TEFL Heaven Internships Thailand

TEFL Heaven Internships Thailand

TEFL Heaven in the UK and Thailand provide the very popular TEFL Heaven Internships Thailand Program.

Starting with TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) training in a paradise location and ending with a fully salaried TEFL job in Thailand, it's no wonder that more than 120 candidates train and teach on this program.

We have trained over 600 candidates in 5 years on this program, with a maximum of 24 candidates per training session. With many trainees around the same age (in their twenties or early thirties) on one course it means making friends is easy. We train teachers every 6 months in the months of April and September each year, just before the start of each term.

Teaching placements last one school term of around 5 months, making in the whole about 6 months of the program. If you want to stay longer, just renew your contract with the school. See out website for more details.

Once you have completed your training you will then go straight to your paid teaching role where you will be earning between 25-30,000 THB providing you with a very comfortable lifestyle that will enable you to travel, explore and see the very best of Thailand and it's surrounding countries.

Training + Certification + Full Support + Guaranteed Paid Job - Sounds like heaven?

Asia » Thailand
Teaching Practicum
Training Type
Classroom
Training Length
120hours
Job Placement

With TEFL Heaven, Asia teachers are required to be from the age of 20 - 55 years old. In Latin America and Europe you would be required to be between the ages of 18 and 65.
Yes. It says on the website: FOR THOSE WITHOUT A BACHELORS DEGREE If you do not have a bachelors degree you can receive a guaranteed paid teaching job on this program: PUERTO VALLARTA & PAID JOB MEXICO If you have not yet acquired your bachelors degree yet, but are still studying, you are also eligible for the guaranteed paid teaching job, as long as you get your degree certificate sent to you onc...

• Benefits
  • Facilities
  • Instruction
  • Difficulty
  • Job Assistance

Tyler
University of California- Santa Barbara

TEFL Heaven - Koh Chang April 2017

When deciding what program to choose for this journey of my life, I was highly drawn to the TEFL Heaven internship program. The main points that were important for me is that the company was reputable, they were supportive, and they guaranteed a job after the training. TEFL Heaven hits the ball out of the park on all of those points!

The three week training course on Koh Chang was an intensive crash course on becoming a teacher that concluded on going to an English Camp and teaching lessons to real kids. I can say that I was very shy about talking in front of groups before I joined onto this course. Now after two months of teaching that shyness has flown out the window. In the very beginning of the course they put you in the hot seat to perform under pressure, which is a quality that every teacher has to have - especially in a foreign country.

My favorite experiences during the training course were the day trips we did on the weekends with our big group. It was a nice chance to hang out and get to know the fellow TEFL trainees and the TEFL trainers. After a long week of training, some fun in the sun is much needed every weekend.

I don't think I'll ever be the same person after this because now the travel bug has bitten me. Before the TEFL course, I was working the standard 8 - 5pm office job and that wasn't the life that I wanted for myself. So, if you are contemplating doing bigger things then this may be the opportunity for you!

They should make sure people are more prepared before they come with certain items (speaker for classroom, all the necessary clothes for teaching, any home comforts that you may miss) . A pre-packing checklist would be nice to have. Also, letting people know they should check if their phones are unlocked, so they can get a Thai SIM card for their personal phone.

Elizabeth
Nakom Prathom, Thailand
College of Charleston

Incredible Program in an Incredible Location

I could not have chosen a better way to begin my experience teaching in Thailand than to train with the TEFL Heaven program. The program's aim was to give us the tools that we would need as certified TEFL teachers, then to assist us in finding an agency to provide us with a teaching position. The program did all this and more. My experience in Thailand was shaped by the way that TEFL Heaven welcomed me to this beautiful country. Prior to beginning the course, the company itself made my preparation and arrival easier than I had imagined. There was always someone to contact to answer any questions and clear up any confusion. In regards to visas and travel documents, assistance and guidance were always readily available. The training course itself was an enlightening experience and beneficial in that it provided me with the tools I needed to be the best TEFL teacher I could be. We were taught not only teaching skills that could prepare you for any situation, but also how to acclimate to a new life in a new culture. It helped that while gaining the knowledge needed to teach in a foreign country, we were living on a breathtaking island in a bungalow, fully immersing ourselves in our new home. Taking on a new job in a new environment can be daunting, but TEFL Heaven made sure that we were comfortable, providing any tools necessary and made it an overall enjoyable experience.

