• South Korea
Classroom Audience
Early Childhood Middle School High School

Program Details

Qualifications
  • Citizen of the U.S., Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, or South Africa
  • 60 years of age or younger
  • NO criminal record including underage drinking charges, DUIs, misdemeanors, etc.
  • See our website for additional eligibility requirements
Classroom Audience
Early Childhood Middle School High School
Weekly Classroom Hours
Age Max

Pricing

What’s Included:
- 3 weeks of intensive TESOL/TEFL training in Incheon (if chosen) which includes 120 hours of classwork and 16 hours of student teaching
- 1-week cultural orientation upon arrival
- 1 month accommodation during the course (shared housing)
- 3 months international medical and accident insurance
- Airport pickup and transfer
- Job, visa and housing assistance

Note: Pricing varies based on type of placement (Placement only or +TESOL certification course)
What's Included
Some Accommodation Airport Transfers Travel Insurance
What's Included (Extra)

*Teachers will receive a flight reimbursement from their school

Oct 04, 2022
Sep 02, 2022
60 travelers are looking at this program

High salaries, free housing, free flights, an extensive group orientation, paid vacation and bonuses are just a few of the many perks of teaching English in South Korea.

Get to know the amazing culture of South Korea while becoming TESOL certified in Incheon. After graduation, we’ll assist you with finding a hagwon (private school) job so you can stay in South Korea and teach English.

Deadline to apply: 4 months before you'd like to leave

Start Date Availability
January 23, 2023 Open
March 27, 2023 Open
July 24, 2023 Open
August 28, 2023 Open
October 23, 2023 Open

Program Highlights

• We'll make sure you don't waste time and money preparing and submitting incorrect documents
  • Save money or pay off student loans
  • Receive in-depth pre-departure support includes cultural and logistical training to prepare you for life in South Korea
  • Be connected to a community of Greenheart Travel alumni teachers before, during and after your teaching contract

• 5 rating 83.78%
  • Benefits 4.8
  • Facilities 4.7
Carolina

Wonderful Start to a Wonderful Experience

Greenheart travel partners with a team in Asia to take care of certifying teachers, applying for jobs, getting you completely ready to live and teach in SK. I was very lucky; I didn't have any issues with the training or finding a placement.
Overall, I am happy that I choose GHT. There were some restrictions in place in SK due to covid regulations, but even so I didn't feel abandoned when I arrived. I would recommend them to anyone who was interested in traveling abroad.
Coming to Korea has been such an exciting adventure. If you want to have unforgettable experiences, you should apply to come here.

Pros
  • Great food
  • A+ Nightlife
  • 1st world comforts
Cons
  • Long workdays
  • Not a lot of time off
1 person found this review helpful.
Jessica
No, I don't recommend this program

PLS DO NOT USE GREENHEART TRAVEL

I used this agency to find a place to teach English in Korea and please do not use this agency. Please use XploreAsia directly instead. They ripped me off and they didn't do anything other than connect me with different agencies as such Hands Korea and XploreAsia.

It's a total scam because to even have a meeting with their person to learn more information, you have to pay 300 dollars deposit. They should have more information on their website about what to expect. After the initial meeting, you have to pay another 300 dollars to continue with your process. They are not clear about the whole money thing in the process. They just send emails saying I have ____ amount to pay due certain date. Finally, I paid 2,270 dollars to fully commit to the program.

2,870 dollars is too much to have one meeting and get connected with two agencies. I wonder how much I would've paid if I were used other agencies. For sure, I know I paid too much money to get a job that's paying around 20k dollars in a year.

I wish they were more upfront and clear with their payment in the beginning. I have no clue why there are no bad reviews on them.

Anyway, I'm glad I got to expose this company’s scheme.

