Get Paid to Teach English in Taiwan with TEFL Certification

Get Paid to Teach English in Taiwan with TEFL Certification

Interested in getting paid to travel the world? By earning your accredited TEFL certification with International TEFL Academy, you can teach English in Taiwan & 80+ countries worldwide.

Taiwan is one of the oldest and most established markets among Asian nations. Taiwan is a fantastic option for those interested in learning Mandarin but seeking a place a bit smaller than China.

With your TEFL certification and a four-year degree (AA degrees case-by-case), you can find professional teaching jobs in Taiwan. A generous salary allows English teachers to live comfortably, while saving up to $500 per month.

Armed with your International TEFL Academy TEFL certification & ITA's lifetime job search assistance, you'll be able to finding professional teaching jobs all over Taiwan. We've helped more than 15,000 people get TEFL certified & experience the world. Join the movement, make a difference, and earn some money along the way!

Why is International TEFL Academy the Right Choice?

• One-on-One Pre-Enrollment Guidance: What TEFL class is best for me? What country is best for me? How much money do I need to bring with me? Your own personal ITA advisor will help you navigate these questions about TEFL certification, teaching abroad, and many more! Your advisor will educate you on how to find English teaching jobs in 80+ countries around the world before enrolling in your class. Your advisor will help you decide if teaching English abroad is a good fit for you!
  • Professional Level TEFL Certification Courses: We offer accredited TEFL certification courses online (11 weeks online) and in-person (4 weeks) in 25 locations worldwide that exceed international professional standards of instructor qualifications, class, and student teaching hours.
  • We Have Been in YOUR shoes: Everyone on the ITA staff has extensive experience international experience. Travel is in our blood. It’s our passion to help people realize how realistic this dream of living & working abroad can be. We all appreciate the challenges & rewards of living, traveling, and working abroad from first-hand experience.
  • One-on-One Job Search Guidance: How do I find a job? How do I make friends? What paperwork do I need for my visa? Once enrolled in any ITA TEFL class, you’ll work with our team of expert job search advisors to help you out with these three questions and many, many more. Enjoy access to the most comprehensive job resources & guidance on the planet to help you navigate international job markets around the world.
  • Access to ITA Worldwide Alumni Network: Exclusive opportunities to network, connect, and correspond with our 15,000 ITA alumni teaching English across the globe. This is a great way to meet friends before you head out & get your questions answered by current ITA alumni on the ground abroad.

How Do I Get Started?

Contact International TEFL Academy for your starter brochure or call us directly at 773-634-9900 & start working with your personal Admission Advisors. Your advisor will work with you one-on-one to answer your all of your questions, go over your options & set up your game plan to see the world. Your advisor will be happy to speak with you as many times as you need to go over job markets, hiring requirements, TEFL course options & much more.

Your journey begins now so let’s get in touch & let’s get started!

Asia » Taiwan » Taipei
Salary / Benefits
1,400–2,100 USD/month
Kaohsiung, Taichung, Taoyuan, and Tainan.

• Benefits
  • Facilities

Shannon
Danbury
Drexel University

Personal Touch was a Huge Plus

Ah ITA, you guys are good. I had already heard/read great things about their TEFL programs before signing up, so I didn't have to be seriously convinced. However, my initial contact call reaffirmed everything I'd heard and boosted my confidence in the program more-so. I initially was focused on the one-month intensive in-country TEFL program, but after speaking to a person in the office about what I was hoping to achieve with the certificate, I was told to go for the (less expensive) online program.

I really enjoyed the pace of the class, and the fact that the instructor took the time to respond to all of our comments. The weekly group-chat assignment also made it feel like more of a "real" class. Bonus: the instructor was also very familiar with Taiwan, so offered some great advice personally before I even set foot in the country. Coupled with the informational video chats held pretty frequently and live-streamed, I felt quite prepared jumping into the job-application process.

When I did begin to look for jobs, Christie with the Student Affairs team reached out right away and was nothing short of a huge help. She answered all of my questions honestly and promptly, and led me in a straight direction towards job success. After sending her a very late-night email with a contract from a prospective (now current) employer that was time-sensitive, she responded sooner than I could have hoped. Her confidence in the contract/employer and perspective as a "third party" gave me the confidence to take the leap and accept the offer - which I'm extremely glad I did today.