Stef

Great time with TEFL Heaven - Koh Chang

I thoroughly enjoyed my three week program with TEFL Heaven! They ensured my pre-planning was as painless as possible and helped me so much once I was in Thailand. The course was fun and insightful, and I can honestly say after teaching for 2 months that the experience on my feet with TEFL Heaven was invaluable. They help you prepare for being up in front of a class. Obviously there is a lot to learn in 3 weeks, but they structure the program so that nights and weekends are often free to explore or relax. Koh Chang was gorgeous and I'll never forget my time in the program. The people I met became family and I'm glad to have a network throughout Thailand as support and company!

I personally have to structure my own curriculum and create tests at my school. This is not common of all Thai schools, but I would have loved some more guidance in that way. TEFL Heaven does teach you plenty about structuring lessons, which is hugely helpful!

Hollie
Thailand
Robert Gordon University

Tefl Heaven - Thailand Internship 2017

I can honestly recommend this programme - and already have recommended it to the countless friends who have watched me post photos about my time here, and have asked how they can do the same!

I'll honestly say that the whole experience will cost you a fair bit of money, but you would need to save money to travel anyway - and at least with the job gaurantee, you know you will be making a salary down the line.

If anything I wished this course was longer than the 3 weeks, which is testament to how enjoyable it was and how valuable the classroom time/time with TEFL teachers was. This course really stands out because of the excellent contribution the TEFL tutors make - they are there to teach you, to inspire you, but they also offer emotional support, advice on living/working in Thailand and they make you feel safe and secure whilst away from home. I knew that if I had any problems I could ask the tutors for help, or also just drop TEFL Heaven a quick email and they'd be more than happy to help me.

Only issues were with accommodation on the island, which I hear TEFL Heaven are reviewing.

John

Greatest 120-hour TEFL Certification

In April 2017 I spent 3 weeks on the island of Koh Chang in Thailand working toward my 120-hour classroom based TEFL certification with a group of around 20 others. While researching for the best ways to get my TEFL certificate I looked at several other companies that promised they were the best way to complete the certification with online courses. I almost booked myself onto one of these courses and in hindsight I'm glad that I didn't.

The best thing about the TEFL Heaven course is that the tuition is classroom based and you also have an opportunity to experience classroom life in Thailand at an English camp for a few days during the course. Now that I'm a teacher in Thailand I realise that if I hadn't taken part in the TEFL Heaven course I wouldn't have been able to handle classroom life here. An online certification seems convenient and sure, it's probably less expensive but the benefits of the TEFL Heaven certification are more than worth the extra cost. It's definitely an investment that I was more than happy to pay.

If you are considering teaching in Thailand and are looking at more than a few courses to gain your certification, seriously consider TEFL Heaven. You won't regret it.

Jade

TEFL in Heaven

Before I came to Thailand, I had never been to Asia, or taught a single lesson in my life. I was rightly terrified! All I knew for sure was that I really wanted to give it a try - even if I didn't know the exact reason why.

TEFL Heaven provide the unique opportunity to complete 3 weeks of TEFL training in a paradise location in Thailand. This means not only do you learn how to become a good teacher, but you get to do it with an ocean view and a group of brilliantly unique, yet refreshingly like-minded people. There's a sense of authenticity in that you get to complete the training in the country you plan on working - particularly when it comes to the English Camp days. The opportunity to get in a classroom before the real work started was invaluable to my confidence in becoming a teacher.

The main benefits of training with TEFL Heaven was the chance to immerse myself into the culture before starting work, meeting a group of people all in the same position as me, the opportunity to learn some basic Thai, and the opportunity to explore the country I planned on living in for the next 6 months.

If you're thinking about teaching in Thailand, stop thinking and start doing. You can always go home, but you may not always have the opportunity to leave home and do this. I just finished my 6th week of teaching and I'm not looking back. This doesn't feel like work to me, it feels like a good life. Let TEFL Heaven help you take care of all the preliminary tricky stuff that comes with relocating to another country, and it's mostly smooth sailing from there. You won't regret it!

Kristen
Temple University

TEFL Heaven Thailand

I was on the Koh Chang program in April 2017 and it was the best decision I've ever made. I was terrified at the thought of 1) moving to Asia and 2) teaching children that could not understand me. But, this program helped me gain confidence for both of those things. I woke up every day on a beach surrounded by new and amazing friends. I went to 'class' that felt more like hanging out and playing games. During this I learned how to actually teach English and gained a lot of practical information. But, aside from TEFL, I also gained a lot in terms of living in Thailand. I formed a group of friends that I continue to stay in contact with and have been my family out here. I've also learned invaluable culture and language tips that have made life so much easier. I can't thank TEFL Heaven enough for this experience and making my transition to Thailand so smooth. I would recommend them 100%.

