Teach English in Spain with LanguageCorps

Teach English in Spain with LanguageCorps

With LanguageCorps, you will have the opportunity to teach English in Spain, in either Barcelona or Seville. Both programs include a four week TESOL certification program and job placement assistance. Seville participants will also receive the Univerity of Cambridge CELTA (Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults) certificate. The Seville program is designed for those without teaching experience, but is also suitable for those with some experience but no formal TESOL training. The Barcelona program is more suited for both those with or without teaching experience.

Most participants easily find positions teaching in Barcelona, Seville, Madrid, or other small Spanish cities. During your training, you will be given the names of schools to contact, as well as resume and interview preparation.

Europe » Spain » Seville
Europe » Spain » Barcelona
Europe » Spain
Salary / Benefits
About 900-1300 Euros per month

Although I did get a 6 month student Visa, there were many options and logistics behind other things so I'm not sure I'd be the best option.
I took the LanguageCorps TEFL course in Barcelona September 2014 and then continued to live and work in BCN until January 2015. I would recommend Barcelona over Madrid (personally). Madrid feels like any other city—Barcelona on the other hand is all its own; beach, mountains, city, local, tourist, culture everywhere!!! Just a truly unique and beautiful city—EXTREMELY easy to get around in (EXTREME...

• Benefits
  • Facilities

Mallory
Raleigh, NC
University of North Carolina- Chapel Hill

A great transition abroad

Taking this course was a great way to transition to spending an extensive period abroad. From the friends made to a great resource of people of any and all questions that arise abroad. It quickly became family!

LanguageCorps was such a great resource from the beginning in helping ease the transition abroad. A credible certificate. Great and passionate teachers. And such a great way to make friends abroad!

If you're looking for a way to work and travel, starting with and getting certified through LangaugeCorps is the best way to go. They make sure you're well prepared for the next steps.

More help as far as identifying students needs and how to cater lessons towards them would be helpful.

Kate
Prathai, Thailand
Augustana College

Training in Spain to teaching in Thailand

I joined Language Corps with the desire to teach English in Spain. Language Corps did an absolutely amazing job with setting me up with the best TEFL training course. I could not be happier about all the support Language Corps provided with the training course and anything related to that. My training course was intense, the staff in Spain and America were always so supportive and willing to do anything to help, and it was incredibly enjoyable. I met so many people during this training course.

As for things that I wish I would have known before moving abroad. Language Corps briefly touched on this topic but they did not talk in depth about it. If you do not go over to Spain (or most of Europe) with a visa from the states it is more difficult than made known to find legal work. You can find work illegally but then you deal with all of the problems that can come along with working and living illegally in a foreign country. I now understand much more about all of this and if you want to email me, please feel free to do so. Part of this was my fault, but I do wish Language Corps had made this issue a little more known to me. All in all, it worked out but there were a handful of people in my course who were dealing with this similar issue.

There was not much job assistance once I got over to Spain. I am a very independent person so this did not affect me whatsoever, but if you are not incredibly independent be aware that most of your applying for jobs and getting job interviews will be done by yourself.

Once I decided on a job and packed my bags to move to Thailand, for various reasons, I one day randomly received an email from the staff at Language Corps and they were checking in with me. They were so interested to see where this adventure had taken me and what I was up to now with teaching. I really appreciated that they reached out to see where I was after my TEFL course; that was so sweet. Overall, I would recommend the program. They provided me with guidance in starting this whole process. The start is the hardest part and that is the part Language Corps provides the most assistance. I love being abroad and Language Corps started me off on the right foot!

If I were to change one thing about Language Corps it would be making the legal versus illegal working situation more known to all people. I would hope this would be explained more in depth so that individuals who sign up to teach are aware how this all works.

Travelgal4
Valladolid, Spain
LeTourneau University

I´m an English teacher thanks to Language Corps!

My experience through language corps was absolutely fantastic! I did the TEFL/ TESOL course in Barcelona. The staff is really great and supportive to help you through the whole course as well as after when looking for jobs. I remember my first class I was so nervous that I almost started to cry, but thanks to this course I learned how to be a confident, organized and prepared teacher. I am currently teaching at a high school near Segovia, Spain and have taken so much from what I learned at Language Corps to use in my classroom. Thanks for everything!

KaraDionne
Barcelona, Spain
University of Virginia

Experience of a Lifetime

I will never forget my first month in Barcelona last September. It was exciting, overwhelming, and full of adjustments. Getting certified to teach, adjusting to a new country, and exploring my new home was a lot to take on in just a month. That month was well worth it. I became comfortable teaching English through hands on experience and was supported by a great staff. I also met my new lifelong friends and landed my first teaching job. After that month I knew I was where I was meant to be.

Seven months later I am still in Barcelona with many of my friends from my TEFL course. These past months have been filled with so many experiences, obstacles, and memories that I will never forget. Teaching English abroad is definitely not easy at times. There will be obstacles that you will encounter but don't let them stop you.

I have two months left in this remarkable city and I am enjoying every second of it. This city is full of amazing people and opportunities and I am so lucky to be here. Living in Barcelona has truly been the experience of a lifetime.

Isabelle
Barcelona, Spain
Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine

Great Location, and Great Opportunities

LanguageCorps directed me to a great TEFL program in Barcelona. I was really impressed with the standards and quality of the course, and felt really prepared to start teaching English. I was in a really big group (40 of us) so we got less individual attention than normal, but they still were able to help us get on track. Barcelona is a great city to teach English in...Madrid probably has more opportunities, but I think Barcelona overall is a much nicer city...can't beat the beach right there!!

huo3
Baltimore, Maryland

Teaching in Sevilla, Spain

I worked with LanguageCorps to obtain a CELTA certification this past fall (2011). The whole experience was wonderful. LC helped me every step of the way, from the initial application to securing a place to live during the program, and even offered to help arranging plane tickets and visa applications. They were very communicative and open to questions, and that took away a lot of the nervousness for me. I had a great time in Sevilla and I would highly recommend LanguageCorps for anyone who is thinking of teaching abroad.

LanguageCorps is a premier provider of TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) certification programs. Our programs around the world empower our Teachers to thrive as professionals abroad, living in fascinating locations while gaining valuable experience teaching English.

Programs are available in 22 locations