TEFL Heaven Internships Thailand

TEFL Heaven in the UK and Thailand provide the very popular TEFL Heaven Internships Thailand Program.

Starting with TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) training in a paradise location and ending with a fully salaried TEFL job in Thailand, it's no wonder that more than 120 candidates train and teach on this program.

We have trained over 600 candidates in 5 years on this program, with a maximum of 24 candidates per training session. With many trainees around the same age (in their twenties or early thirties) on one course it means making friends is easy. We train teachers every 6 months in the months of April and September each year, just before the start of each term.

Teaching placements last one school term of around 5 months, making in the whole about 6 months of the program. If you want to stay longer, just renew your contract with the school. See out website for more details.

Once you have completed your training you will then go straight to your paid teaching role where you will be earning between 25-30,000 THB providing you with a very comfortable lifestyle that will enable you to travel, explore and see the very best of Thailand and it's surrounding countries.

Training + Certification + Full Support + Guaranteed Paid Job - Sounds like heaven?

With TEFL Heaven, Asia teachers are required to be from the age of 20 - 55 years old. In Latin America and Europe you would be required to be between the ages of 18 and 65.
Yes. It says on the website: FOR THOSE WITHOUT A BACHELORS DEGREE If you do not have a bachelors degree you can receive a guaranteed paid teaching job on this program: PUERTO VALLARTA & PAID JOB MEXICO If you have not yet acquired your bachelors degree yet, but are still studying, you are also eligible for the guaranteed paid teaching job, as long as you get your degree certificate sent to you...

• Benefits 8.8
  • Facilities 9.1
  • Instruction 9.2
  • Academic Rigor 6.4
  • Job Assistance 9.6
Jenna

One of the best decisions you'll ever make

I can't say enough wonderful things about this program...The course teaches you so much not only about teaching English as a foreign language but also about Thai culture and much more. Our training group got super close and truly became a little family which was really comforting being far away from home. TEFL Heaven immediately set me up with a great job, helped me find a nice apartment, and was so helpful every step of the way in terms of getting a work visa and all other questions I had, no matter what they were. They made the transition of moving from the US to Thailand easier, more fun, and more rewarding than I ever thought possible. If you're even considering teaching abroad, I highly suggest going through TEFL Heaven without a doubt-you won't regret it!

Sydney

Traveling Teacher

TEFL Heaven was a wonderful way to begin my teaching experience in Thailand. They made my pre-planning painless, and the course helped ease my initial anxieties.

They provided me with all of the information, documents, and confidence I needed to be a successful teacher. In addition, I gained confidence in myself, my skills and my ability to handle new situations.

TEFL Heaven is unique, in that participants get the opportunity to train 3 weeks in paradise and also gain hands-on classroom experience and real-life experience teaching children in “English camp”. Exposure to teaching before conducting my own classroom was incredibly helpful. TEFL Heaven supplies participants with the opportunity to discover an exquisite culture, learn some Thai, explore the breathtaking Thai islands, and make lifelong friends.

After the three weeks of training I felt confident, excited, and prepared. I highly recommend this program to anyone who is considering teaching English abroad. You will gain friendships, knowledge, and a whole lot of confidence!

During my training a lot of the focus was directed towards teaching Prathom (middle school) students. More emphasis on teaching kindergarten and high school students would have been helpful.
Tyler

TEFL Heaven - Koh Chang April 2017

When deciding what program to choose for this journey of my life, I was highly drawn to the TEFL Heaven internship program. The main points that were important for me is that the company was reputable, they were supportive, and they guaranteed a job after the training. TEFL Heaven hits the ball out of the park on all of those points!

The three week training course on Koh Chang was an intensive crash course on becoming a teacher that concluded on going to an English Camp and teaching lessons to real kids. I can say that I was very shy about talking in front of groups before I joined onto this course. Now after two months of teaching that shyness has flown out the window. In the very beginning of the course they put you in the hot seat to perform under pressure, which is a quality that every teacher has to have - especially in a foreign country.

My favorite experiences during the training course were the day trips we did on the weekends with our big group. It was a nice chance to hang out and get to know the fellow TEFL trainees and the TEFL trainers. After a long week of training, some fun in the sun is much needed every weekend.

I don't think I'll ever be the same person after this because now the travel bug has bitten me. Before the TEFL course, I was working the standard 8 - 5pm office job and that wasn't the life that I wanted for myself. So, if you are contemplating doing bigger things then this may be the opportunity for you!