Michelle
Thailand
University of Delaware

TEFL Heaven

Travelling to Thailand to complete my TEFL training was a little overwhelming because it was my first time leaving my home country and I was doing it alone. However, I am happy to say that it was the best decision I have ever made. The TEFL Heaven program was amazing because it fully prepared me for teaching while also giving me an amazing support system from my fellow trainees. The program was very hands-on and the trainers were full of great advice and positive feedback. Even though we were training everyday for three weeks, it felt like we were on vacation since we were living on a paradise island. It was absolutely beautiful and I was sad to leave, but I am loving the town I'm living and teaching in now.

A lot of the focus was on teaching older students. I am currently teaching preschool/kindergarten and I think it would have been helpful to provide more resources for that age group.

Siobhan
University of California- Santa Barbara

TEFL Heaven Thailand

The TEFL Heaven Internships Thailand program was extremely helpful in preparing me for teaching English my first semester. TEFL Heaven provided invaluable in person classroom experience and followed through with their guaranteed job placement.

Not only did I learn all the skills I needed throughout the three week course, but the TEFL Heaven programs are an excellent place to meet other people and network with other soon to be English teachers in Thailand! After completing the program, you will undeniably have made lifelong friends and travel buddies. I can't imagine having come to Thailand alone after completing the program. Additionally, TEFL Heaven makes an effort to place trainees in small groups in their teaching locations, so you will have some familiar, friendly faces nearby, and probably at your school.

Thanks TEFL Heaven!

I would have liked to learn more about differences in teaching different ages.

Adam
University of Southern California

TEFL Heaven Koh Pho Ngan

TEFL Heaven was a beautiful experience. The location, the curriculum, and the people made it magical. I felt accomplished and ready to get into a Thai classroom after graduation. The content of the curriculum had a flow, starting from the basics of teacher etiquette to the depths of English grammar and discipline techniques. The environment was serious, yet so fun and playful. It has been a month since beginning my teaching career. The highlight of my teaching thus far has been the students, the energy that they bring, and the relationships that I have fostered with them, already, within 3 weeks. It's fascinating...the relationship is quite different than anything I have experienced. I don't speak Thai, and they don't speak much English; so there's inherently a sense of distance between me and my students. However, despite the lack of "real" communication, I feel as ever connected with them. It is authentic as it gets. My relationship grows through gestures, eye contact, smiles, and the words I have taught them. It is rewarding and TEFL Heaven really prepared me for that, and I am so ever thankful.

Katie
Bangkok, Thailand
University of Huddersfield

Best experience in Thailand so far

TEFL Heaven is the best program you could choose when it comes to TEFL training. The benefits from this course really are invaluable to your teaching career and you will draw things you learnt from TEFL into your teaching every single day. Not only do you get to train on a paradise island, you also get to make friends for life. You're surrounded by like-minded people who are there for you to lean on as they are in the exact same boat as you are. These will be the only people you know in the entire country; living in a country foreign to your own can be lonely sometimes so it's paramount you make some friends- with TEFL Heaven, these friends will be like your family. The classroom experience TEFL Heaven provides really is invaluable; every single day you will be planning lessons, activities and games and presenting them to your peers and trainers which is a huge confidence boost and readies you for teaching. The trainers are fantastic and are constantly on hand to offer advice both in teaching and living in Thailand in general, they are so helpful. You get thai lessons on the course which is super important; I couldn't get by in my town if I didn't know basic Thai (like ordering food, asking how much things are and directions for taxi drivers). The guaranteed job placement is a relief as it takes the complicated job search away from you and your agency will help with every step of visa and work permit process so it really is easy.

English camp is where you get thrown in at the deep end, but trust me when I say this is what you need to be ready for your classroom. It is overwhelming at first but when your nerves calm you realise TEFL have given you the tools and knowledge to succeed which is really reassuring. I use game ideas, classroom management techniques given to me by TEFL Heaven every single day, without this course I would never have had a chance of being a good teacher.

Thank you TEFL Heaven!