Cons
  • Too expensive
  • Feels like ripped off
Response from Greenheart

Thank you Jessica for sharing your feedback. It is unfortunate you found our process confusing. It is always our intent to be transparent and as easy to understand as possible. We will revisit our website’s step-by-step outline to make sure it is clear. Greenheart Travel works with partners all over the world to design the best Teach Abroad programs—and to make sure Greenheart teachers get the best school placements and the highest paying contracts. While some people prefer to apply directly with international schools, that does not come with the support and guidance that Greenheart Travel and our partners offer.

We are sorry that you were unhappy with the payment timeline. The timing for payments and visa applications is laid out with our teachers at the very beginning of our process and we follow it carefully to ensure we are setting up a positive exchange experience for you. Greenheart Travel works collaboratively with our partners to handle different parts of the application and placement process in the USA and in the destination country. All teachers must have their program fees paid before they receive their school placements and we cannot make exceptions to those timelines.

We do appreciate your feedback and we’ll be reviewing our website to make sure our process and payment timing is clear. Everyone has a choice to apply directly with international schools or to apply through Greenheart Travel. We are glad that you chose to arrange your teaching position through Greenheart Travel! We are here to support you on your upcoming journey so that you feel comfortable and safe, and so that you get the most out of your cultural exchange experience. Thank you and safe travels!

Alejandra

South Korea Program

Amazing program for students who are interested in teaching abroad. You will receive all the support and guidance you need throughout the whole program, which is definitely helpful for individuals who are going abroad for their first time. Ana is very helpful and supportive throughout the whole process. She made the whole process go by smoothly and easy. Any questions or concerns I had she was always there to assist me. Thank you for all your support and guidance. I am beyond excited to be in South Korea teaching English. It’s a dream that I’ve always had and I’m so happy to be pursuing it. Again, thank you Greenheart travel and Ana for all your help!

Lauren

Teach in South Korea

I have been very lucky in my placement here. I live in a smaller city that provides me with the best of city and rural life. I only teach at one school and have wonderful co-teachers and lack nothing that I require to do my job. My home is within walking distance of my school and is very comfortable. I have loved every minute of my time here! For those thinking about this program I have a few pieces of advice... First, this is a teaching program, I am a certified teacher in the US so my transition has been fairly easy. I do know some however that have zero teaching experience or relevent course work that a struggling in their positions. Please keep in mind that this is a full time job, not just an extended vacation...Second, everyones experience is different. There will be bad co-teachers and apartments and you may live somewhere you werent expecting. You must be flexible and able to roll with the tide so to speak. Take advantage of this opportunity to experience a new culture. Eat the food! Speak the language! Meet the people...this is how you will get the most out of your experience here.

I would require that participants have some background/experience in education. This will make the experience less stressful to the participants and give the students better quality English instruction
Linda

Great Experience

I have taught in a few countries now and the program in South Korea was the best for overall teaching experience. I was fortunate to have great co-teachers who really took care of me, the pay is great and I got valuable teaching experience. The EPIK program was the second time I used Greenheart Travel to help me. The entire staff at Greenheart is amazing. They have a lot of materials with information to help you prepare before you leave (like important cultural tips and packing lists) as well as information for your time in-country. They also encourage communication among candidates prior to your start date so you can ask questions, share information and get to know each other before you arrive. It doesn't cost anything.....why wouldn't you use Greenheart??

Don't stress out too much (I know, easier said than done). Keep an open mind and have fun!!
Rebecca

Greenheart Travel: EPIK Program

I gave my overall experience a 9 because I don't have another program to compare it to, but overall it's been a really positive experience.

I went through EPIK (English Program in Korea) and it was definitely a time consuming application process. But with the help of my adviser, Kara, she helped alleviate the stress and guided me every step of the way. EPIK's application process is very long and specific. Your application will be delayed if something isn't filled out correctly, so accuracy is important. That's why I wanted to go through a recruiter. But what really stressed me out was gathering up the necessary documents needed for the application (passport photos, FBI background check, notarized/apostille diploma etc...). I couldn't imagine doing this by myself. There were so many questions I had. I emailed Kara back and forth about how to go about some things and she definitely clarified things for me--she made the process as easy as possible. What I really appreciated were the live seminars she held. These seminars went over how to fill out the application, how to gather your personal documents and anything else you wanted to go over. Also, if you couldn't make it, they were recorded so you'd be emailed the seminar. I thought this was great because I could go back whenever I needed to.

