TEFL Heaven : Paid teaching job in Madrid, Spain

TEFL Heaven : Paid teaching job in Madrid, Spain

TEFL Heaven offers an experience of a lifetime to teach English in one of the most amazing capital cities in Europe. MADRID in Spain has to be one of the most fascinating cities and with its friendly people its a great place to live and work. Join our 4 weeks face to face training which grants you a full TEFL Qualification and learn with other like minded people in the heart of Madrid.

Once you have gained your TEFL certificate, TEFL Heaven guarantee you a job in Madrid and you can also teach anywhere in the world!

Message TEFL Heaven for more information on this program

Europe » Spain » Madrid
Europe » Spain
Teaching Practicum
Training Type
Classroom
Job Placement

Fees can be found on our website here https://www.teflheaven.com
Hi Mike, Depending on where you work of course (private tutoring, academies, businesses etc), you will expect to receive an average monthly salary of between €1,000-1,500 as a TEFL teacher in Madrid. You can also expect to find some private academies & schools who offer higher salaries. This salary range relates to around 20-30 hours of teaching a week. Living costs in Madrid can vary but be very...

• Instruction
  • Difficulty
  • Job Assistance

Benjamin

Don´t let fear hold you back; take the plunge!

I know that before I moved abroad, a huge factor holding me back was fear of the unknown. Looking back now, I am kicking myself because after moving to Madrid, going through the TEFL course, meeting all these amazing people and making tons of new friends, I´m left asking myself, ¨Why did I not do this sooner??¨ I can honestly tell anyone who is unsure, hesitant or scared (if you´re reading this) about moving to another country, you will be pleasantly shocked at what you discover about yourself, if you just do it.

Now, don´t get me wrong, I attribute a lot of my success here to the fantastic program that TEFL Heaven provides. Without my completion of this course, the wonderful staff and supportive people in the program, I would not have succeeded the way I did. The staff, from day one is here to support you, answer any questions and thoroughly prepare you for teaching English in Madrid. The course is intensive, but it´s exactly what you would want and what you would need to be confident and prepared to teach English. Whether you have experience or absolutely none, this program will have you 100% ready.

The program is very intensive in the first month you arrive which does not leave much time for learning Spanish.

Eliza Rose
Madrid
University of Sheffield

Amazing experience!

Moving to a new country can be scary, particularly if you're going at it alone. I felt the same way. Now I know that being scared or nervous was completely unnecessary because coming to Madrid to complete my TEFL has been the best decision I could have possibly made!
From the moment you register your interest on the TEFL Heaven website, when the thought of moving abroad is simply a tiny seed in your mind, the team are there to help you, answer any question you may have and make the whole concept a lot more simple and less intimidating.
After sending my CV, I very quickly received an invitation to have a Skype interview; a chat with a member of the team where you can really showcase to them why you are a perfect TEFL candidate. From the moment I knew I had a place on the course, I had immediate contact with the centre in Madrid where they were preparing me for the move and were always on hand to punctually answer any question, no matter how big or small. The company help you out with housing, VISAs, Spanish classes, what you need to bring with you and everything in between.
Once I arrived at the course centre, I immediately felt welcomed and at home. The team are the most friendly people, it really is a big family that grows every month as the new course starts. I had a wholly positive experience and felt fully supported throughout. The intensity of the course is balanced by the way the team assists you in managing your workload and encouraging positive attitudes whilst the people you meet during the experience make everything so much more fun and worthwhile.
Whilst watching a demo class on my first day of the course, I said to myself 'I'm never going to be able to teach like that in just four weeks' and now, a week after my course finished, I am working in companies across Madrid teaching Directors and CEOs; the course fully prepares you to be a professional teacher in many environments.
Getting legal in Madrid was a process that was fully supported by the centre and any forms that looked intimidating were explained and they would help you fill them out and tell you where to go to get appointments, SIM cards or metro passes.
I am so happy to be here and I am so pleased that I made the decision to come to Madrid through TEFL Heaven. It is an amazing and life-changing experience which no one should have a second thought about doing!

Alex
Manchester, United Kingdom
Nottingham Trent University

TEFL Heaven

The course was very well-managed and organised; I was pleasantly surprised, and the staff were always looking to offer you support.

In terms of post-course employment opportunities, there is certainly no shortage of demand. I've received a tonne of emails within 48 hrs of completing the course. I think this is largely due to the program provider having an abundance of great contacts and also helping us to write CV's.

The only downside is that the course is time and energy intensive, which means little energy is left for learning Spanish during this month of training. You can make up for this in following months however.

