English Program in Korea (EPIK)

EPIK (English Program in Korea) is a program that works to improve the English speaking abilities of students and teachers in Korea, to foster cultural exchanges, and to reform English teaching methodologies in Korea. It is affiliated with the Korean Ministry of Education and is operated by the National Institute for International Education (NIIED). Established in 1995, the EPIK program encourages cross cultural exchange while promoting the development of English language skills in Korean students.

We are now accepting applications for the Spring 2016 term with positions starting in late February, March and April of 2016. Positions are available throughout South Korea including key cities such as Seoul, Busan, and Daegu. Apply now to begin the process and get your adventure with EPIK Started!

• Benefits 8.6
  • Facilities 8.2
Amanda

EPIK in Daejeon

I was placed in the province of Daejeon. I love this city as well as the school I was placed. My situation is unique because I have one school and all my co-teachers teach me with. This is unique because some people have two schools AND some people have co-teachers that say they will be in class helping but are not there/don't offer assistance. I would want future participants to know that it is crucial to manage expectations and remember that EVERYONE'S situation is different even though it is under the same program name. So much depends on the school, teachers, area, apartment, attitude of the principle, the peers you meet at orientation, ect.... Prepare yourself for any situation and remember that two people's times here is not 100% alike.

More Korean classes for incoming teachers during orientation. Makes a world of difference when trying to assimilate and connect to your students.
Scarlett

EPIK

I think that EPIK is an excellent choice if you want to teach abroad. The salary, free housing, medical benefits, vacation time, and paid flights to and from Korea, all make for a very nice contract. Since the EPIK program is through the Ministry of Education, your job is stable and secure. You're teaching with the public school board so you don't have the same anxieties that you would if you worked for a private school that could pack up and close down at any time leaving you stranded without a valid visa or salary.

When you apply to the program you need to remember that each individual teacher's experience varies a lot. On your application, you are allowed to request a city or province that you would prefer to work in. You can also request a level (elementary, middle, or high school) that you would prefer to teach. But regardless of your listed preferences, you could be placed anywhere. Generally, the vast majority of teachers only find out where they will be teaching AFTER they have already signed their contracts. You might teach at one school in a big city where you only have to teach 2 different grade levels. Or, you might live in a rural area and teach at up to 4 different schools. Its very rare, but some EPIK teachers end up in remote areas where the nearest native english teacher lives an hour away. There is no standard EPIK experience. Every position is different and comes with a different set of perks and challenges.

You have to be prepared for any outcome. If you're flexible and adaptable then whatever outcome you wind up with will probably work out fine for you. Most teachers I meet in Korea didn't get what they initially wanted when they applied but they love where they ended up.

This program has given me everything that I wanted as a newly graduated undergrad- I have my own apartment, I can save a little money each month, I have the time and money to travel, and I'm gaining teaching experience and learning a new language. I teach both elementary and middle school at 3 different schools and I live in a rural area. It's challenging but I love my job and I'm so happy that I applied to this program.

-I think it would be better for everyone if native english teachers knew WHERE they had been assigned BEFORE they signed their contract. This would allow teachers to better prepare for their positions and it would cut down on the number of people who make 'midnight runs' to leave their contract early.
Ellen

Many variables affect the experience but overall good

I've never once regretted my decision to teach with EPiK. However, there are many factors at play and each teacher's experience is very different from the next. Orientation was informative and helpful but incredibly tiring. There was no WiFi which is kind of a big deal when you've just moved your whole life to the other side of the world. There was also never time to leave orientation to grab a real cup of coffee at a place that did have WiFi. It was non-stop lectures and workshops for 12 hours a day for 6 days.

My apartment and neighborhood was great. I really can't say anything bad about my living situation. Public transportation was very close to my apartment, the neighborhood packed with restaurants, stores, bars, pharmacies, cafes-- you name it!

My biggest complaint about EPiK is that there is very little accountability regarding co-teachers. Some are very helpful, value their native teachers, go out of their way to include them at school functions and strive to cultivate a strong co-teaching relationship from which the students greatly benefit. Others will provide little to no assistance even though that is part of their job (ie: setting up a bank account, going to the immigration office, etc.) and not put any effort into actually co-teaching. This is all a roll of the dice and it can be wonderful or downright dreadful.

