Reach To Teach - English Teaching Jobs in Taiwan

Do you enjoy travel? Do you enjoy being around children? Do you think you have what it takes to be a creative and inspirational teacher? If so, then teaching ESL (English as a Second Language) may be the perfect opportunity for you. Reach to Teach staff are all former ESL teachers from countries around the world. We understand the business and care about our teachers and their students. The schools we represent are among the best in the business.

When you arrive at your school, our support does not end. We are there to help you through your exciting year of cultural challenges and adventures. We currently have many exciting opportunities in Taiwan. Reach to Teach is a FREE ESL Teacher Placement service. All you NEED is a 4 year degree, but you MUST have a great imagination and sense of adventure! If you would rather be experiencing the varied cultures of the world instead of the inside of a cubicle, this is for you!

Hi, I'm keen to know more and apply for this program. I am located in Saudi Arabia at the moment. My current contract expires, May 2016. When is the best time to apply?

• Benefits 9.1
  • Facilities 9
Ismari

100% for Reach to teach!

When I made the decision to teach abroad, I contacted a few recruitment agencies. Reach to teach responded within one day and I had an interview with them they day thereafter. Since then, through the whole process of packing up my life in one country to move to the next, Reach to Teach had been a constant support.
Reach to Teach has been there through every single obstacle I've faced in Taiwan (and I had my fair share) and Carrie Kellenberger is honestly the greatest! I would recommend this agency to anyone at any given time!

Abby

Not a reputable agency

The school Reach to Teach placed me at was atrocious. I felt that it was a horrible working environment.

If you're unfamiliar with the area, reputable schools in Taipei create healthy learning environments that allow their students to thrive. It's a travesty that not all students are experiencing this type of education, but luckily this is not the case at many schools.

The fact that Reach to Teach aligns themselves with a school like this clearly demonstrates their lack of integrity, professionalism, and dedication to the teachers that join their agency.

Response from Reach to Teach

Dear Abby,

I’m sorry to say that we have no record of ever having placed a teacher in Taiwan by the name of Abby or Abigail, nor do we have any records of a person named Abby or Abigail being placed in any of our programs from the University of British Columbia.

As you didn’t list any reason as to why you thought the school was bad or what your problem was with your school, we are assuming that you have us confused with one of our competitors.

For any potential teachers reading this review, please have a look at the reviews below or the 120+ reviews on our Facebook page at: www.facebook.com/ReachToTeach/reviews. We do our best to take good care of all of our teachers.

For anyone who would like to speak to one of our current teachers to find out what our services are like, please email Carrie at [email protected] or John at [email protected]

We welcome anyone to get in touch with us about any of our programs.

No, I don't recommend
Megan

Highly Recommended!

Moving to Taiwan was a spontaneous decision that could not have happened without the help of and encouragement from Reach to Teach. After receiving a reminder that my TESL's groupon would soon expire, I figured I should do the course. Then, after completing the course, I figured I should have a look at what the ESL market had to offer.
I was immediately attracted to Reach to Teach owing to it's stellar ratings and reviews and decided to send them my documents to get more information. The next morning I had a warm and exciting email waiting from Carrie providing me with thorough information on the process. Her professionalism, passion for ESL Education and the expat life in Asia had me immediately hooked on the idea of moving to Taiwan. Through her incredible efforts, I was beginning my training at a great school (Kojen American School) in Taipei, less than a month later.

Since then, Reach to Teach has regularly checked in and hosted some fantastic events for teachers. I have not had any issues this far with relocating, getting set up in Taiwan or with the school I have been placed with. Carrie and the rest of the staff at Reach to Teach offered such sound advice on how to prepare, and have solid relationships with the schools they work with, ensuring an easy transition.

I would highly recommend Reach to Teach to anyone considering teaching overseas!

Kieran

A company that genuinely cares.

Reach to Teach are, from my experience, an exceptionally professional and personable company. The recruitment and interview process was straightforward, and following it, I was in regular contact before leaving for Taiwan. Just as an example of the attention and care they have: before leaving I mentioned as an aside that I planned to travel with a bulky item. I was immediately sent details on restricted items and information from a number of websites and threads, as well as their own research from asking colleagues and friends. Since arriving six months ago I have received emails about regular events they host and other updates. This is a company that genuinely cares.

intaiwan

Highly recommended !

