TEFL Heaven Teaching in Thailand

TEFL Heaven family boat trip
TEFL Heaven family boat trip

TEFL Heaven is proud to deliver the TEFL Heaven Internships Thailand Program.

Starting with TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) training in a paradise location and ending with a fully salaried TEFL job in Thailand, it's no wonder this is our most popular program!

With many trainees of the same age (in their twenties or early thirties) it means making friends on your course is easy. We train teachers every 6 months during April and September each year, just before the start of the school term.

Teaching placements last one school term of around 5 months, making in the whole about 6 months of the program. If you want to stay longer (which is often the case!) just renew your contract with the school- its that easy!

Key program benefits:
Fully TEFL/ TESOL Certificate
Guaranteed job placement
Airport transfer
Private Facebook group
Social program connecting you to your peers and alumni
Lifetime worldwide job assistance

Once you have completed your training you will then go straight to your paid teaching role where you will be earning between 25-30,000 THB providing you with a very comfortable lifestyle that will enable you to travel, explore and see the very best of Thailand and it's surrounding countries.

Training + Certification + Full Support + Guaranteed Paid Job - Sounds like heaven?

Currently offering a special reduced rate for our Mexico Program (Summer months only) check out the website for more info!

Experience 3 weeks fully immersive TEFL/ TESOL training in Puerta Vallarta, Mexico with a guaranteed paid work placement within 30 days of your course ending and a lifetime, worldwide job assistance guarantee!

With TEFL Heaven, Asia teachers are required to be from the age of 20 - 55 years old. In Latin America and Europe you would be required to be between the ages of 18 and 65.
Yes. It says on the website: FOR THOSE WITHOUT A BACHELORS DEGREE If you do not have a bachelors degree you can receive a guaranteed paid teaching job on this program: PUERTO VALLARTA & PAID JOB MEXICO If you have not yet acquired your bachelors degree yet, but are still studying, you are also eligible for the guaranteed paid teaching job, as long as you get your degree certificate sent to you...

• Benefits 8.8
  • Facilities 9.1
  • Instruction 9.1
  • Academic Rigor 6.3
  • Job Assistance 9.6
Wesley

Best decision I ever made! TEFL Heaven: you changed my life!

My experience with TEFL Heaven was absolutely tremendous. I attended the training on Koh Chang in April 2019 and it was the perfect way to jumpstart my Thailand experience and my career as an English teacher.
They helped me figure out all the logistics of my travel plans before I flew out to Thailand. Their assistance in lining up a job for after the training was incredible and tefl heaven works with some great teaching agencies. We had a great mixture of cultural experience and practical learning and preparation.
The training helped me understand the logistics of the job but more importantly the cultural expectations of teaching in Thailand. My trainers made sure that we all had the type of support we needed to leave the training feeling confident about our capabilities to teach. They made us feel that we could ask any questions and air out any potential concerns or worries and address them right away. I continue to be supported by the organization and will have their support moving forward in my next chapter. I seriously can’t rave about my experience enough. Hit me up with any questions and I’d love to talk more about why TEFL Heaven is the best choice!

Book it. The price is worth the experience and support. Pack light and bring your positivity and excitement. Thailand is a land of smiles and happiness and, though it won’t ever be perfect and a lot of things will shift and change while you’re here, it will change your life for the better.
Roberto

Getting my certification with TEFL Heaven is one of the best decisions I've made in my life so far. My training course was extremely practical and informative, and we even got some hands-on experience teaching children at an English camp during our training. I can't explain how beneficial such an experience was for someone like me, a first-time teacher with no real experience in a classroom; it gave me confidence as a teacher. The trainers were helpful, knowledgeable, and made our experience fantastic every step of the way. I made some lifelong friends during my training, and learned a lot - about teaching, and myself as a person. I recommend TEFL Heaven wholeheartedly to anyone who is considering getting into teaching English abroad. You won't regret it.

Take that first step and never look back. You will thank yourself later.
Jade

Best decision I ever made

I took part in the TEFL Heaven Thailand internship programme and I really cannot praise it enough. The whole experience has been absolutely incredible - loads of support at home and out here in Thailand. The course itself was 3 weeks long in a beautiful resort on the island of Koh Chang - the trainers were fantastic and the course was really thorough including the opportunity to practice teaching children which not every tefl course has. We had a mixture of theory and practical teaching and the whole thing was so much fun. The small group dynamic makes for a really supportive environment. Being trained in Thailand also made a huge difference in settling in and getting used to the culture. I was placed with a great agency and a great job and have had continued support since the course. If you're thinking about doing it, I can promise you won't regret it!

