall Islands program is fully funded by the Marshall Islands Ministry of Education and volunteer airfare is also covered.
With our year-long program, you can also become TEFL certified to earn credibility and give you an edge in the ESL teaching job market. While certification usually costs about $1,899, with WorldTeach you can become certified for only $350 while also gaining priceless in-country teaching experience.
Watch our webinar (http://bit.ly/1t22U9U) to hear directly from previous volunteer teachers and field staff on what it's like to teach in the Marshall Islands.
View Program Information
• Pre-departure literature & preparation
• Comprehensive visa sponsorship & assistance
• Health & emergency evacuation insurance
• Orientation Training- including teacher training, teaching practicum, language and cultural immersion, safety and security briefing
• Support from full time in-country staff
• Professional development with Teacher Quality
• Meals & housing during training and conferences
• Transportation to and from placement site
• Monthly stipend
• Housing at placement site
• Mid-Service Conference
• End-of-Service Conference
• Option to get TEFL certified in some programs
• *Select programs include international airfare from a
U.S. gateway city