Teaching Jobs in Abu Dhabi, UAE - Teach English in Abu Dhabi

Teaching Jobs in Abu Dhabi, UAE - Teach English in Abu Dhabi

Teaching jobs in Abu Dhabi are amongst the most desired teaching positions in the Middle East. Teachers moving to Abu Dhabi or Dubai for a teaching job will be well compensated and housed in roomy and comfortable surroundings. Working for the Abu Dhabi Education Council allows you to make a great, tax-free, salary and work in a challenging and rewarding environment.

To qualify for a teaching job in Abu Dhabi you need to be a certified teacher in your home state/province/country. At least a year of full-time teaching experience is required. The hiring process includes and in-person interview with representatives of the Abu Dhabi Education Council.

Those who make it through and leave for their teaching jobs in Abu Dhabi receive a number of very attractive benefits. Flights are provided for the teacher plus dependents, housing is provided free of charge and all teachers receive a AED 20,000 settlement allowance for furniture.

Asia » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
Asia » United Arab Emirates » Abu Dhabi
Asia » United Arab Emirates
1 Year+
Salary / Benefits
The tax-free salary ranges with experience: from USD $40,000 to $66,000 (12,300-20,400 AED / month). Benefits include: free flights, free housing, settlement allowance, annual vacation flights, health insurance, visa support for dependents, and more.

• Benefits
  • Facilities

Alliah
Johannesburg
University of the Witwatersrand

SA to UAE

I must admit making this BIG decision which I know will be life changing not just for me, but my family too got me thinking over time. But after I applied with Footprints "I was pleased with all the communication that I received from them since my application form. Even though I was anxious and frustrated at times due to having to wait, wait and wait. At the time I didnt underatnd that it was no reflection on Footprints as they were awaiting feedback from ADEC, but now I understand.

Keeping me in the loop and ensuring that I remain positive is what gave me hope to leave. Now that I am here, I am so happy. I have been placed in a lovey villa, got a stunning school and thoroughly enjoying my experience being in the UAE.

Making the decision to come here has been one of the best for me. Even though my children are finding in difficult in their private, we as a family have been making this trip memorable and worthwhile."

Thanks!

Gillian
Cape Town, South Africa

An experience that can't be bought

The mere thought of applying for a teaching position overseas is very easy. Taking that first step is like standing on a river bank not sure which side is safer.....stable land or moving water. Yes weird comparison. The most important step is research and questions. To help you find a sure footing would be a very good and helpful recruiter. 11 years ago I made that decision, and promised myself only 2 years and then heading back to my base..South Africa. Mmmmm well my 2 years stretched into 11 years and I am strolling into my 12th years. Teaching in the Middle East can be scary yet rewarding. You should have a goal...ask yourself...Why am I going to take on this adventure? You should never come with an attitude, be the "Know it All" girl/guy, and negativity. Come with a bag filled with humble beginnings, open mind, adventure, positive attitude and most of all gratitude. You are a guest here, so act like it...Yes there will be LOTS, MANY, PLENTY things that you do not agree with and do not like, but its not forever. Make use of the opportunity to ENJOY the culture, country and it's people and what it has to offer. Keep contact with friends and family back home as they would be your pillar of strength when emotions take over. Take part in anything and everything....like volunteering, adventure camps, community walks/runs, flea markets, shopping festivals, National Days, visits museums to enrich yourself with the country and it's history and last but not least......don't forget to TRAVEL. I have traveled places, which I know for a fact would not have been possible had I stayed in my country as an educator. The people here are proud of their heritage, respect it. All this is possible with a helpful and supportive recruiting agency. Footprints was my ticket to a journey that can never be bought, but only enjoyed through experience.

The recruiter should arrange more get together sessions with the rest of the teachers in one city/country

Shaheen
BRADFORD
Leeds Metropolitan University

Abu Dhabi (ADEC)

Hi, I had many companies to choose from but somehow Footprints appealed to me. It's the best choice I ever made! Right from the start and each step of the process I was kept informed of what would happen next and what I needed to do. Alison Morgan was awesome... She even told me when she was on holiday so I wasn't stressing if I didn't get an immediate reply. She helped me with my documents and answered all my queries. She got me linked to a mentor who had been through the experience in case they were any questions I needed to ask as this mentor was based in Abu Dhabi. A year on into my teaching experience abroad I can truly say it's been awesome!. I've gained an insight into the Emirati culture, lifestyle and teaching in Abu Dhabi. I love it! Thanks Footprints!
Shaheen

Zulema
New Orleans, Louisiana

One of the Original 2013 FP!

It was the best experience professionally, enriching, and unbelievable! I enjoyed every single moment that I was there! In the beginning I was scared and uncertain but embrace the challenges and made the best of it!
Working with Footprints was great and I always recommend the company all to other colleagues! Footprints was honest and flexible! To me I feel I am always a member of FP! I was one of the first group of teachers recruited and accepted in 2013!

Kenneth
London

Excellent guide all the way

Right from the moment you do your assessment with footprints and found to be qualified and suitable for a position , you will never be alone. Footprints recruiting will guide you on application process, preparation for interview, and help you with departure from your home countrry to you primary place of assignment. As soon as you secure your job, you will receive useful information on the country, you going to work in. Great follow-up to find out how you have settled in to your new cultural environment. I highly recommend footprints for this ADEC program.

Tuition fees for expat kids will go a long way to help teachers as school fees in the UAE is very high.

Founded by English educators in 2001, Footprints Recruiting recruits native English speaking teachers and places them in safe, reputable English institutes and government programs worldwide.

We match clients with the best teachers for their programs, and we pride ourselves in our selection process. We support