Fran
Last known whereabouts D.C.
Simmons College

Take the risk

I decided to take a risk and attend the TEFL Thailand training in Koh Phangnan. I will say I was a bit nervous because there are a lot of teaching abroad scams but I went with it anyway. For the most part, TEFL Heaven was really well organized and communicative. Considering the many moving parts of this program they really tried their best to move the process along, and ensure that we had a great time doing so.

PROS
Getting an online certificate isn't enough. It's very important to get the in-classroom experience alongside the local culture. This can avoid a lot of culture shock. When I made it to the agency (that I was placed at) orientation you could easily distinguish between those who were well trained (within a classroom setting) and those who weren't.

We were lucky enough to be taught by experienced teachers that provided us with a no bs perspective on teaching in Thailand. I don't think I would've gotten the low and dirty if I didn't hear it from the horses mouth.

You had to teach, from the minute you got there, oftentimes on the fly with little preparation. This was a valuable experience.

We learned a lot of useful games, teaching techniques and formats and we got an awesome lesson in learning Thai.

Free breakfast and discounted lunch!

OVERALL
I highly recommend the TEFL experience, just be flexible and open, save your money (because you can easily run out), and have a great time. Although I was a lot older than my classmates, over time we both were experiencing the same circumstances and the same challenges. Awesome way to meet people from all over the world!

CONS
Our trainers left in the midst of the course. That jarred me and made me nervous, granted they've been teaching non-stop for quite some time. This isn't a vacation, this is actual work and the possibility of burnout exists like any other profession. But till this day I wonder if there was more to it.

The accommodations that we were staying in had tons of cleanliness issues. My expectations were low, but if you have terrible allergies then you won't make it. I was fighting mold, dust and anything else that existed. I didn't spend a lot of time there as a result. But it depends on your standards. I wasn't expecting a Westernized experience but I was hoping for some level of cleanliness.

A bit more focus on learning how to teach different levels.

There are times in which things were a bit disorganized.

Response from TEFL Heaven

Hi Fran,

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review :) We're really sorry your training course was affected by trainers leaving. The reason behind this is they had never trained before but were confident teachers. They hadn't had a break since finishing school and went straight from teaching at school to training a group of 23 TEFL trainees on our program. We contacted them and they said they could not do it any more as they were burning out and just wanted a break.

This was the first of us hearing they were actually struggling. So they said they would stay until we found a replacement. I did, and they left the next day.

We've taken on board your comments also about the cleanliness of accommodation, and we'll be sure to pass this on to the hotel!

We're glad to hear you were happy with our service, and you'd recommend our programs to others :)

Heather
Carmel
Indiana University- Bloomington

Awesomeness

If you are at all considering teaching abroad, especially in Thailand, you would be silly to choose any other program than TEFL Heaven. The experience I had far exceeded anything I could have imagined. I spent three weeks in paradise on a beautiful island with the most chill and awesome people I have ever met. Everyone was so creative and inspiring, and always had a unique perspective or comment to add during discussions in training. Especially the trainers! They provide you with adequate information, materials, tools, and insider tips about teaching in Thailand that you cannot get elsewhere! I never expected to learn so much in such a short period of time. Not only do they prepare you professionally, they help you adjust to moving across the world to a place completely foreign to you. They are extremely supportive and empathetic to the feelings of nervousness, not being sure if you made the right decision to come, or even feeling inadequate about your abilities. They remind you WHY you did this in the first place and give you the boost of confidence you need on those harder days. It also is completely hands-on from day one. Nothing like the classrooms you remember from your formal schooling. TEFL Heaven gave me memories I will carry with me for a lifetime and always hold close to my heart. There were countless days I laughed until I physically could not breathe. You will not regret choosing TEFL Heaven, they are the absolute best, and extremely affordable for all that they offer. No worries about anything, trust me. Pure awesomeness all around.

Response from TEFL Heaven

Hi Heather,
Thank you so much for leaving us such a lovely review :) We're so happy you had a brilliant time, and it can only be made possible with amazing people like you!

Tira
Los Angeles, CA
University of Oregon

Spectacular program!

I searched and searched online while looking into which program to take my TEFL course with to teach in Thailand. I could not be happier with my decision to go with TEFL Heaven. The program is very organized and practical. I learned a lot to prepare me to teach and met over 20 absolutely beautiful souls that made the entire course so worth it! Teaching abroad can be very overwhelming, and TEFL Heaven took all of the stress out of it! They found me a fantastic company who provided me with a job which I love, and I have lifelong friends who I can meet up with on the weekends and explore Thailand together! I cannot recommend this program more! If you're thinking about it, do it!