I highly recommend Reach to Teach! This is my first teaching job abroad (in Taiwan) and as you might expect I was a little nervous about finding a job with a reputable school and moving half way across the world. From submitting my application, Reach to Teach were excellent. They replied quickly to emails and phone calls, and were very supportive throughout the application process and once I arrived in Taipei. Importantly I felt under no pressure to take a position unless I was completely satisfied with the job on offer. In country RTT regularly arrange social events that make it easy to connect with other teachers/friends and offer a great deal of advice.

As a first time teacher I would defiantly advice using Reach to Teach to find a suitable employer.

I can't think of anything I would change about the RTT service.
MichelleB

High Quality Organization

I knew I chose the right program once I started getting quick emails and phone calls directly from the owner and colleagues. Moving across the world can be a daunting, but rewarding experience and Reach to Teach made it such a easy and welcoming change. If I needed any assistance though out the on boarding process they were always there, and very attentive. Reach to Teach follows up with you throughout the experience making sure you're happy, comfortable and really enjoying your time and adjusting properly. I definitely recommend going through Reach to Teach to anyone who wants a personal experience.

I honestly can't think of anything wrong. I was fully informed and taken care of throughout the whole experience.
Kelly

Go with Reach to Teach if you want to teach in Taiwan

I am currently working in Changhua, a small city in central Taiwan. I was hired through Reach to Teach, and am incredibly grateful for the support I’ve received from them.

Back in Canada, I spent endless hours researching various English teaching opportunities in countries all over, and after many different applications, interviews and a few offers, I had a tough decision to make about which country (and company) to choose in the end. The Global Director of Recruiting made it easy for me to feel that Taiwan and Reach to Teach were the right choice. After six months on the job, I’m still glad I made that decision.

From the start of my journey, the Director of Recruiting has been friendly and professional. Because she comes from Canada and has lived in Taiwan for so long, she can relate well with new teachers while providing a bridge for understanding and adapting to Taiwan. She has been available to answer any questions or concerns throughout the entire process both before and after arriving.

Reach to Teach also hold regular events to help teachers broaden a network here in Taiwan. I’ve really enjoyed getting to know such a high caliber group of people, and look forward to the next events! Life in Changhua is a little slow, so a trip to Taipei is a nice treat—and just a quick HSR (high speed rail) ride away.

Taiwan is a wonderful country, the pay is pretty good, the food is excellent, and the people are friendly. The language is difficult and takes real commitment to learn, especially if you focus a lot of energy on your lesson plans and teaching English. My recommendation is to find a language exchange partner—one of the best things I've done since coming here. Also, if you get a scooter you'll magnify your enjoyment tenfold. (At first, I never thought I would brave the roads here on a scooter myself, but it turns out it was just inevitable, and it opens up a whole new perspective!)

I’m glad I made the choice to come to Taiwan, and I’m glad I came with Reach to Teach.

In addition to the awesome events held in Taipei, some sort of network with other programs/schools in the smaller cities (such as Changhua) would be helpful—though of course is asking a lot! But if I'm being honest, it is difficult to meet other expats here without going to Taichung or Taipei. While I enjoy the school, the kids are fantastic, and Reach to Teach has been incredibly supportive, from what I’ve experienced so far, the social scene for foreign teachers in Changhua is lacking. However, of course the upside is you can immerse yourself more thoroughly into the wonderful Taiwanese culture.
SeeKeller

They've got your back

Reach to Teach is a solid resource for new teachers, veteran ESL folks, or English speaking people thinking of teaching in Asia. Their customer service is top notch. The staff walked me through all the aspects of getting the job: the job search, interviews, demo, follow up, and job acceptance! Additionally, they have provided insightful advice to me while in my current position. What’s best is that they host socials every so often to ensure that you can meet people in your new community. I was surprised to learn that they are the ONLY recruiting company in Taiwan that does not charge its customers a finder’s fee. I feel lucky to have worked with them and would recommend them to anyone, especially those looking to teach in Taiwan.