EPiK is, for the most part, great. The standard for co-teachers needs to be higher and there should be more measures in place to ensure that good teachers (and, honestly, just decent people) are working as supervising co-teachers.

I would recommend EPiK for adventurous and PATIENT young teachers or people who are looking to get a start in language education.
Cathy

Things they don't tell you about being an EPIK teacher...

1) You will teach alone at times, even though your coteacher is supposed to be there.
2) Your coteacher's level of English may be lower than your students.
3) You should have a basic understanding of Korean if you wish to teach effectively (especially to low level students) and manage a class by yourself.

I'm a pretty positive person, and I wouldn't give up this one year experience for anything since it has tested me in many ways (and I met someone special here). But this experience has been a far cry from what I expected. The biggest issue has been my visiting school, which is a 40 minute bus commute to a rural area outside the city (twice a week). I teach 4 afterschool classes a week without a co-teacher: 1st-2nd grade together and 3rd-6th grade together (the school is really small). If you've ever tried to teach/manage young students (1st-2nd grade) by yourself, you know it's a chore. Add to that the communication barrier and you've basically got a circus going. My 3rd-6th graders are extremely talkative and getting them to listen for longer than 5 seconds is difficult, not to mention finding activities that are level appropriate for all grades. Hence, my first semester was very stressful, to say the least.

Co-teaching is a challenge. Most EPIK teachers' grievances stem from problems with coteachers. You might have coteachers that use corporeal punishment, who can't manage the classroom, who undermine you by speaking solely in Korean, who teach the students incorrect English, or who sit in the break room and enjoy coffee while you teach. Thus, if you actually care about teaching your students English, you might find yourself -somewhat- frustrated. While I've experienced all the above (thus far), I currently have 2 experienced coteachers that I really enjoy teaching with this semester. You get the bad with the good.

With my intake, several issues have come up regarding breaches of contract. In fact, changes have been made to the contract (extending the minimum number of camp days) mid-way through the contract. When I contacted them regarding my summer vacation, they were very unwilling to accommodate my needs on the basis that I must follow the contract. I find it hypocritical that they can adjust the contract boundaries according to their needs but not mine.

As it stands it seems that EPIK offers better pay and vacation days than hagwons do. However, you should be prepared for ANY type of teaching situation, in ANY part of S.Korea. Only apply if you are prepared to be in a less-than-ideal setting.

No, I don't recommend this program
Inez

My teaching experience in South Korea has been ...

I have been teaching in South KOrea for about four months. I am enjoying the experience, I live comfortably in my rent free apartment and at my school the students are great. I have travelled so much during my four months year, I have a 12 month contract and have so much more to see and can't wait for weekends which I have free to explore Korea.
A great experience I would definitely recommend to friends.

The notice of acceptance with EPIK was way too short. I had four working days to get my three flights booked (to get here to SK), my visa sorted,get tax clearance, online orientation completed, packing my suitcases, shopping,and just getting my head around the fact that I am really going overseas for a year, which was my first time leaving home. I applied to teach but was only told a 6 days before I had to leave that I will be receiving my contract soon, therefore I got the job. That was stressful, I can't believe I got through all that lol I just graduated in april and was so chilled out and suddenly rush rush I am here now and settled in.
Stephanie

It was a good year that turned into four

EPIK is one of the major hiring agencies for public schools in Korea that is reputable and it's a pretty easy process as long as you get all your documents prepped on your end. There is no guarantee that you will get what you prefer as for location and level so be prepared for ANYthing - This happened to me, but I actually ended up loving my school, my job, and most importantly, my kids. I consider myself to be very lucky.
Socially I connected with all walks of life and my group of friends extended beyond the EPIK ones. Your experience in Korea isn't what EPIK offers. It's really what you make of it yourself. EPIK just helps get you started.

I went to Korea for 1 year and ended up staying 4.
I can't stress enough how much this opportunity helped me grow as a person and a teacher. Thank you EPIK for giving me a chance.

EPIK dumped me in the far south away from all the friends I made at my orientation. I felt extremely isolated in my first few months (i was in a small town) and I felt disconnected from the EPIK program.
My recruiter barely talked with me or helped me when I asked questions. I don't think my school was even an EPIK one, I was a late applicant and filled a position that opened last minute for anyone available.