Response from TEFL Heaven

Hi Tira,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of the program :) We're super happy you chose us too and that you had a brilliant time training and working in Thailand!

Sacha
Peterborough, United Kingdom

Tefl Heaven Koh Samui

The three weeks of training was a great combination of intense training, socialising and exploring the beautiful island of Koh Samui! As soon as I booked onto the course I had a constant flow of support. It is comforting that now, almost a month after the course has finished I still know that I can contact the TEFL heaven team if I ever need help with anything.

-Training aimed at teaching higher skilled students
-Felt that the topics covered were all very basic, primary subjects e.g colors, numbers
-My school is a very high level secondary school covering alot of grammar
-Less games throughout the course and more learning how to teach
-I wish that we got taught different ways to assess students

Response from TEFL Heaven

Hi Sacha,
Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review! You're right, you can get in touch with us at any time, and if we can help then of course we will!
I've given the feedback re the course content to the trainers and Directors now, so will be taken on board. Thanks for the feedback, it's always good to know where we can improve!

Charlie

Boulder, Colorado
University of Colorado- Boulder

A lifetime of memories and knowledge.

I can't explain how happy I am with the decision to take this course. Fresh out of college, I had such a huge desire to travel but to do it in a way that would give back to the community and this course has truly allowed that to happen. I had previous teaching experience but never in a formal setting, and may I just say that this course truly does educate you. Although, it can seem like a lot of information all at once, the TEFL teachers are there every step of the way to help guide you. Each day is beneficial not only because of the content you learn for teaching students but because of the added bonus that you learn first hand the culture of Thailand from people who have already experienced it. I'm so glad I didn't take a TEFL course back in the United States because I really don't think it could have prepared me for this amazingly unique country. Through the course I was able to get a better understanding of aspects of teaching English in Thailand that a general TEFL course in the U.S. wouldn't have been able to provide. Beyond the course material itself, the staff and trainers are phenomenal, and do everything to make you feel comfortable. Even when a few of us got sick (it's bond to happen), they took care of us, translated to pharmacists what we needed, and in the rare occasion rushed us to the doctors. It's scary starting a new career, but what you learn a long the way, and who you meet in the process of the course changes you. If your'e having doubts, DON'T, if you are accepted to the program jump right in and enjoy the ride, you truly won't regret it.

I had no personal problems. I know a few others were disappointed with their teaching location, but they were quickly transferred to somewhere they felt happier with! If anything I would have loved more lesson ideas for kids whose English level is quite high.

Response from TEFL Heaven

Hi Summer,
Thanks for leaving us such a lovely review :) I'm glad you had a great time with us!
We've taken on board the feedback about teaching those with a higher level of English, and this will be worked on! We value feedback highly, and this will help us improve for sure.
Charlie

Nicole
Colorado

Strong Program

TEFL Heaven made moving to Thailand and becoming a teacher an easy transition. Their staff answers emails quickly and helps you in whatever way they can. The TEFL training gives you enough support and guidance for you to teach and prepare lessons on your own. They placed me at a great school that has a great campus, friendly Thai and foreign teachers, A/C, and cute, energetic kids. Getting a visa and moving to a new country has never been easier. Confidence and an open attitude are needed.

It would be nice to teach kids more than one day

Rochelle

TEFL Heaven - amazing!!!

First of all, I would like to give a special thanks to Mike and Kate for their continuous support throughout my teaching placement, as well as a big thanks to my TEFL Heaven trainer Kelly.

If you are considering being a teacher I would highly recommend undertaking the TEFL Heaven course. I joined the 2016 Krabi training in September and cannot begin to emphasise how much I have grown since.

The weeks of intense training are a perfect blend of learning new techniques, teaching preparation, social life and many fun activities. We were given the opportunity to carry out our lessons as well as join summer camps! It has been a once in a lifetime experience that everybody deserves to be part of.

I have made friends for life and couldn't be happier with the school I am working at. Thank you TEFL Heaven from saving me from a 9-5 deka job and reigniting my love and passion for teaching and learning!

Briana
Groton, Massachusetts

Amazing Experience in TEFLHeaven Krabi 2016

I had a wonderful experience while participating in TEFLHeaven Krabi October 2016.

Pros:

4. Krabi is gorgeous and has decent nightlife. It's nearby a lot of fun islands to visit as well (Go to Phi Phi for a weekend, so fun!). Also, our hotel was clean and beautiful.

