TEFL Heaven: Paid teaching job Prague, Czech Republic

TEFL Heaven: Paid teaching job Prague, Czech Republic

Prague! Also known as the city that never sleeps. Become TEFL certified in one of Europe's top destinations!. Our 130 hour TEFL training is followed up by a guaranteed paid job. You will experience Prague and all it has to offer alongside making new friends and completing your TEFL qualification. The 4 weeks face to face training will ensure you are confident and knowledgeable enough to start your classroom adventure.

Once you have gained your TEFL certificate, you are able to teach anywhere in the world!

Message TEFL Heaven for more information about our TEFL programs.

Europe » Czech Republic » Prague

Georgia
Prague
Queensland University of Technology

AMAZED BY TEFL HEAVEN

Completing my TEFL certificate through TEFL heaven has been one of the best experiences of my life. The program was a little full on but it prepared me, in the best way possible, to teach English as a second language. I have met friends for life and received growing support from people inside and out of the program. I have enjoyed my time in Prague so much that I will be extending my stay in here, and continue to work as a teacher.

To improve the program I would make the visa process clearer. As well as making the hours spent each day in the program clearly laid out.

Neil Seth
Neil
Prague, Czech Republic
University of Miami

English Course in Prague: Intense but Unforgettable

I recommend receiving a TEFL certificate in Prague through the TEFL Heaven company. The program affords students an amazing combination of improving their English instruction ability and exploring one of the world's most beautiful and historically rich cities. While the course does require good time management skills and a commitment to improving one's abilities, the program provides tons of resources for students. Furthermore, the instructors and program director are very receptive to student feedback and implementing a variety of different components to improve the program. After completing the program, I feel extremely comfortable teaching Czech students and have become proficient in lesson planning. Furthermore, I was able to quickly land a teaching job that I enjoy with the added benefit of having made valuable friendships along the way!

I believe the program can be improved by increasing their organization. Sometimes I felt that the instructors were not completely on the same page. However, the head of the program did an amazing job of combating this issue and I can assure that the program is headed in the right direction to improve the quality of instruction.

Luke

Hard Work But Pays Off

With this programme you really get to experience all the this amazing city has to offer.
The programme itself is a very intensive training course and at the end you leave a qualified TEFL teacher with a 120hr certificate.
The course was a lot more intense than I originally thought it would be and can be very demanding, however due to this at the end of the course you have had lots of help and training on being a language teacher. I felt very prepared to go into teaching in Prague after this course.
One of the main benefits of this course is that you are being trained right in the centre of Prague in one of the most popular parts of the city, there is plenty to do and you really learn your way around the city during the course.

This programme could be improved by letting students know in advance that this course is really intense and that they will be teaching lessons to students in their first week of training, this is something myself and others were not fully prepared for.

Beller

MAKE LIFE LONG FRIENDS AND HAVE THE TIME OF YOUR LIFE!

My experience on the TEFL HEAVEN PRAGUE program during August 2017 was unexpectadly hilarious and non-stop fun! Not knowing what to expect I was pleasantly surprised arriving on the first day to the amazing group of people I would spend the next month with. From day 1 it felt like we had all been friends from years despite being a mixed group of Aussies, Americans, Brits plus a Dutch and Russian of all different ages. The course itself was a great challenge but also extremely rewarding, especially being able to put all skills into practice almost immediately. The TEFL trainers in the Prague office would have to be the absolute highlight of the course for me. Incredibly hilarious, smart and patient teachers guided us through grammar, lesson planning and methodology modules everyday and it often didn't even feel like work/ study because of the fun being had in the classroom! Endless laughs, life long friends and some great experience is what you can expect from this course- plus the little fact that Prague is the most beautiful and amazing place I've ever visited!! Highly recommend!

Sometimes the daily schedule/ running of the course didn't make complete sense to me... I guess they had a certain number of hours of each module we had to complete but some content was quite irrelevant or just completed at a strange time of the course where it didn't fit. We would often have a long methodology session (tested in an end of week exam) followed by a short grammar session to plan our 1hr grammar lessons for the very next morning. This often didn't give us nearly enough time to spend with the grammar trainer preparing the important lessons which most of us found really daunting. To me it just would've made sense to have a longer grammar lesson planning session in that time and move the methodology session around as it wasn't being tested till Friday afternoon.

Evan

Great Experience in Prague

Overall, doing my TEFL certification in Prague with the assistance of TEFL Heaven was a remarkably good decision. The instructors are of the highest quality, although I must say the workload is more difficult than I expected, and I earnestly believe my peers would concur. I possess an insatiable desire to both travel and teach, and TEFL Heaven allowed me the opportunity to quench these desires. Additionally, Prague is an incredibly pleasant city in which to live and work, and I would wholeheartedly recommend that anyone considering this program just do it. It' very much worth your time, and you are going to make a lot of pals along the way.

More transparency before arriving.

Lucy
United Kingdom
Manchester Metropolitan University

Wow

Wow what an experience I had doing TEFL with Live TEFL. I had the best month ever, I thoroughly enjoyed the teaching practice and the staff were very supportive. I had plenty of classroom experience which is great for my CV and I was happy to observe others teach as this added to my own ideas about how to be a great TEFL teacher.

I made new friends whom I really enjoy spending time with. I had lots of fun with the TEFL course and also met some interesting students in Prague. Prague itself is very beautiful and a really nice place to complete a TEFL course. I recommend the beer as it is very cheap.

More advice on jobs, bank accounts etc.

Amy
England
Victoria University of Wellington

TEFL Heaven Czech Republic by Amy

Going to the Czech Republic to train as a teacher is a daunting experience. However, the trainers and the school that you train at make it a very positive experience. The trainers are all equipped with lots of life experience, senses of humour and lots of patience. By learning in the classroom and then being exposed to at least 6 hours of teaching practice, you are able to watch your own growth and confidence as a teacher in only 4 weeks. The course is intense, however the trainers have so many ways of making it fun! The sharing of opinions is encouraged and the school organizes plenty of trips around the city, as well as beer outings, to make your whole experience enjoyable. I thoroughly recommend this programme to anyone wanting to experience the Czech Republic and have some exposure to teaching.

I cannot add any improvements; the whole experience was very professional and enjoyable.

Guy
England
University of Oxford

TEFL Prague

The programme was very good -- quite intense at times, but I definitely feel that I've improved as a teacher thanks to taking this course, and of course the qualification itself really opens up a whole host of employment opportunities.

One thing that you should know if you're thinking of applying is that you're only guaranteed a job offer if you get an "Excellent" pass mark in the course, which very few people do. Still, there are such a large number of TEFL jobs out there that finding one shouldn't be too difficult.

Make it clearer in the promotional material that the job offer is only guaranteed for those getting an "Excellent" pass mark.

Response from TEFL Heaven

Hi Guy,
Thanks for your feedback - it's really appreciated! The job guarantee we offer extends to placements outside of the training centre alongside the network of schools liked to the training centre, and there are only a certain amount of jobs following your course date. The team ensure you'll secure a job in Prague following the course if you're offered TEFL Heaven's job guarantee, and so I hope you had a good experience with this! I'll be sure to pass your comments on.
Kind regards,
Charlie - The TEFL Heaven Team

Since 2007 TEFL Heaven (formerly Experience Teaching Abroad) has assisted university graduates and non-graduates to secure quality teaching placements abroad. We pride ourselves on being a fun and personable company who like to actively engage with all who are seeking the opportunity to teach English