My contract was changed in my second year from EPIK to JLP and I felt like EPIK just passed me onto another recruiter because I was in the Jeollanamdo Province. (not many EPIK placements )
Pretty much, everything I did was on my own, and I ended up almalgimating into the JLP program in my 2nd year.

If I could change one thing, EPIK please take care of your Native English Teachers that you put in rural far away places. Your schools and placements are great and your orientation was a lot of fun. But, make sure your teachers are happy post orientation and make sure they know there's a coordinator to help them out if they need it. It didn't bother me after 4 months because I had amazing people that helped me out, but for others it's a bit harder to adjust independently.
Oh, and IF you're going to change someones contract to another programs, TELL THEM.
Karla

An Epic Review

My experience of the application was long with a fair few ups and downs. I went through a recruiter and they wanted to ensure that I had everything perfect which did mean redoing many things. Also, prepare for plenty of paper work.
Arriving in South Korea, the EPIK team were awaiting everyone. They were well organised, friendly and efficient. Then the training. This was a full schedule. Prepare for long days and long lessons. One the site I was on there were plenty of facilities including a cafe, a shop and a gym.
My advice, take some of the training with a pinch of salt. Literally everyones experience will be different. Lucky for me I am super happy with my area, school & co teacher. Others may not be.
Be open to anything, and just enjoy this time you have away. The students will love you and that will 'make' your time here.
Don't forget to travel. South Korea is so efficient, which makes it so easy!!!

Payton

Your Experience is What YOU Make of It!

If you are a proactive, positive, and determined person, you will have an amazing experience with EPIK! I truly believe that YOU are what makes your experience in Korea exceptional. That's not to say that this type of position is for everyone-- to teach in Korea, you should definitely love kids, be confident in your understanding of English grammar, and be a highly adaptable personality-- but if you are positive and ready for the challenges to come, this is a great program for you. EPIK is about immersing yourself in Korean culture, from the food to the social life to the climate to the customs. It is about transitioning into a new and different way of life, and being able to adapt to that personally while also maintaining the strong work ethic, positive attitude, and self-motivation to do your job well and teach your students with integrity. While the experience is not without its ups and downs, it is a great way to (brace yourself, cliché ahead) "get outside your comfort zone." As tough as some days have been, I have never once regretted my decision to move to Korea and join the EPIK program!

If I had to change one thing about the EPIK program, I would create a more realistic orientation program. While I did feel that the orientation prepared me fairly well for the experience to come, it was much less applicable to those who would be teaching in rural areas than to those who teach in cities. It would be helpful if the orientation truly addressed difficulties we would have as foreign teachers in both rural and urban Korea.
Michael

EPIK Good and bad

EPIK has both positive and negative aspects to it. ( I know what else is new right?)

I will say that the positives outweigh the negatives. It is a cheap and affordable way to live in a new place. You get to interact with the local culture and really absorb it. If you are placed in a good school you will have a great work life. The opportunity to travel to other Asian destinations is outstanding. The food is not so bad and very cheap. (local cuisine)

Most importantly, I think it helps you to grow as a person. Being in a new country, with little English, and now as a minority, is something more people should try. It tests you mentally and teaches you real world skills.

However, you could be placed in a bad school and have a horrible work life. Some, not all, Koreans really don't want you there and/or are just amused by you. The constant gawking and attention gets on your nerves at times. That is compounded by the fact that they have been learning English for a long time but can't seem to speak more than hello or handsome. Even when you attempt to use Korean they will either switch to English or just have no idea what you are saying. (lack of foreign Korean speaking accents they deal with coupled with some stereotypical belief that only they can speak Korean)

But, as stated earlier, the pros most certainly make the cons worth it. I would say at least come and try it for a year. A year goes by so fast and if you don't like it you can just move home. *disclaimer* as of this review EPIK seems to be experiencing sever budget issues and jobs are being gutted. It might be best to try a hagwon or another country. Check the web for updates.

Make sure that co-teachers actually want to work with foreign teachers.

Hire actual teachers and not just random foreigners.

Orientation would include more survival Korean skills and a more realistic portrayal of the classroom.

Enroll only students who want to learn English, not those who are forced into it.