3. This program is intensely social. It's perfect for someone who has just graduated college and doesn't have a ton of travel experience (you'll likely befriend someone who will become your travel buddy). It's not so perfect for my fellow independent introverts, but you have down time every day that you can use to escape and explore the town on your own, and it's certainly nice to always have the option to be with others.

2. The manual used by this course is particularly good. It includes sections on Classroom Management, how a Language Teacher differs from a Traditional Teacher, how to Present Vocabulary and Grammar, how to Lesson Plan, how to teach to different Learning Styles, and basically every major topic every new teacher should be taught.

1. Our Main Trainer Kelly was out of this world phenomenal. Krabi could be a miserable place (it's not) and I would still recommend you select the Krabi location JUST to be taught by Kelly. Seriously, she's that amazing. I taught for two years in the USA before participating in this program and left American public education disappointed. Kelly completely renewed my faith in myself as a teacher. She gave me so many teaching strategies and tools of the trade and inspired so much confidence (shout out to Kelly: real talk, you da literal best.)

Cons:
3. The wifi in our hotel was abysmal. If you use your phone frequently, my best advice is: buy a sim card at the airport and pay for the best internet you can get monthly (I have AIS and was on it virtually the entire time).

2. We happened to be in Krabi during a particularly rainy season, so we didn't get to be outside as much as we would have liked. Just luck of the draw!

1. If you want to have a good time, expect to spend. Yes, things are cheaper over here, but many people don't get their first paycheck until the first week of December. During your first month, you have to take care of food/any touring you would like to do and it's very easy to blow your budget. The second month requires even more money from you (food, bedding, deposits on housing, a motorbike (if the town you will be teaching in doesn't have a ton of public transportation), and whatever materials/necessities you can't live without.

Oh, also, prepare yourself mentally and emotionally for possibly loving it so much here that you never want to go home.

This program could be improved by serving free food on Welcome Day. :)

Elizabeth
Milwaukee
University of Wisconsin- Milwaukee

Do it!!!

Whether you want to travel, just finished school or bored with your job....this is an amazing experience that you will never forget! You will be certified to teach anywhere in the world and you will meet amazing people with like minded goals! The training from TEFL Heaven truly did prepare me to teach in a foreign country. My favorite was that they also taught you about the culture and the language. My first semester I taught in Ayutthaya and before I even got there I was able to speak many different phrases in Thai. The trainers are incredible and are never truly "off the clock." They are always there to help you whether it is about the course, something emotional or you ate weird street food and need a lift and a translator to the doctor. They helped train us and be ready to teach in Thailand as well as an emotional support system! Stop thinking about it and do it!

Teach more games that cater to when you have to teach larger (50+) children in a small classroom with desks, so no room for running or making a circle...etc.

Danielle
Scottsdale

Koh Phangan Best 3 weeks ever!!

How to begin?! These past 3 weeks have been nothing short of amazing. I did not know coming into this how much I would grow as a person. Of course I had hopes/ thoughts about it but really no expectations. From arriving to the welcome day social to the last couple days of the training, I had never felt so "in the right place". If you're wondering what you should do after college or just with your life... this is a great place to be. You might not do it forever, but it's an experience that challenges you and helps you grow in ways that you would never get from wherever you are from. My advice is to not rush into a job or lifestyle you didn't choose. Choose to do something more with your life. Don't settle. Moving across the world to teach English helps you define who you are more and more, while also being extremely rewarding. You have a long life ahead of you (hopefully) to work and do boring things. Not everyone gets the chance to do something like this, so if you are contemplating it.. I say GO FOR IT!!

Possibly being more realistic about where we will be placed from the beginning.

Luke
Brainerd, Minnesota
University of Wisconsin- Madison

The Best Three Weeks I've Had In a While

So after doing Semester at Sea in 2014, I figured I would never have an experience like it again. Then I did the TEFL Heaven Internship on Samui. I met some of the greatest people I will ever meet, learn some incredible things about teaching I wouldn't have learned anywhere else, and had the most fun I've had in a long time. The teachers and staff were amazing kind and fantastic (shout out to SUZE), the accommodations were wonderful (shoutout to MAMA at the Joy), the other students are now some of my best friends (shoutout to FAMUI), and I am so incredibly happy I decided to sign up for this program. If you are at all interesting in teaching English, getting your TEFL, and living in Thailand, then my goodness what are you doing reading this? Sign up, quickly! Go!!

