ITTT TEFL Course in Barcelona, Spain

ITTT TEFL Course in Barcelona, Spain

ITTT’s Barcelona TEFL course provides excellent teacher training from our qualified and dedicated trainers. Taking your TEFL course with ITTT in Barcelona ensures that you will not only leave with a high quality, well respected teaching qualification but memories and friends that will last a lifetime. The course covers teaching methodology, grammar, classroom management, lesson planning and more. It has a strong emphasis on practical teaching experience with a number of classroom based teaching practice sessions. On graduation trainees will receive an internationally recognized teaching certificate and lifetime job placement guidance.

Beyond the classroom, Barcelona offers trainees a wide array of activities to help you wind down after a busy day in the classroom. Whether you are into the beach, nightlife, good wine and even better food, art, music or sports, there is something for everyone in this vibrant Spanish city.

Prefer an online TEFL option? Enroll in ITTT's online course today!

Europe » Spain » Barcelona

• Facilities

Marta
Menorca

Just do it!

A friend of mine recommended TEFL Barcelona to me, and I feel it was a very good choice. I really enjoyed learning there, the teachers are helpful, friendly and professional. You get practical and useful knowledge that makes you feel confident and well prepared.

Nik_87
Moreno Valley, CA
University of Nevada

An Experience to Remember

I attended the June TEFL Certification program in Barcelona, Spain and it was an overall amazing experience. I was very lucky and met some wonderful people. My roommate and I still talk via Facebook today! I came to the program will an extensive background in business but I had no formal teaching experience, so in the beginning I was quite terrified. However, as I started to realize that a lot of my presentations in business and my Spanish classes started to assist me in conducting my lessons, I began to be more comfortable. After the first lesson, I pretty much got the hang of planning my lessons and the flow of the "ESA" methodology.

Barcelona is a beautiful city. I was able to practice my Spanish while I was there as well, however, keep in mind they speak Catalan as well!

I think a very important issue you should consider is if you are planning on staying in the city you take the TEFL course at to work. You need to know if you are going to work in that area, so you can start preparing your CV and other materials after you meet with the career counselor. I knew I was staying for a little while, so I made sure to meet with the career adviser and jump on any opportunities to post my CV and reach out to inquire about potential job opportunities in the area.

I wish I had known what I know now because I feel like I can go back and exploit many more potential opportunities to teach in the Barcelona area. The good thing is I found that there are a lot of people looking to learn English in Spain, especially Barcelona and Madrid.

The one thing I remember is I wished that we met with the Career adviser earlier on, around the first days of class, because I barely had enough time to go on the interviews at the end of the month for the jobs I found because there were so many projects due at that time as well. I think it makes more sense to allow the people who are staying to work to prepare earlier on, so they are not rushing to try to find somewhere to live and work, while completing all assignments.

Nonetheless, I found the experience to be very interesting and I learned a lot of useful skills from teaching that I have taken with me and will use in my future career obligations. I am much more confident speaking in front of other people and I hope to return to Spain again and teach at an academy!

I think, as I said above, that the opportunity for students to prepare their CVs and start posting them on the websites, as well as sending out their resumes to Directors should begin earlier in the month rather than later. This allows for the students planning on staying to work, to find a place to live, prepare their career materials and not interfere with the projects due for the class. Also, I thought that some more detailed attention should be given to lesson planning at the beginning, while we spend a great deal on the different ideas for games, visual aids and content, as I came to the program without a formal teaching background, I would have liked to have a little more guidance on putting together my lesson plan.

Lisa
Miami
University of Florida

Great experience

Overall it is a great program, but unless you plan on staying in BCN and looking for a job or going elsewhere it can be a very expensive vacation. Be sure teaching is what you want to do. If it is this is the place to get your certification.

I think some of the teaching methods are a bit outdated and the material seems out of touch with students needs

K.
Cuenca, Ecuador
Albright College

Pricey, but Pleasant

The TEFL Barcelona course is an excellent choice for anyone seeking a one-of-a-kind experience in a gorgeous Mediterranean city. When consulting the price, take into account that Barcelona is a rather bucks-up locale, but the living conditions were very nice. I would've liked if the price included meals however, since the cost of accommodations was pricy.

As for the course itself, the directors and teachers were all extremely helpful. They provided excellent feedback, and by the end of the course I felt prepared to tackle a TEFL job. There is also a jobs coordinator at the school who helps all students with landing a job or investigating a location they would like to teach at. The course has students complete certain TEFL requirements, so the course is legitimate.

I've been hired in South America, but I know fellow classmates of mine who are teaching in Spain, Turkey, and elsewhere.

The downside is the price. It was a stretch and I didn't have any money to fully enjoy Barcelona, but I got TEFL-certified, which was pretty nice.

Chloe
Cardiff
Swansea University

I want to do it all over again!

You can't fault the course, course material or any of the trainers as they were fantastic and contributed to one of the best experiences I have ever had. Barcelona is a they say, an incredible place, and without a doubt one of the best places to embark on a course like this. The trainers provided fantastic support throughout the course and helped in any way they could to make time spent in Barcelona an enjoyable and safe experience! Of I could go back and do it again, I would without a shadow of a doubt!

I would have liked the course to be a week longer, to allow more time to study and avoid rushing any of the projects.

@real_ceej
Madrid, Spain
Santa Clara University

Awesome Experience

I took the course in July 2013 and enjoyed the experience from start to finish. The staff is great and extremely helpful. Currently teaching in Madrid, and it was with their advice I was able to find a job. The staff is really great with all levels of English, whether or not you know much about the English Grammatical structure, you will know it by the end of the course. If you have any desire to teach in a different country getting a "TEFL cert." is the way to do it. It is good world wide and never expires and this is a great program to be associated with. I have nothing but positive memories of my time with TEFL international Barcelona, and if any of you read this and decide to take the course I have no doubt that you will too.

I would of liked to have been warned about the Month of August. If you are looking to stick around after taking the course in July I have a disclaimer for you, NO SCHOOLS HIRE IN AUGUST! I was lucky to find a tour guide company that needed someone in August but this was not a teaching job.

Kim
Norristown, PA

could've been cheaper...

...or they could have at least given us a book or something tangible for all that money. The "library" there is composed of quite old books and a crappy photocopier. It just would have been nice to maybe have a choice of textbook you would leave the course with. More importantly, make sure you're ready to really leave home. There's work to be had, but I just got too homesick. Obviously that's not a criticism of this school, but important to note. Barcelona is a fantastic city, I'm a huge FCB fan so not much more has to be explained about that :) I'm glad I did it though and do feel as though they prepared me as well as anyone could have in the space of a month...

Receiving a book of some sort included in the course fee. Maybe even some supplies of other sorts, flashcards, etc...

Since 1993, ITTT has provided industry-leading TEFL Teacher Training to over 150,000 trainees who are now working in over 40 countries around the world. With a large array of TEFL course options, including online, in-class and combined, ITTT TEFL aims to support and educate future