They should make sure people are more prepared before they come with certain items (speaker for classroom, all the necessary clothes for teaching, any home comforts that you may miss) . A pre-packing checklist would be nice to have. Also, letting people know they should check if their phones are unlocked, so they can get a Thai SIM card for their personal phone.
Elizabeth

Incredible Program in an Incredible Location

I could not have chosen a better way to begin my experience teaching in Thailand than to train with the TEFL Heaven program. The program's aim was to give us the tools that we would need as certified TEFL teachers, then to assist us in finding an agency to provide us with a teaching position. The program did all this and more. My experience in Thailand was shaped by the way that TEFL Heaven welcomed me to this beautiful country. Prior to beginning the course, the company itself made my preparation and arrival easier than I had imagined. There was always someone to contact to answer any questions and clear up any confusion. In regards to visas and travel documents, assistance and guidance were always readily available. The training course itself was an enlightening experience and beneficial in that it provided me with the tools I needed to be the best TEFL teacher I could be. We were taught not only teaching skills that could prepare you for any situation, but also how to acclimate to a new life in a new culture. It helped that while gaining the knowledge needed to teach in a foreign country, we were living on a breathtaking island in a bungalow, fully immersing ourselves in our new home. Taking on a new job in a new environment can be daunting, but TEFL Heaven made sure that we were comfortable, providing any tools necessary and made it an overall enjoyable experience.

Stef

Great time with TEFL Heaven - Koh Chang

I thoroughly enjoyed my three week program with TEFL Heaven! They ensured my pre-planning was as painless as possible and helped me so much once I was in Thailand. The course was fun and insightful, and I can honestly say after teaching for 2 months that the experience on my feet with TEFL Heaven was invaluable. They help you prepare for being up in front of a class. Obviously there is a lot to learn in 3 weeks, but they structure the program so that nights and weekends are often free to explore or relax. Koh Chang was gorgeous and I'll never forget my time in the program. The people I met became family and I'm glad to have a network throughout Thailand as support and company!

I personally have to structure my own curriculum and create tests at my school. This is not common of all Thai schools, but I would have loved some more guidance in that way. TEFL Heaven does teach you plenty about structuring lessons, which is hugely helpful!
Hollie

Tefl Heaven - Thailand Internship 2017

I can honestly recommend this programme - and already have recommended it to the countless friends who have watched me post photos about my time here, and have asked how they can do the same!

I'll honestly say that the whole experience will cost you a fair bit of money, but you would need to save money to travel anyway - and at least with the job gaurantee, you know you will be making a salary down the line.

If anything I wished this course was longer than the 3 weeks, which is testament to how enjoyable it was and how valuable the classroom time/time with TEFL teachers was. This course really stands out because of the excellent contribution the TEFL tutors make - they are there to teach you, to inspire you, but they also offer emotional support, advice on living/working in Thailand and they make you feel safe and secure whilst away from home. I knew that if I had any problems I could ask the tutors for help, or also just drop TEFL Heaven a quick email and they'd be more than happy to help me.

Only issues were with accommodation on the island, which I hear TEFL Heaven are reviewing.
John

Greatest 120-hour TEFL Certification

In April 2017 I spent 3 weeks on the island of Koh Chang in Thailand working toward my 120-hour classroom based TEFL certification with a group of around 20 others. While researching for the best ways to get my TEFL certificate I looked at several other companies that promised they were the best way to complete the certification with online courses. I almost booked myself onto one of these courses and in hindsight I'm glad that I didn't.

The best thing about the TEFL Heaven course is that the tuition is classroom based and you also have an opportunity to experience classroom life in Thailand at an English camp for a few days during the course. Now that I'm a teacher in Thailand I realise that if I hadn't taken part in the TEFL Heaven course I wouldn't have been able to handle classroom life here. An online certification seems convenient and sure, it's probably less expensive but the benefits of the TEFL Heaven certification are more than worth the extra cost. It's definitely an investment that I was more than happy to pay.

If you are considering teaching in Thailand and are looking at more than a few courses to gain your certification, seriously consider TEFL Heaven. You won't regret it.

Jade

TEFL in Heaven

Before I came to Thailand, I had never been to Asia, or taught a single lesson in my life. I was rightly terrified! All I knew for sure was that I really wanted to give it a try - even if I didn't know the exact reason why.

TEFL Heaven provide the unique opportunity to complete 3 weeks of TEFL training in a paradise location in Thailand. This means not only do you learn how to become a good teacher, but you get to do it with an ocean view and a group of brilliantly unique, yet refreshingly like-minded people. There's a sense of authenticity in that you get to complete the training in the country you plan on working - particularly when it comes to the English Camp days. The opportunity to get in a classroom before the real work started was invaluable to my confidence in becoming a teacher.

The main benefits of training with TEFL Heaven was the chance to immerse myself into the culture before starting work, meeting a group of people all in the same position as me, the opportunity to learn some basic Thai, and the opportunity to explore the country I planned on living in for the next 6 months.