Nichole
Westerly

If you're thinking about it, just do it!

I couldn't have had a better TEFL training experience--tell me about another program that gives you experience teaching local students, support from experienced trainers (who have usually done the TEFL Heaven program themselves), plus the chance to live on an island for three weeks! I had absolutely no teaching experience prior to my program but I feel like it gave me the skills I needed to start. Not only do you get to work at an English Camp and prepare lessons for real kids, but throughout the entire course (starting day one!) you'll teach each other as if you are students. It sounds a little silly, but I loved being able to see the ideas that my other trainees came up with that I get to use in my classes now. I feel confident in my abilities as a teacher, whereas had I just been thrown into my class I'd feel completely overwhelmed. The program is also fantastic due to the fact that I got to meet a group of like-minded, adventurous individuals that are all going through the same experience as I am. I know that I can count on any of them, and any of my trainers, for any questions, support, or advice I might need. Sure, you can take a course online...but why not just take the leap?

Emily
Gosport

BEST decision I have ever made!! If you are even thinking about it just do it, you won't regret it!

I had always wanted to come back to Thailand to embark on a change of career as a teacher. When I first arrived in Bangkok I had a moment of fear but once starting the course, meeting all the other lovely teachers and trainers all my worries subsided.

The course and people who have supported me throughout this process have been incredible and always went above and beyond all my expectations. I feel I have been well prepared from a teaching perspective as well as cultural and being able to fit into the Thai lifestyle.

I have learnt so much about myself throughout the course and my confidence has gone through the roof! On my first day thinking how could I go from almost no teaching experience to being responsible a classroom of children who may not even be able to speak English and being able to deliver an effective lesson but now I feel I am there and have all the right tools and mindset on how to be a good English teacher.

I am so grateful for everything TEFL heaven have done for me and if you are reading reviews trying to decide which programme to go with (i2i, studying at home etc.) I would 100% tell you to go with TEFL heaven. They set you up for life here like no one else can and you will love it from the moment you arrive!

I cannot think of a single bad thing to say about my experience thus far.

Yes you will have your moments, its Thailand of course! But TEFl heaven are incredibly supportive and no matter what will always just be an email, call or LINE away which is so reassuring.

Madeleine
Masterton, New Zealand

Expectations exceeded

I had looked into doing a TEFL course for years and didn’t stumble across TEFL Heaven until the last minute. I’m so thankful that I did! Have just spent the last three weeks in a nice hotel in Phuket getting qualified. We had fantastic trainers and I’m feeling ready to take on the Thai students for real. The course is super practical and all about sharing ideas and activities to build up a bank of lessons to take to your school, of course there is a little theory thrown in there too. The main man, Mike, was always on the other end of the phone to help if you had any issues, but really there were none because the trainers had it down. I’m very happy I decided to do a face-to-face TEFL course as opposed to one online and would 100% recommend TEFL Heaven to anyone interested in teaching English overseas. Not only is the course great, you also get to spend three weeks with 20 (ish) others you’ve never met before, I sure way to make friends if you’re taking this on alone.

Jay
London
University of Nottingham

My TEFL Heaven experience on Kata beach

THE best decision you could ever make! I can wholeheartedly recommend TEFL Heaven without any hesitation - this has been an incredible 3 weeks of my life and here's a few reasons why:

- the trainers were experienced, approachable and genuinely wanted us to do well (thank you Louise, Mary T and Dao!). They were also up late tending to anyone with illness and even made hospital runs (an allergic reaction just as you're about to give a lesson!)

- lots of opportunities for team bonding during the course with loads of games and competitions etc

- the location! A beautiful resort with a swimming pool a few hundred metres from the beach

- the course was well organised and the trainers or Mike were easily reached to sort out any problems (visas, placements etc)

- it was nice to have school placements sorted for us - a big weight of your shoulders

- most importantly, I have met an amazing group of people who I can now call my friends - I did the course on my own without knowing anyone and within the first day of arriving in Bangkok I had met 5 of my coursemates (tefl heaven set up a Facebook group weeks in advance to help everyone get to know each other) and knew instantly that I'd made the right decision

My one reservation for booking with TEFL heaven was the type of people that I might be doing the course with but they have all been amazing - I suppose it makes sense that you are going to meet like-minded people and that TEFL heaven have a good selection process for choosing people with a genuine interest in teaching and expanding their horizons.
So, if you've taken the time to read reviews on TEFL heaven then you're considering it-I would suggest you go and do it!