Tara

Lovely time there but rough reverse culture shock

I absolutely loved my experience with EPIK. They placed me on the gorgeous island of Jeju, they offered a fun & educational orientation with other fellow foreign teachers, placed me at a great public elementary school with attentive staff and smart, adorable and kind students. Also, my own tiny/cozy apartment was assigned and paid for. I created such a nice space for myself there & made some incredible life-long friends from all over the globe. I however missed my friends and family too much to stay longer than 2 years. I also could afford to travel to other surrounding South Eastern countries while living in Korea. I am so thankful for that experience and I would never change it. I do however wish someone would have told me about their personal struggle of how hard it was to return to the native country. I have struggled for the past 4 months with trying to not be so awkward (bowing, saying random Korean words, starting almost every sentence with: "In Korea...", and just telling stories that no one understands but other fellow foreign teachers) I actually felt more uncomfortable in my own native land & wanted to go back to Korea immediately to feel safe and accepted. I grew while I was gone but people assume you are the same when you return but your not (in a good way) and there is some uneasiness there. But after a while, you will adapt and start feeling more comfortable with yourself and your surroundings. It just takes time (roughly 5/6 months, so take your time, be patient, be kind to yourself and don't worry) . Also, sign up with your local temp agency for work & be open to any opportunity that may come about (through friends and/or family) I wish I wasn't so picky or expected the job market to be the way it was when I was in my last corporate job (5 years ago). Again, I highly advice anyone who has the itch to travel, meet friends from all over the world and the patience to teach children and to accept different cultural norms. An experience that will last a lifetime! Also, if you budget yourself, you can save a nice "nest egg" or start paying off your student loan(s). Good luck!

Too

The orientation was superb...

You have been looking at videos on youtube that talk about how great Korea and English teaching is and how the ones not complaining about teaching are the ones who are having so much fun that they are too busy to make videos about it, etc... Well they make those videos because that's how to keep a job in Korea. Make a video that shows your boss that you RESPECT and LOVE KOREA!(translation I am lucky to be here and I'll kiss your feet)Thats all the K teachers care about from my experience.
You are a dog no matter what your skin color if you are not born raised and stuck in Korea.They just won't always be upfront with you about that.
As far as skin color, mine is Yellow/tan with black hair btw. Strangers never bothered us really, I never got screamed HELLO at on the streets but I'd say treated pretty badly by people that I wasn't in Shinsegei buying things from(school staff).
I'm just going to keep this simple and honest.
Most of the people that you talk to(who aren't too proud to be honest) will tell you that the Korean teachers for the most part are at best going to be passive aggressive with you and at worst scream at you until you feel that you are beneath them or they are your "masutah!" as one put it. I and my wife dealt with the extreme end of both.
We worked in Busanand I found that my only peace came from being alone or with the children because the principle, co principle, and the absolute worst co-teacher one could imagine tryed their best to come at me with every thing possible. They found this difficult as I did my job very well and the children liked me. That doesn't matter though when you have a co teacher who will write on the board while allowing the entire 6th grade class throw things(at her!) and talk like they are in a lunch room and walk out on a class of 4th graders while leaving a movie playing(I'd come back from the bathroom and getting some coffee when she was leading the class and the teacher was gone!) I took the initiative to stop the disorder(quiet as mice once they were not allowed to misbehave,it only took one moment of effort one day!) but the teacher leaving the room when I was not there, I couldn't stop. I did what I could and I'll admit that I had to break up at least two fist fights among the 6th graders while the co...."teacher" just acted like she didn't see them when they happened right in front of her desk. But even they learned to be tolerable. I had no problem with the kids but the teachers were from Hell.
That teacher still found reason to literally scream at me ,as in ear hurting I should take you to court and sue for damages,type of screaming. This happened once and I personally put her in her place, the co principle and principle did nothing. This shows that you will naturally be the one to take the heat of showing up your co-teacher if you manage to get one that isn't good(odds..are high).
This is just one small set of examples of my daily life not including having to have my wife disrespected and having to set even more people straight and then her going through the stress of keeping her workmates at bay on her own.(respectfullywhile being disrespected of course.) To sum it all up childish, needless, petty behavior.nI showed up to school once when no one was there because I wasn't important enough to tell about the school founding day holiday.When going out to some event the teacher and her buddy made it a point to walk eight feet in front of me while I only had a vague Idea where I was going. I stopped that quick because I just went home!
She got chewed out by the old Nancy Reagan wannabe looking principle for losing me! But anyway...as a final example of pettiness and passive aggressive attempt to make me "feel" bad(HA!) they had me(as a work requirement) train with the rest of the teachers for a big volley ball tournament between schools,even buying me a uniform, without telling me, though I kept my ear to the ground and knew, I couldn't play because I was a foreigner. Volleyball was invented in America,my country, but I didn't whine about it. I didn't need to waste my time though and they were expecting to get a rise out of me. This petty stuff was for kids though, it was the actual JOB treatment that went too far, though I suppose it all affects you on some level huh?
On living conditions,we were stuck in a big shoebox made for one person, the previous pair were stuck in a smaller hole, I'm being nice, we had to stay there one night, and it was sickening, but they were afraid that we would leave so they moved us, though we didn't complain. It was not an impressive upgrade and my wife was sick for half of the year.I could go on and on.
If it were not for the 3rd and 4th graders with a couple of the older kids, Haeyundae beach(best beach they have...it's passable.Best when it's dark I won't lie) to unwind along with that nice Buddhist temple to meditate in I don't think that I would have made it. I had a job before I went to Korea in which I had to do "adult career work" and that little educational position was the most stressful job that I had ever had thanks to the people I worked with. I had been teaching ESL as a volunteer about a year before this and enjoyed it and had one of those "O.K. honey, we are traveling!" moments. I went throughTeacha..(I don't think you are supposed to name names, oh well) but they don't do anything really substantial for you once you are signed over to the school. They didn't assist much when I called wanting to see if they could possible work us over to Japan. Turns out thet the Japanese actually interview you in person(they care abbout who they hire). But I got run around when I mentioned that I would foot the bill for a flight to Canada for interview. They got payed I suppose.I am glad that I didn't let the trouble at
Unsa...(oh yea, it's traditional not to names huh, so I won't, don't know why being honest is wrong though) elementary, stop my travels, but it almost did. I now speak Chinese fairly well!
I finished my contract as did my wife and neither one of us asked or inquired about re-signing.I hate to say, but we have been to korea on our own before and are very used to traveling and our Korean is passable. When you WORK it is a different story, we never want to go back.
I suggest you go to Japan,Taiwan, Mainland China, Thailand, anywhere else to work if you must TEACH ENGLISH. Honestly, its better to save your money and just move or move and volunteer if you can.
When you pay people will bend over backwards 97% of the time. When you work in a school in which the teacher doesn't even care about the kids but you try, it is just not a good combo.
If it weren't for being in EPIK I'm quite sure I wouldn't even have been paid. The hierachical slave system is just a bit different in Korea versus other places. I would give anything to have that year back and never want to even vist Korea again.
This was my experience, the short version.
This is from a responsible person who is used to holding down jobs for years. If I were your big brother I would whole heartedly advise you against this program.
If good things happen then that's great, but NOBODY will be on your side if things happen and in life they usually do.
You can do better, in terms of money,traveling and having fun, and even learning Korean than going to Korea to teach English!