Be open minded, take every opportunity and savour every moment. Don't hold back and be yourself, it's an incredible opportunity to grow if you want to.
Alexandra

Amazing Overall Experience

I completed my TEFL training through TEFL Heaven in April of 2019 and I am now teaching 2nd grade English in Chachoengsao, Thailand. Everything about my experience with TEFL Heaven surpassed my expectations. The trainers were accessible and wonderful, it was indeed in a paradise location, and I felt well-prepared going into the classroom. If you are looking for a program that will help you make friends and get used to the Thai culture before you start teaching, this is the program for you! The program transformed the idea of moving across the world and getting a job from seeming scary and inaccessible to being a very manageable and fun experience. Myself and the other trainees on my course have nothing but great things to say about TEFL Heaven.

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
The most surprising thing I discovered through this experience was how quickly one can feel at home, even on the other side of the world.
Adeline

Teaching in Thailand

I am extremely thankful to have done the TEFL program in Thailand because it was a nice introduction to the country before signing a contract to live here for a year. I was very nervous coming over, with obvious reasons, but the program really helped to calm my nerves and help me prepare for teaching. I did my training on the island of Koh Chang and it was so incredibly beautiful. I also got to meet a lot of new friends and that was a huge bonus as well.
Currently I am living in the town of Ranong Thailand, which is very south, and I'm teaching high school in an international program, this means that all of my students are able to speak at least a little bit of english. I teach english, sociology, geography and art and love it all! My town is small but there are many things to do, especially if you love nature! I live close to a lot of the major islands, like Phuket and Koh Phayam, so its nice to be able to travel there when I need a break. So far my experience here has been amazing- it's obviously not all easy but I'm learning and growing everyday and I wouldn't exchange this experience for anything.
I made a cool video of my life here in Ranong- from my school, to my home and some places in between! If you want to catch a glimpse of my life here check it out! :)

Don’t allow your thoughts to overwhelm and keep you from saying yes to an experience of a lifetime. I promise you that everything will be okay and although it won’t always be easy, you will come out of this experience stronger and more confident. This is something that I always wanted to do but was terrified of taking the steps necessary in order for me to accomplish this goal. Being here in Thailand now I realize how much I built it up in my head but in reality it feels so normal and is much easier than I initially expected. If you have any doubt in your mind, stop and ask yourself if it’s out of fear of the unknown and don’t allow that fear to stop you. Jump headfirst into the unknown because it is there where you will learn and grow so much more than you ever expected and it’s a beautiful process along the way. Life is meant to be lived and you have the world at your fingertips, if you choose to experience and explore, and there are so many beautiful things and people waiting for you. If i can leave you with any advice, it’s: Please don’t let fear keep you from living your life, accept and acknowledge it but keep moving forward- you never know how far you can go until you try.
Christmas Day Activities at WatRakhang
Kathryn

A good set up to help you achieve your TEFL goals

We originally picked TEFL Heaven because they had the best reviews online for a TEFL cert in an overseas location. We didn't want to do the course online since we were working full time and didn't want to be studying all night afterwards. Studying in the country we wanted to be in and learning some of the culture and language first was a nice way to be introduced to our working abroad time.
TEFL Heaven was on top of things from the first time we spoke to them. They answered my questions, emailed within a reasonable amount of time and helped us with the process of applying, etc.
The 3 week course itself was fun with a good group of people and great trainers. It wasn't academically challenging but just full on as it is all day in the class room at high energy. We had every weekend off which was nice to explore our island. I feel like the time in training helped me prepare a little for how teaching would be when we got jobs.
TEFL Heaven placed us with an agency in Bangkok and they placed us in a all girls high school (recommend!). Our school is great - lovely kids (mostly), teachers and good location for us. It was really cool to see/participate in all the cultural days/festivals with the teachers and kids.
All in all, we did this program to get out of our comfort zone, have a change of scenery and decide if we wanted to be teachers at home. It has been successful on all of those fronts.
The culture shock is still in play even after 6 months and we'll be glad to be home in our familiar surroundings, but we're very glad to have experienced this and would recommend it to others.

To improve this program I would have a section on housing and apartment hunting. It was quite daunting trying to find a place in our school area. Our agency did make a call in Thai for us once and gave us 1 or 2 apartment names nearby, but other than that, not much support on the whole. In the end, we were lucky enough to have a contact at the school we were going to and she helped us a lot with where to stay, info on the school, etc. I would suggest that TEFL have some kind of mentor program - where trainees can link up with current teachers and get advice/information about the area, school, clothing, etc. It really lowered the stress levels for us having someone on the inside to talk with.
Emmy

TEFL Training in Koh Samui

Hey everyone! If you're looking to teach abroad and still need to get your TEFL certificate, I would definitely suggest looking into TEFL Heaven. I thought it was a great way to ease yourself into Thailand and an easy way to meet a large group of people, some of whom you end up getting placed with! The training they supplied was wonderful and doing it in person (on a paradise island) made it that much better. They even brought us to a Thai classroom for 2 days which was an incredible insight into what to expect. On top of that, we were right on the beach and could change into our bathing suits immediately after training and relax. I think the best part of it all is that it's now 4 months after my training and I am still making travel plans to meet up with friends that I made during training.
I know it is a bit pricey but if I could go back I would do it all again. It was well worth it.