In terms of travel, Madrid is a beautiful city. For anyone looking to experience a new place, I couldn't recommend this program and Madrid more highly. The food, culture and people are great and there are plenty of amazing bars, cafes and restaurants. I love the back streets and the squares here. The clubs are nice as well!

Enjoy!

As I said above, I think the only downside is that you can't do too much else during your training, especially if you have other hobbies like the gym/sports/social life etc.

I think they should state that bringing a laptop is mandatory, otherwise you're reliant on one of the 8 computers there, which can lead to time management issues. Bring your own laptop.

Jack
Madrid, Spain
University of Leeds

Want to be an English teacher in Spain? Then TEFL Heaven is for you!

The 4 week course provided by TEFL Heaven was a fantastic experience and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking to teach English as a foreign language here in Spain.

The training staff are extremely friendly, down to earth and offer as much support to you as they can before, during and even after the course! As somebody who has not been in full-time education or a classroom for nearly 10 years it took me a few days to get used to the pace and intensity of the course. However, the trainers and my fellow classmates were very supportive and understanding throughout, we all worked as a collective and had lots of fun!

The course itself is very well organised and planned out, classes are really fun and it is rare that you will find yourself disinterested at all. The materials are excellent and the teaching methodology really helps you understand the structure of the English language and how to teach others in the process. If you have any reservations or difficulties the trainers are always happy to offer advice and any additional support that you may need.

After you've graduated the training centre will assist you with finding a job that suits you, also helping out with any class or interview preparation you may need. Whilst you'll have access to all the materials in the library to get you started!

My life has gone from a boring office job to living in a great European capital and teaching really enthusiastic and friendly people my native language. The experience of learning a new culture and practicing Spanish is also a great experience, and it goes well with teaching English too and meeting new liked-minded people.

If you enjoy travelling, want to live & work abroad, learning new cultures & languages then this course is for you! :-)

I have no suggestions for how this program can be improved, I enjoyed it immensely and every aspect was excellent.

Jane
Spain
University of South Carolina

Madrid TEFL

I came into this experience very excited but incredibly apprehensive. Moving to a new country and trusting a TEFL organisation to help you work through the legal aspects of a visa while completing a TEFL course and worrying about finding a job is not easy, however this program is amazing. The staff members were incredibly helpful and supportive through out the entire process. The also did not hesitate to answer any questions or provide students with any resources that they made need after the program. The staff members made me feel very at home in a foreign country while also providing a great TEFL education. I feel very prepared to teach on my own and began teaching private classes a week after receiving my certification.

The program needs to provide students with more legal support and clarity prior to their arrival to Spain. Many of my peers and I felt kind of "in the dark" before arriving to Spain. More help with housing would also be beneficial. Other than that, I think the program is amazing.

Faye

Faye's TEFL experience "feel the fear and do it anyway".

This TEFL course was something I was unsure about at for a while, I didn't know if it would be for me and was worried about how we would be taught. The first few days leading up to the course I was extremely nervous and apprehensive. However after the first day of the course I felt so much better! The teachers were lovely and made the learning process extremely fun with lots of laughs along the way. It probably sounds like a cliché but I have made some great friends in such a short space of time. My advice for anyone on the fence is to give it a go because the chances are it will be an experience that you love! I feel a lot more confident about teaching having completed the course and it is not as scary as I thought it would be! It is hard work but definitely worth it!

This program could be improved with more information about what will be happening before you start the course. We found out everything on the first day so it was a bit daunting in the weeks leading up to the start date.

Alexandra
University of Maryland

TEFL Heaven Spain!

The TEFL Heaven Spain program has been incredible. I have had the opportunity to travel and live in another amazing country, teach people of all ages a new language, and grow as an individual. Even though I have finished my TEFL, TEFL Heaven has still been amazingly helpful- checking in to make sure everything is going smoothly and asking about my work in Spain. I felt personally taken care of during the entire process- all of my questions were answered, no matter how crazy they were. I made lifelong friends from day one and have had fantastic experiences. I know I definitely made the right decision coming to Madrid with this program and I wouldn't take anything back! :)

It would've been good to know that it's extremely difficult to find work in Spain after May- all the schools are ending and not many people want English lessons over the summer.

Since 2007 TEFL Heaven (formerly Experience Teaching Abroad) has assisted university graduates and non-graduates to secure quality teaching placements abroad. We pride ourselves on being a fun and personable company who like to actively engage with all who are seeking the opportunity to teach English