If you're thinking about teaching in Thailand, stop thinking and start doing. You can always go home, but you may not always have the opportunity to leave home and do this. I just finished my 6th week of teaching and I'm not looking back. This doesn't feel like work to me, it feels like a good life. Let TEFL Heaven help you take care of all the preliminary tricky stuff that comes with relocating to another country, and it's mostly smooth sailing from there. You won't regret it!

Kristen

TEFL Heaven Thailand

I was on the Koh Chang program in April 2017 and it was the best decision I've ever made. I was terrified at the thought of 1) moving to Asia and 2) teaching children that could not understand me. But, this program helped me gain confidence for both of those things. I woke up every day on a beach surrounded by new and amazing friends. I went to 'class' that felt more like hanging out and playing games. During this I learned how to actually teach English and gained a lot of practical information. But, aside from TEFL, I also gained a lot in terms of living in Thailand. I formed a group of friends that I continue to stay in contact with and have been my family out here. I've also learned invaluable culture and language tips that have made life so much easier. I can't thank TEFL Heaven enough for this experience and making my transition to Thailand so smooth. I would recommend them 100%.

Michelle

TEFL Heaven

Travelling to Thailand to complete my TEFL training was a little overwhelming because it was my first time leaving my home country and I was doing it alone. However, I am happy to say that it was the best decision I have ever made. The TEFL Heaven program was amazing because it fully prepared me for teaching while also giving me an amazing support system from my fellow trainees. The program was very hands-on and the trainers were full of great advice and positive feedback. Even though we were training everyday for three weeks, it felt like we were on vacation since we were living on a paradise island. It was absolutely beautiful and I was sad to leave, but I am loving the town I'm living and teaching in now.

A lot of the focus was on teaching older students. I am currently teaching preschool/kindergarten and I think it would have been helpful to provide more resources for that age group.
Siobhan

TEFL Heaven Thailand

The TEFL Heaven Internships Thailand program was extremely helpful in preparing me for teaching English my first semester. TEFL Heaven provided invaluable in person classroom experience and followed through with their guaranteed job placement.

Not only did I learn all the skills I needed throughout the three week course, but the TEFL Heaven programs are an excellent place to meet other people and network with other soon to be English teachers in Thailand! After completing the program, you will undeniably have made lifelong friends and travel buddies. I can't imagine having come to Thailand alone after completing the program. Additionally, TEFL Heaven makes an effort to place trainees in small groups in their teaching locations, so you will have some familiar, friendly faces nearby, and probably at your school.

Thanks TEFL Heaven!

I would have liked to learn more about differences in teaching different ages.
Adam

TEFL Heaven Koh Pho Ngan

TEFL Heaven was a beautiful experience. The location, the curriculum, and the people made it magical. I felt accomplished and ready to get into a Thai classroom after graduation. The content of the curriculum had a flow, starting from the basics of teacher etiquette to the depths of English grammar and discipline techniques. The environment was serious, yet so fun and playful. It has been a month since beginning my teaching career. The highlight of my teaching thus far has been the students, the energy that they bring, and the relationships that I have fostered with them, already, within 3 weeks. It's fascinating...the relationship is quite different than anything I have experienced. I don't speak Thai, and they don't speak much English; so there's inherently a sense of distance between me and my students. However, despite the lack of "real" communication, I feel as ever connected with them. It is authentic as it gets. My relationship grows through gestures, eye contact, smiles, and the words I have taught them. It is rewarding and TEFL Heaven really prepared me for that, and I am so ever thankful.

Katie

Best experience in Thailand so far

TEFL Heaven is the best program you could choose when it comes to TEFL training. The benefits from this course really are invaluable to your teaching career and you will draw things you learnt from TEFL into your teaching every single day. Not only do you get to train on a paradise island, you also get to make friends for life. You're surrounded by like-minded people who are there for you to lean on as they are in the exact same boat as you are. These will be the only people you know in the entire country; living in a country foreign to your own can be lonely sometimes so it's paramount you make some friends- with TEFL Heaven, these friends will be like your family. The classroom experience TEFL Heaven provides really is invaluable; every single day you will be planning lessons, activities and games and presenting them to your peers and trainers which is a huge confidence boost and readies you for teaching. The trainers are fantastic and are constantly on hand to offer advice both in teaching and living in Thailand in general, they are so helpful. You get thai lessons on the course which is super important; I couldn't get by in my town if I didn't know basic Thai (like ordering food, asking how much things are and directions for taxi drivers). The guaranteed job placement is a relief as it takes the complicated job search away from you and your agency will help with every step of visa and work permit process so it really is easy.

