Volunteer Teaching & Education in Panama with TravelBud

Be based in a coastal town in Panama
Be based in a coastal town in Panama
Teach 4 afternoons per week in Panama
Teach 4 afternoons per week in Panama

Volunteer as an English teacher in the quiet seaside town of Pedasí, Panama. 4 Hours from Panama City, this quaint rural town is surrounded by rustic beaches - the perfect spot to be stationed while you teach English to students aged 6-12 after school.

You'll work 4 days per week (Monday to Thursday) in the afternoons meaning you'll have long weekends each week to explore Panama's stunning countryside. Your accommodation is communal and included in the price, along with 3 home-cooked meals per day, Monday to Thursday. You'll also get airport pickup and 2 days of accommodation with a city tour in Panama City!

And, of course, you'll get our comprehensive pre-departure support to help you get ready for the trip plus 24/7 in-country support for anything that might happen once on the ground and even to help you plan a trip on those long weekends!

• Work just 4 afternoons per week teaching English.
  • Be based in the quaint costal town of Pedasí, 4 hours from Panama City.
  • Have long weekends every weekend to explore this exciting country.
  • Accommodation included with 3 home-cooked meals on school days.
  • Get airport pickup with 2 nights accommodation and city tour on arrival.

Upcoming Start Dates for our Paid Teaching Programs in Asia

Thailand: December 30th (Closing November 4th)
Vietnam: February 24th
South Korea: March 2nd
Myanmar: January 27th

• Benefits 10
  • Facilities 10
ben

Teach in Panama

My experience teaching in Panama has been amazing and very eye-opening. I instantly felt comfortable and at home with the team because of their friendliness and hospitality. They were very hands on and supportive; and will be with you every step of the way. The kids are so great and energetic; and they bring much energy and excitement, it is hard not to see your impact and influence on them and the community. Of course, there is always help from our supervisors if ever needed! I never felt alone or overwhelmed. The accommodations and community were great! The staff and everyone I met were friendly and always willing to help. My supervisor always encouraged me to travel and experience as much as the Culture as possible. He gave great suggestions and helped me navigate the country. The food was amazing! Every meal got better and better. I could not feel any less at home.
*Also, it is beach weather (humid and rain as well) so do not need much cover!! I packed way too much .

Saskia was an amazing contact. She has been with me constantly along the way. I also felt supported by her.

Be open! Get out and get involved in the community. DO NOT be afraid to travel either!!!
Response from TravelBud

Hi Ben,

Wow, we are thrilled to hear how much of an amazing experience you've had on our volunteer teaching program in Panama. Saskia in particular is beaming after reading your review :)

We're so happy that you contributed to the impact our program has on the local communities in Pedasi and have no doubt that this experience will stay with you for the rest of your life.

All the best for your future, Ben.

- Stu and the TravelBud team

Read my full story

Alumni Interviews

Staff Interviews

About TravelBud

At TravelBud everyone you deal with is someone who has taught or volunteered abroad before. We all passionately believe in the life-changing power of the teach & volunteer abroad experience, both for those we place and for the students who gain new...