Fast forwarding to my acceptance:
Once I was accepted into the program Kara updated me as much as possible. She held another seminar before leaving the country which again, was helpful. Overall, I'm happy I went through Greenheart Travel. They definitely ensure that you are taken care of throughout the entire process!

*Note: There is a fee to go through this recruiter, but if you get TEFL certified through International TEFL Academy your fee will be waived (as of 2018).

One thing I suggest is to have a quick check-in in regards the tax form 8802 to ensure US residents have their 6166 form before they leave the country. It'll be a hassle to do overseas because of international shipping (Korea--> USA is around $25 to mail out the 8802 form if not done before leaving the US)
Tiffany

Great support from Greenheart Travel

I used Greenheart Travel to go to South Korea through the EPIK program. Kara was so helpful and was available to help me every step of the way! She answered/returned every call and email very promptly. She also updated me as often as she could with any new information she had about my particular application. The information Greenheart provided about what my life may be like in South Korea was also very helpful and the webinars were full of information. I would highly recommend this program!

A few other recruiters offered their participants free 30 day sim cards. I thought this might be a good perk.
Brittany

Great experience, provided the support I needed to get started!

At the beginning of last summer, I made the decision to change my life around a bit and decided that I wanted to move to South Korea to teach English. I have a degree in Theatre and while I love the field, I wanted to be able to do something that would combine my love of teaching with my love of travelling and cultures. I did some research online and found many different programs that would help me get to South Korea. I got in touch with a few of them, but it wasn't until I came upon Greenheart and Kara that I found the program I was the most comfortable with. Most people decide that they want to go abroad and give themselves plenty of time, but I was determined to be hired by EPIK and leave the US for the Spring 2018 intake in February. This meant that everything needed to happen very quickly for my goals to be met.

I was able to schedule my first interview with Greenheart the next day. I was working at a summer camp and was not off of work yet, so I was anxious because I was in summer clothing chilling in the storage cupboard at work during my interview. Kara was so wonderful and easy to talk to however, and I felt very comfortable from the very beginning. Kara helped me decide which route would be the easiest for me to take and talked to me about getting my TEFL from the International TEFL Academy. I was signed up for the August in-person TEFL class in Chicago by the very next week!

When it came time for the EPIK application process it was very comforting to know that I had Kara to look over my application and help me make it as strong as possible. I have never done anything like this before and that support was very appreciated. She looked over my application and letters of recommendation and walked me through each step of the process. After our third chat, I felt much more comfortable with the application process and knew exactly what I needed to complete to have a winning application.

EPIK is a wonderful program, but applying to EPIK was the most stressful 6 months of my life. I was constantly wondering whether I would get an interview, would I would be prepared when I did get an interview, had I passed my interview, did my documents arrive in Korea safely, WHERE will I be placed, when can I buy my airplane ticket, and when exactly will I need to be in Korea. The materials that Greenheart provides really helped calm me down during these months of waiting (and to be honest I read some of the packets WAY to many times). It was also comforting to know that I could turn to Kara with any concerns and she would respond in a timely manner. Now that I am in Korea, she still keeps in touch and follows my adventures on Facebook, and I can feel that she is genuinely interested in what happens to the people that she helps place abroad.

Overall, my experience with Greenheart was wonderful. Kara dealt with all of my panicked e-mails and helped me every step of the way. I would work with them again in a heartbeat. They truly made the stress of changing your entire life and moving halfway around the world much more bearable!

Thank you, Kara and Greenheart for everything.