Private School Teaching Jobs Throughout Seoul and the Seoul Metropolitan Region

Private School Teaching Jobs Throughout Seoul and the Seoul Metropolitan Region

Come teach English in one of the world's greatest cities ~ Seoul. Gone2Korea works with lots of established English schools in Seoul and throughout the greater Seoul Metropolitan area.

Positions in Seoul are available year round, however, the majority of job vacancies become available at the start of each semester - late February and late August. In most cases it's best to apply 3-5 months prior to your preferred starting date because many schools try to fill their upcoming job vacancies well in advance.

Once you're ready to begin our friendly team of placement coordinators, all former teachers, are here to guide you through the job and visa application process. To get things started please visit our website and submit an online application, or get in touch for additional information. We look forward to hearing from you!

• Free airfare
  • Furnished accommodations provided
  • Our coordinators are with you every step of the way
Asia » South Korea » Seoul
Recruiter
1 Year+
Salary / Benefits
Monthly Salary: 2.0-2.5 million Korean Won ($1800-2300 USD)
Accommodations: Furnished apartment provided (rent free)
Airfare: Round-trip or one-way airfare provided
Severance: Equal to 1 month salary
Visa Sponsorship: Provided
Medical Insurance: Provided

Visit our website for more details!
Qualifications

Photo
Taryn
Seoul

Loved it!

I've never used a recruiting service before so I was somewhat skeptical at first, partly because I had no idea what to expect but mostly because I read a number of distressing stories about recruiters on reddit. That being said, my experience with Gone2Korea was nothing short of excellent. They placed me at a fantastic school and made the visa application process really easy, something I was initially worried about.

My point of contact at Gone2Korea was Hosoon, she was totally amazing and I can't recommend her enough. She always responded to my messages within a few hours and called regularly to check-in. Looking back, she really did it all! She presented me with different job offers, prepped me for the interviews, guided me through the visa steps, arranged my airfare and lots more. I was impressed!

The school I'm working at is called SLP and it's located in the Mapo district. It's exactly what I wanted, a job in central Seoul! The school is quite modern and I work with a bunch of other foreign teachers who are all amazing. We also live in the same apartment building which is super fun.

If you're thinking about coming to Korea then I recommend going through Gone2Korea. I'll definitely be referring my friends to them in the future. Thanx!

Connor
Suwon
York University

No complaints

The Gone2Korea coordinator that helped me out asked me to write a review and I'm happy to oblige! Gone2Korea helped me land a great job in Suwon, which is a big city on the outskirts of Seoul, and things are going incredibly well. I've only been teaching here for a short period, since September, but I'm already thinking about staying for a few years. My schools pretty big, so I hear, with 11 westerners and over 20 Korean teachers, and everyone is super nice. Our director is pretty cool as well, he takes us out for dinner and drinks at least once a month. We basically take over an entire restaurant when we go, it's hilarious! I can't say enough about the kids, they're so eager to speak in English and I have a blast teaching them. I teach kindergarten kids in the morning and elementary kids in the afternoons. The kindergartner's are fun to work with but I prefer my afternoon classes with the older students a little more because it's easier to communicate with them. My apartment seems pretty standard from what I've been told by other teachers, it's tiny but comfortable. Anyways, Gone2Korea definitely hooked me up with a great job, at a great school, in a great location. I highly recommend giving them a shot, you won't be disappointed.

Kaelen
Seoul, Korea
Rice University

Excellent Recruiter

I used Gone2Korea to find a my second teaching job in Korea. I used a recruiter for my previous job as well but I wasn't impressed with their service so I decided to give some other agencies a try this time. After getting in touch with a few recruiters I decided to stick with Gone2Korea because they seemed more professional and went out of their way to help me.

To offer some context, my situation was complicated. I was still under contract with my previous school in Incheon when I started looking for new positions in Seoul. I was planning on going home for a month to visit my family, before returning to Korea, and I wanted to avoid having to resubmit new documents to Korean Immigration. I knew it was possible (as long as I was doing it from within Korea) but I had no idea how to do it or what was involved. The first agency I contacted told me that my situation was 'tricky' and advised me to visit the Korean Immigration Office for proper instructions. Really? Isn't that the point of using a recruiter? Shortly after I spoke with someone at Gone2Korea who actually took the time to explain things, they even got in touch with Immigration on my behalf!

Gone2Korea absolutely made things easier for me and I'm glad I found them. They presented me with multiple jobs to consider and they made everything really clear along the way. I'm very happy at my new school in Gwanak-gu, the children are adorable!

Casandra
South Korea
Binghamton University

Happy with my decision

Gone2Korea helped me land a wonderful teaching job with a school in Seodaemun, Seoul. I applied to a number of different agencies but Gone2Korea was the most responsive and the information they offered seemed more in-depth. My coordinator, Lina, was excellent and I can't fault her on anything. She was incredibly friendly and constantly checked in to make sure things were moving along from my end.

I got a little discouraged after the first school I interviewed with declined my application but Lina assured me it was normal because schools in Seoul are typically interviewing numerous candidates. I was more prepared for the second interview and received an offer shortly afterwards. Everything seemed perfect including the age groups, salary and location so I decided to accept. From this point on Lina literally held my hand, metaphorically speaking, until I arrived in Seoul. We were in contact with each other 3-4 times a week for 3 months straight, she definitely made things easy for me.

I highly recommend using Gone2Korea to anyone who's thinking about teaching in Seoul, you won't be disappointed. I will definitely be recommending them to my friends in the coming months.

Less stop overs on the flight to Korea. Not a big deal but one stop over instead of two would have been nice :) Other than that no complaints!

Gone2Korea Recruiting was created in 2002 between a small group of friends who were teaching English in the city of Gumi. We’ve grown a lot since then! Today Gone2Korea is one of the leading agencies for adventurous grads who are interested in teaching English in