No, I don't recommend this program
Viaxeiro

Teaching on Jeju

Your experience teaching in Korea is heavily dependent on your expectations. It may not be an overwhelming cultural or spiritual experience that changes your life forever, but, it will be fun. Korea offers travel, change, new sights, new people, and an excellent opportunity to save money.

EPIK is a large program and almost no teacher I have talked to has had the same experience in the workplace. So much is dependent on individual schools and co-workers that it is hard to anticipate what your situation will be. Your greatest assets are flexibility and patience. I have taught in large schools and small schools, with coteachers and without coteachers. Each situation has its own challenges and its own rewards. The EPIK program will basically plant you in any type of work atmosphere and then expect you to thrive.

I find the work to be very easy. Teaching rarely surpasses 22 hours a week and the 'planning' time is so excessive I often have trouble finding productive things to do with my time in the office. This is nice some days but the lack of challenge can eventually get a bit tiresome.

In my opinion, the two most prominent benefits of teaching for the EPIK are the opportunity for travel and the capacity for saving money.

The EPIK program is much more liberal with their vacation days than almost all private teaching positions in Korea. With Korea as a starting point travel around Eastern and South Eastern Asia is easy business.

As for the second benefit, that of money. Within six months of arriving in Korea I had paid off my student loans and at the end of two years here I should have around 20,000 US dollars set aside for graduate school. There are almost no personal expenses when you work with the EPIK program. I spend less than 100 a month on utilities and food and entertainment are my only other expenses. I spend more money here than I ever have in my life and still manage to put aside about 1000 USD a month. Your travel should not be all about the money but in this case it is a very beneficial factor.