Have an open mind to absolutely everything. It is going to be live changing and incredible but it is also is challenging at times. Embrace the change and the challenge to let this adventure help you grow and open your mind and heart to a new culture.
Jake

TEFL Heaven, Phuket, October 2018

I had a great experience doing my TEFL certification through TEFL Heaven in Phuket in October 2018.

The course was not overly difficult, but I learned a lot. It was definitely a good opportunity to get more comfortable standing in front of a classroom. I've never been one for public speaking, but this was a great way to step out of my comfort zone while still in a supportive setting. We learned a lot of different teaching techniques and games that you could use with your students. We even got to apply what we learned over a two-day English camp near the end of the course. Camp consisted of planning a lesson for groups of Thai students and getting your first real hands-on teaching experience. It was a ton of fun and gave me some confidence before setting off to teach on my own.

My course instructors were both awesome and everyone I interacted with at TEFL Heaven was friendly and supportive. I also met tons of new people who I'm still friends with now. Daily Thai lessons and staying at a hotel near the beach definitely didn't hurt either.

Overall, this was a good way to ease into teaching in Thailand, and I don't regret it.

We received a course booklet to use throughout the course, but it would be nice to also receive the corresponding answers guide. Additionally, TEFL Heaven provided a breakdown of costs associated with the course and starting out as a teacher in Thailand. After talking to people in my group, I think we agreed that costs ended up being higher than presented. I do understand that it's difficult to provide a breakdown of spending that applies to everyone, but just something to keep in mind when starting out.
Jenna

One of the best decisions you'll ever make

I can't say enough wonderful things about this program...The course teaches you so much not only about teaching English as a foreign language but also about Thai culture and much more. Our training group got super close and truly became a little family which was really comforting being far away from home. TEFL Heaven immediately set me up with a great job, helped me find a nice apartment, and was so helpful every step of the way in terms of getting a work visa and all other questions I had, no matter what they were. They made the transition of moving from the US to Thailand easier, more fun, and more rewarding than I ever thought possible. If you're even considering teaching abroad, I highly suggest going through TEFL Heaven without a doubt-you won't regret it!

Sydney

Traveling Teacher

TEFL Heaven was a wonderful way to begin my teaching experience in Thailand. They made my pre-planning painless, and the course helped ease my initial anxieties.

They provided me with all of the information, documents, and confidence I needed to be a successful teacher. In addition, I gained confidence in myself, my skills and my ability to handle new situations.

TEFL Heaven is unique, in that participants get the opportunity to train 3 weeks in paradise and also gain hands-on classroom experience and real-life experience teaching children in “English camp”. Exposure to teaching before conducting my own classroom was incredibly helpful. TEFL Heaven supplies participants with the opportunity to discover an exquisite culture, learn some Thai, explore the breathtaking Thai islands, and make lifelong friends.

After the three weeks of training I felt confident, excited, and prepared. I highly recommend this program to anyone who is considering teaching English abroad. You will gain friendships, knowledge, and a whole lot of confidence!

During my training a lot of the focus was directed towards teaching Prathom (middle school) students. More emphasis on teaching kindergarten and high school students would have been helpful.
Tyler

TEFL Heaven - Koh Chang April 2017

When deciding what program to choose for this journey of my life, I was highly drawn to the TEFL Heaven internship program. The main points that were important for me is that the company was reputable, they were supportive, and they guaranteed a job after the training. TEFL Heaven hits the ball out of the park on all of those points!

The three week training course on Koh Chang was an intensive crash course on becoming a teacher that concluded on going to an English Camp and teaching lessons to real kids. I can say that I was very shy about talking in front of groups before I joined onto this course. Now after two months of teaching that shyness has flown out the window. In the very beginning of the course they put you in the hot seat to perform under pressure, which is a quality that every teacher has to have - especially in a foreign country.

My favorite experiences during the training course were the day trips we did on the weekends with our big group. It was a nice chance to hang out and get to know the fellow TEFL trainees and the TEFL trainers. After a long week of training, some fun in the sun is much needed every weekend.

I don't think I'll ever be the same person after this because now the travel bug has bitten me. Before the TEFL course, I was working the standard 8 - 5pm office job and that wasn't the life that I wanted for myself. So, if you are contemplating doing bigger things then this may be the opportunity for you!