There are many programs like ITA. However, the professionalism and personality behind the organization was a win-win in my eyes. Like anything worth doing, I had to work hard and stay very organized/focused. But my journey from the first call with ITA to where I am now, months into my dream of teaching abroad, would have been MUCH more difficult and convoluted had I not taken the steps towards success with them.

Response from International TEFL Academy

Thanks for the awesome feedback, Shannon! We're so happy to hear you're enjoying your journey. Taiwan sounds like an even better country now that they have you as a teacher! Enjoy every moment of it!

Jassira
Ojai, California

The Best Experience (and the Best Decision)

I am so glad I chose ITA to prepare me for teaching abroad. I made the decision somewhat on a whim and all my conversations with the staff at ITA before, during, and after my course were more than helpful. I had assistance right from the beginning in planning for my move abroad, from practical information like how much I should save for start up costs to the less tangible support that comes from conversations about their own travel and teaching experiences.

The course itself was amazing! My teachers were both incredibly knowledgeable and experienced. They were able to answer all of my questions and I graduated with full confidence in my ability to teach English.

However my favorite part of ITA is the benefit of having alumni living all over the world, available to answer your questions and give you advice. I've loved helping people who are thinking about moving to Taiwan and I've been reaching out to alums in the countries I want to travel to next. It makes it so much easier to keep leaping when you're able to find out everything you need to know about where you're going to land.

I think you guys are doing a really great job. I've said this on a survey before- I think you should reach out to alumni in countries to keep information up to date. My work visa/ARC costs were higher than indicated due to a change in law 6 months earlier. I know it must be hard to keep on top of all the countries, but perhaps sending out something to alumni in each country every now and then to check what has changed?

Response from International TEFL Academy

Thanks for the review, Jassira! That's great that you've been taking advantage of our alumni services and connecting with fellow ITA teachers in the world.
We're sorry for the confusion on the work visa fees. Visa laws can change on a dime's notice and sometimes governments don't even update their own websites, which is what we have listed in our Job Search Guidance Manual.
All of our alumni have access to the job search guidance manual and other resources that are continuously updated. We strive to provide the most current and accurate information possible and we always welcome feedback & new information from our alumni around the globe. We also encourage our alumni and students to share their information & questions on our alumni country Facebook pages.
We're glad you made it abroad and look forward to hearing how the rest of your adventures unfold!

Taiwan21
Minnesota

Teaching in Taiwan

My typical day includes traveling to and from work on public transportation and usually teaching from either 2-7 hours in a given day. There have been many good things that have come from teaching English, like the pleasure of spending time with young children and watching them progress throughout the year that you are with them.
Some of the difficulties have been that the pay is not very great and sometimes there aren't enough teaching hours given. It is also hard to adjust to new rules and regulations within a vastly different country than your own.

Response from International TEFL Academy

Thanks for the review.

It seems your review score has to do with the job you chose to take and some issues of adjusting to a new country. International TEFL Academy offers advice and support on jobs but ultimately it's an individual choice of the graduate to pick the right place for his/her needs.

People love living and teaching English in Taiwan, perhaps a change of school, city or even country would be something to make you happier. Hopefully you have adjusted to the culture shock and are enjoying your stay more every day.

It seems you have rated ITA based on your life in Taiwan and not the items we provide which are: Pre-Enrollment advice, accredited and professional TEFL certification, lifetime job assistance and alumni support. We always score at the top for these items.

Petra
Taiwan
University of Canterbury

Two kinds of pay

A lot of the schools and parents in Taiwan want only teachers that 'look' European, and despite the fact that I grew up in New Zealand and has English as my first language, my pay is half that of an European-looking teacher. Teachers that look Asian are paid less and are subjected to less-welcoming work conditions, and I have found that TEFL certificate do not improve the situation much. The program's great but I haven't found it a worthwhile investment as it hasn't really improved my work opportunities. However, if you're just looking for ways to be a better teacher, it would serve you well.

International TEFL Academy is passionate about two things:

1) Providing the highest quality TEFL certification classes.

2) Ensuring all of our graduates find professional, paid English teaching jobs abroad & have a wonderful experience overseas.

All of our staff at ITA have worked, lived &