My main complaint about Korea is the lack of interaction with Koreans. Culturally Koreans are a sort of shy people. I have found it hard to become close friends with any Korean. I do have Korean friends but it is always a bit of a reserved relationship. You will be invited to do things with Korean groups but I have never felt like an insider. Even now that I speak enough Korean to hold conversations with the locals I still find it hard to feel truly welcome in Korean social settings.

And that is my review of EPIK. I would recommend it. It has been wonderful for me and for many others.

MasterOfReality

Jeju or bust!

Korea is great place for traveling, meeting people and saving money. On Jeju the summer time is amazing for camping, hiking, beach volleyball and of course beaches. The winters are mild and there is always a group of foreigners up to something, whether it be yoga, taekwondo, or a Jeju Furey event. It also never ceases to amaze me how talented some of the people are here when it comes to art and music. As for EPIK, things are changing. They were talking about expecting a years experience to start, couples may not be placed together in the same city or area and you can't choose where you live. Whether these are in full effect, make sure to ask your recruiter.

Your schools are a crap shoot really. I've worked at amazing schools with amazing students and I've had the worst. Sometimes you have great co-teachers and sometimes you have ones that are hard to work with or none at all. My advice is try not to take it too seriously and go with the flow.

There is no career advancement with EPIK. All you'll ever be is a "foreign" teacher which is regarded as the bottom of the totem pole. If you are an experienced teacher, this can get very frustrating. Get used to being the last to know what is going on with your classes and always expect last minute changes. EPIK on Jeju is not very well organized.
uga_waygook

A Wonderful Experience

Teaching in Korea has been a very rewarding experience. My students are terrific, even if it is hard to get them to pay attention some days. The kids generally are not in your class willingly to learn English and the textbook materials are HORRIBLE. There are times when I feel like a marionette because the schools sometimes decide they want to overly control me and what I teach, even if I go by the book. It is kind of like I am a bragging right for the school: "Look! We have a native English teacher!" The support you receive is awesome and the orientation they hold before you start is pretty well done. There are opportunities to do things like temple stays and festivals, so you won't be bored easily. The transportation system within Korea is amazing. The downside is that there is a LOT of desk warming. You are contracted to teach 22 hours and work 40 hours a week, so you potentially have at least 18 hours of sitting at your desk not doing much. The pay and benefits are great. My schools are fantastic and I have a good support base. Other English teachers in my city, and from what I can tell other cities do this too, have a network online to help each other and get together to do things. If you are vegetarian or vegan, it will be hard to satisfy your diet, but it is not impossible. Food is very expensive here. Every month the city has a meeting of EPIK teachers to discuss problems and train you some more. I am glad I decided to teach through EPIK, mainly because I know if I have a problem there is a network in place to help me and that it is not easy for schools to take advantage of my contract, as in decide to work me past my contracted hours without paying me and that sort of thing.

The orientation was well done if you were teaching elementary school. There are hardly any resources readily available for middle school and high school students and they did not train you for what to do as a young foreign person in the work place. Korean society has a hierarchy based on age and gender. As a young, white woman (I am the youngest teacher at my schools), I am the lowest ranked person on the totem pole but it can be extremely hard to get anything done with this hierarchy in place without the training to know how to do it.
d_2h

Go for it

I've just started my second contract and I'm really enjoying my time in Busan. The social scene is great and the summer on the beaches is fantastic. The job itself varies from school to school. I've been lucky in that I've got good co teachers but the kids are quite disrespectful. Some classes are a nightmare even with a co-teacher.

Overall i'd advise new teachers to apply, I imagine it can get quite boring if you're experienced and want a real challenge.

I don't like the fact that we're often the only teachers desk warming. I think that when other teachers are allowed to leave the school that we should be also. I think the contract should be updated to include spring break into our vacation. I sat on my own in the school in february last year for three weeks. It was freezing cold and we weren't provided with lunch. Half of my friends were given that time off while myself and the other half were forced to sit and wait until 4.30 before going home.

About EPIK (English Program in Korea)

EPIK, English Program in Korea, affiliated with the Korean Ministry of Education was established in 1995 with the missions of improving the English speaking abilities of students and teachers in Korea, to develop cultural exchange, and to reform...