Hard to think of any negatives for the course - I feel ready to teach and am raring to go! The trainers were superb and helped everyone to settle in and get to know each other, whilst also aiding with understanding Thai culture. The hotel was amazing-it's going to be hard to get used to staying in hostels again :(
So overall, excellent value for money

Olivia
San Francisco, California

My Tefl Heaven Experience

The Tefl Heaven experienece has been one that will be looked upon as a wonderful experience that has given me life long memories and friendships. I would reccomend this opportunity to all who are looking to gain a professional life experience that will allow you to travel the world, and positivley touch people's lives. I've grown so much through this course and I'm so excited to start teaching! Thank you to my all Tefl Trainers and to the whole Tefl Heaven company for making this one of the best choices I've made!!

Ella
Wootton Bassett

Tefl heaven Samui

If you're unsure on whether to do a TEFL course online or spend a bit more and have quality face to face training on a paradise island, I can say that this TEFL course is worth every penny. The guidance and support from the whole TEFL Heaven team has been invaluable and you never feel in the dark. Training and living on Samui for 3 weeks was incredible- the teaching from our main trainer Suzanne was first class and there was nothing better than finishing a long day of training by unwinding on the beach. I had the most amazing time exploring the island on our weekends off and it made me so excited knowing that this was going to become part of my reality. I am absolutely loving my time here so far- teaching is very rewarding and there's nothing better than spending my weekends exploring Thailand with the most incredible people I met through training. Moving country and starting a new job is very daunting, but I feel that TEFL Heaven have done their best to make the transition as smooth as possible. It's also very reassuring to know that I could email or phone any of the team from TEFL Heaven and they would do their upmost to help. Thanks for everything!

Along with the visa fees and other costs, maybe a warning that you will be living off of half a months wages for the first month. This could allow people to save a bit more money.

Nick
Chester-le-Street
University of Sunderland

TEFL Heaven

If you are contemplating teaching abroad with TEFL but you're worried about not adapting, feeling lonely, struggling to see yourself in a classroom or lacking confidence in any way - reset your mind and just do it anyway! I wish I had woken up, stopped fretting and sat this course a long time ago without deliberation.

Studying on an island where there are so many excursions and cool locations is like a dream come true. The quality of teaching is also really thorough and exciting. Our main trainer (Suzanne) was amazing and so enthusiastic! She made us all so excited to start working and imparted tons of wisdom whilst also being really supportive! Training was hilarious, competitive, fun and more informal than I'd imagined. However, the best perk of the entire training programme was the sense of community that was generated on Samui. When travelling, you make acquaintances and decent friends but with TEFL, you will bond with an amazing bunch of people and construct true, life-long friendships. I've already made multiple future plans with my fellow trainees which include further travel, and potential work in other Asian countries. I can't wait to see how the TEFL stepping stone will effect my life in years to come.

This experience, as brilliant and rewarding as it is, is just the beginning. I know that once I'm done in Thailand, the show will go on! Don't be afraid or look back. If you have the smallest inkling that working abroad may suit you, just take the gamble and do it while you can!

For me, the experience was perfect and I wouldn't change any aspect. Other trainees that I have spoken to have said that their accommodation during training was poor in certain ways. Perhaps make this part of the journey more comfortable.

Aimee
Kildare, Ireland

Best decision of my life!!

I came to thailand as a Social Care Worker with no prior experience of teaching and I am now currently teaching Kindergarden, primary classes while also tutoring police cadets all thanks to TEFL Heaven. This time last year I never would have thought I would be a foreign teacher. I love every minute of being over here. The ideas and skills I have taken from my TEFL heaven course are invaluable and I would highly recommend it to anyone who is thinking about taking the big scary step of joining this ever growing family of TEFLers over in Thailand. Yes it is daunting and scary but once you walk into the TEFL classroom all that instantly fades away. I had the best time with the most amazing people (trainers and trainees) who I never would have crossed paths with if it wasn't for this. I wouldn't change it for the world!! #SamuiCrewie

More opportunities to teach in schools/camps. I definitely learned more when it was with the children and not 'acting or preforming' in front of friends. Also more time spent on higher classes like higher P and M

Since 2007 TEFL Heaven (formerly Experience Teaching Abroad) has assisted university graduates and non-graduates to secure quality teaching placements abroad. We pride ourselves on being a fun and personable company who like to actively engage with all who are seeking the opportunity to teach English