English camp is where you get thrown in at the deep end, but trust me when I say this is what you need to be ready for your classroom. It is overwhelming at first but when your nerves calm you realise TEFL have given you the tools and knowledge to succeed which is really reassuring. I use game ideas, classroom management techniques given to me by TEFL Heaven every single day, without this course I would never have had a chance of being a good teacher.

Thank you TEFL Heaven!

Fran

Take the risk

I decided to take a risk and attend the TEFL Thailand training in Koh Phangnan. I will say I was a bit nervous because there are a lot of teaching abroad scams but I went with it anyway. For the most part, TEFL Heaven was really well organized and communicative. Considering the many moving parts of this program they really tried their best to move the process along, and ensure that we had a great time doing so.

PROS
Getting an online certificate isn't enough. It's very important to get the in-classroom experience alongside the local culture. This can avoid a lot of culture shock. When I made it to the agency (that I was placed at) orientation you could easily distinguish between those who were well trained (within a classroom setting) and those who weren't.

We were lucky enough to be taught by experienced teachers that provided us with a no bs perspective on teaching in Thailand. I don't think I would've gotten the low and dirty if I didn't hear it from the horses mouth.

You had to teach, from the minute you got there, oftentimes on the fly with little preparation. This was a valuable experience.

We learned a lot of useful games, teaching techniques and formats and we got an awesome lesson in learning Thai.

Free breakfast and discounted lunch!

OVERALL
I highly recommend the TEFL experience, just be flexible and open, save your money (because you can easily run out), and have a great time. Although I was a lot older than my classmates, over time we both were experiencing the same circumstances and the same challenges. Awesome way to meet people from all over the world!

CONS
Our trainers left in the midst of the course. That jarred me and made me nervous, granted they've been teaching non-stop for quite some time. This isn't a vacation, this is actual work and the possibility of burnout exists like any other profession. But till this day I wonder if there was more to it.

The accommodations that we were staying in had tons of cleanliness issues. My expectations were low, but if you have terrible allergies then you won't make it. I was fighting mold, dust and anything else that existed. I didn't spend a lot of time there as a result. But it depends on your standards. I wasn't expecting a Westernized experience but I was hoping for some level of cleanliness.

A bit more focus on learning how to teach different levels.

There are times in which things were a bit disorganized.
Response from TEFL Heaven

Hi Fran,

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review :) We're really sorry your training course was affected by trainers leaving. The reason behind this is they had never trained before but were confident teachers. They hadn't had a break since finishing school and went straight from teaching at school to training a group of 23 TEFL trainees on our program. We contacted them and they said they could not do it any more as they were burning out and just wanted a break.

This was the first of us hearing they were actually struggling. So they said they would stay until we found a replacement. I did, and they left the next day.

We've taken on board your comments also about the cleanliness of accommodation, and we'll be sure to pass this on to the hotel!

We're glad to hear you were happy with our service, and you'd recommend our programs to others :)

Kind regards,
Charlie - The TEFL Heaven Team

Heather

Awesomeness

If you are at all considering teaching abroad, especially in Thailand, you would be silly to choose any other program than TEFL Heaven. The experience I had far exceeded anything I could have imagined. I spent three weeks in paradise on a beautiful island with the most chill and awesome people I have ever met. Everyone was so creative and inspiring, and always had a unique perspective or comment to add during discussions in training. Especially the trainers! They provide you with adequate information, materials, tools, and insider tips about teaching in Thailand that you cannot get elsewhere! I never expected to learn so much in such a short period of time. Not only do they prepare you professionally, they help you adjust to moving across the world to a place completely foreign to you. They are extremely supportive and empathetic to the feelings of nervousness, not being sure if you made the right decision to come, or even feeling inadequate about your abilities. They remind you WHY you did this in the first place and give you the boost of confidence you need on those harder days. It also is completely hands-on from day one. Nothing like the classrooms you remember from your formal schooling. TEFL Heaven gave me memories I will carry with me for a lifetime and always hold close to my heart. There were countless days I laughed until I physically could not breathe. You will not regret choosing TEFL Heaven, they are the absolute best, and extremely affordable for all that they offer. No worries about anything, trust me. Pure awesomeness all around.

Response from TEFL Heaven

Hi Heather,
Thank you so much for leaving us such a lovely review :) We're so happy you had a brilliant time, and it can only be made possible with amazing people like you!
Kind regards,
Charlie - The TEFL Heaven Team

About TEFL Heaven

Since 2007 TEFL Heaven (formerly Experience Teaching Abroad) has assisted university graduates and non-graduates to secure quality teaching placements abroad. We pride ourselves on being a fun and personable company who like to actively engage with...