They should make sure people are more prepared before they come with certain items (speaker for classroom, all the necessary clothes for teaching, any home comforts that you may miss) . A pre-packing checklist would be nice to have. Also, letting people know they should check if their phones are unlocked, so they can get a Thai SIM card for their personal phone.
Elizabeth

Incredible Program in an Incredible Location

I could not have chosen a better way to begin my experience teaching in Thailand than to train with the TEFL Heaven program. The program's aim was to give us the tools that we would need as certified TEFL teachers, then to assist us in finding an agency to provide us with a teaching position. The program did all this and more. My experience in Thailand was shaped by the way that TEFL Heaven welcomed me to this beautiful country. Prior to beginning the course, the company itself made my preparation and arrival easier than I had imagined. There was always someone to contact to answer any questions and clear up any confusion. In regards to visas and travel documents, assistance and guidance were always readily available. The training course itself was an enlightening experience and beneficial in that it provided me with the tools I needed to be the best TEFL teacher I could be. We were taught not only teaching skills that could prepare you for any situation, but also how to acclimate to a new life in a new culture. It helped that while gaining the knowledge needed to teach in a foreign country, we were living on a breathtaking island in a bungalow, fully immersing ourselves in our new home. Taking on a new job in a new environment can be daunting, but TEFL Heaven made sure that we were comfortable, providing any tools necessary and made it an overall enjoyable experience.

Stef

Great time with TEFL Heaven - Koh Chang

I thoroughly enjoyed my three week program with TEFL Heaven! They ensured my pre-planning was as painless as possible and helped me so much once I was in Thailand. The course was fun and insightful, and I can honestly say after teaching for 2 months that the experience on my feet with TEFL Heaven was invaluable. They help you prepare for being up in front of a class. Obviously there is a lot to learn in 3 weeks, but they structure the program so that nights and weekends are often free to explore or relax. Koh Chang was gorgeous and I'll never forget my time in the program. The people I met became family and I'm glad to have a network throughout Thailand as support and company!

I personally have to structure my own curriculum and create tests at my school. This is not common of all Thai schools, but I would have loved some more guidance in that way. TEFL Heaven does teach you plenty about structuring lessons, which is hugely helpful!
Hollie

Tefl Heaven - Thailand Internship 2017

I can honestly recommend this programme - and already have recommended it to the countless friends who have watched me post photos about my time here, and have asked how they can do the same!

I'll honestly say that the whole experience will cost you a fair bit of money, but you would need to save money to travel anyway - and at least with the job gaurantee, you know you will be making a salary down the line.

If anything I wished this course was longer than the 3 weeks, which is testament to how enjoyable it was and how valuable the classroom time/time with TEFL teachers was. This course really stands out because of the excellent contribution the TEFL tutors make - they are there to teach you, to inspire you, but they also offer emotional support, advice on living/working in Thailand and they make you feel safe and secure whilst away from home. I knew that if I had any problems I could ask the tutors for help, or also just drop TEFL Heaven a quick email and they'd be more than happy to help me.

Only issues were with accommodation on the island, which I hear TEFL Heaven are reviewing.
John

Greatest 120-hour TEFL Certification

In April 2017 I spent 3 weeks on the island of Koh Chang in Thailand working toward my 120-hour classroom based TEFL certification with a group of around 20 others. While researching for the best ways to get my TEFL certificate I looked at several other companies that promised they were the best way to complete the certification with online courses. I almost booked myself onto one of these courses and in hindsight I'm glad that I didn't.

The best thing about the TEFL Heaven course is that the tuition is classroom based and you also have an opportunity to experience classroom life in Thailand at an English camp for a few days during the course. Now that I'm a teacher in Thailand I realise that if I hadn't taken part in the TEFL Heaven course I wouldn't have been able to handle classroom life here. An online certification seems convenient and sure, it's probably less expensive but the benefits of the TEFL Heaven certification are more than worth the extra cost. It's definitely an investment that I was more than happy to pay.

If you are considering teaching in Thailand and are looking at more than a few courses to gain your certification, seriously consider TEFL Heaven. You won't regret it.

Location:
Don Mueang Airport
( DNK )
Phuket Airport
( HKT )

Thailand has become the most tourist visited country in Southeast Asia. This country provides dense jungles, beautiful beaches, world-class shopping, and stunning architecture. No matter your budget, there is something for you to take part in in Thailand.

Alumni Interviews

Staff Interviews

About TEFL Heaven

Since 2007, our passionate team of travel experts have assisted university graduates and non-graduates to secure quality teaching placements abroad. We actively engage with all who are seeking the opportunity to teach English as a foreign language by...