BE MORE THAN A TEACHER. BE AN INSPIRATION!
Choose a career that opens up a world of new cultures, unique people, and wonderful travel opportunities.
Founded in 1983, HESS International Educational Group is the largest and most recognized private language school in Taiwan. We employ more than 600 native English-speaking teachers in 180+ HESS schools across Asia. Our staff has more than 30 years of experience looking after both new and experienced teachers just like you!
At HESS, you’ll work directly with a stable, well-established educational organization. We are not a recruitment agency, and we do not charge any fees. Take the first steps toward teaching English in Asia today!
Visit www.hess.com.tw for more information and to apply online.
WHAT SETS HESS APART?
1. FREE TEFL CERTIFICATION TRAINING PROGRAM: Teachers earn a HESS TEFL Certificate after completing our intensive, 120+ hour training program. Both new and experienced educators are welcome!
2. BENEFITS AND ASSISTANCE: HESS has more than 30 years of experience handling documents and healthcare for foreign teachers. We also provide free airport pick-up, hotel stay, and assistance finding housing (flight and housing reimbursement offered in some locations).
3. INTEREST-FREE START-UP LOAN: We offer an interest-free loan to help you get settled into your new home and career.
4. SUPPORT AND JOB SECURITY: Train in a large group to make friends and find roommates. Our schools also have a reliable Western management structure and ongoing training, communication, and feedback.
5. MORE OPTIONS: We offer full-time English-teaching positions at 180+ HESS schools across Asia, and we are able to accommodate couples and friends applying together. We also hire year-round for various start dates, so you can start teaching on a timeframe that suits you.
6. COMPETITIVE PAY AND BONUSES: Earn enough to save money and live comfortably. Pay off loans or fund your travel adventures. Your teaching pay is complimented by yearly bonuses.
7. GUARANTEED HOURS: We guarantee a minimum number of teaching hours above what most schools can offer so you always know what your base income will be. There are plenty of opportunities to earn more by picking up extra classes or activities.
8. FLEXIBLE TIME OFF: Flexible vacation days and annual leave between contracts give you endless opportunities to explore.
9. MATERIALS PROVIDED: We write our own professional, award-winning curricula with lesson plans made for you. Class sizes are manageable, and local co-teachers will support you inside and outside of the classroom.
10. ADVANCEMENT OPPORTUNITIES: Teaching contracts can be renewed annually. We also offer roles in curriculum writing, management, training, marketing, recruiting, multimedia, and more!