If I could change one thing, it would be to have found out about Reach to Teach earlier in the process, like before I left home. Using their connections might've made the transition easier, but I am happy nonetheless.
Andrew

Satisfied Public School Teacher

Having previously taught in South Korea for a few years, I had plenty of experience living and working in Asia. However, the transition to a new country with a new system/visa requirements can be chaotic. Upon hearing excellent reviews from friends, I was able to work with Rick from Reach to Teach and I am very satisfied with the overall experience.

Rick and Steve accompanied me to my new job on the first day in order to sign the contract and translate. They also gave me excellent advice regarding what documents I should gather along with what to expect. In Taiwan, the Visa process is much different than Korea but their ongoing support made this effortless.

Furthermore, the fact that Reach to Teach has so many amazing events once you are in the country allows for you to easily transition into a new culture and meet some great people along the way.

Coco

Reach To Teach is Wonderful

RTT has long term relationships with the schools they work with and will help you with any problems that may arise.
The day to day management of the school was very supportive and gave flexibility in how we as teachers could express ourselves.
Difficulties only cam with some communication between management and the owners on issues of bonus compensation and other benefits.

More follow up after being placed.
Teacher123

Great Service

Reach to Teach is a great service and I highly recommend them to anyone looking to find a teaching job in Taiwan. The staff are super helpful and always willing to lend a hand in any problems that might arise. 10/10

megs84

Reach To Teach really cares about their teachers.

I've been teaching ESL for several years now. I taught in South Korea for two years before making the decision to move to Taiwan. I found both of my teaching positions through Reach To Teach, and my recruiters were excellent. Their correspondence was always on time. I received numerous phone calls and check-ins from both of my recruiters during the job hunting process. They took time to answer my questions and helped me navigate through contracts and visa procedures. The schools that I was placed at were good schools that paid well and took care of me. My favorite part about Reach To Teach is their monthly events. They don't hold a lot of events in South Korea, but the Taiwan events were a lot of fun and I had a support network in place within my first month of moving to Taiwan, and Reach To Teach's support was on-going throughout my time abroad. I have recommended Reach To Teach to a number of friends and co-workers over the years, not only because their services are free, but also because it's a great organization that genuinely seems to care for their teachers.

jennioos

Teaching in Taipei

It's been a couple years, but I had an overall great experience. Working with the children was extremely rewarding, but the school never paid me for overtime when they asked me to stay behind to make backdrops and decorations. I think it's a cultural thing, because in the U.S. we always got paid for overtime. Just be careful of that, so that they don't take advantage of your time. The pay was great though, and after my year of teaching I got to go on a huge 2 month trip throughout Asia. I believe we visited 9 countries, and still had money left over! The people I met there were great, and Taiwanese people are incredibly nice, though a little shy, so you need to give them a chance to warm up to you. :)

Taiwanren

Very helpful and legit program.

Reach to Teach was very professional and gave me a very good idea of what to expect in Taiwan. They had a thorough interview process and even helped me develop a demo for the interview process at the new school. When I had a problem with my contract they were their to help me immediately. Life in Taipei is amazing and offers tons of opportunities to learn Chinese/Taiwanese culture (martial arts, meditation, qi gong, tea ect) but also has a pretty good social scene. Unfortunately, my first year I was stationed in Taoyuan which a smaller but still busy and polluted city outside of Taipei, which didn't offer much in terms social life or groups suitable for foreigners to learn Chinese culture.

kbelle

great support from reach to teach

I used R2T to secure a job in Taiwan. Since I wasn't living in Taipei, I didn't participate in most of the organized activities for teachers. However, I was always invited and when I did go I met lots of great people. R2T was really supportive during my transition to teaching and helpful when I needed something. The job that they helped me get was an honest, fine job. Not the very best possible, but safe, honest and more than just ok. I would definitely recommend using R2T to a friend who wasn't too confident about going without a recruiter.

About Reach to Teach

As any ESL Teacher can tell you, finding a good teaching job abroad can be difficult. Similarly, a lot of ESL schools feel that finding a good teacher is equally difficult. This is where we at Reach To Teach come in. Our motto is matching great...