Currently offering a special reduced rate for our Mexico Program (Summer months only) check out the website for more info!

Experience 3 weeks fully immersive TEFL/ TESOL training in Puerta Vallarta, Mexico with a guaranteed paid work placement within 30 days of your course ending and a lifetime, worldwide job assistance guarantee!

TEFL Heaven Course and Paid Jobs in Costa Rica

You can see the ocean, mountains, and jungle all from the balcony at school!
You can see the ocean, mountains, and jungle all from the balcony at school!
Independence Day Parade
Lively Culture
Lively Culture
View From the TEFL School
View From the TEFL School
This guy was just chilling near the sidewalk.
This guy was just chilling near the sidewalk.
Costa Rica student
Costa Rica student

TEFL Heaven offer the exciting opportunity to earn your TEFL qualification in the paradise destination of Manuel Antonio in Costa Rica. You will be given 4 weeks of hands on, face-to-face training with our TEFL team on site in Costa Rica. On completion of the program, you will have earn't your TEFL certificate for life allowing you to teach anywhere in the wold.

The best part is, TEFL Heaven guarantee you a job for when you finish your training!

Key program benefits:
Fully Accredited TEFL/ TESOL Certificate
Job placement services from our team in Manuel Antonio and a guaranteed paid work placement in Costa Rica within 30 days of finishing the course
Pre-departure guidance on visas, accommodation choices, types of work available, costs of living and salary guides, connections with previous teachers
Social program connecting you to your peers and alumni
Lifetime worldwide job assistance

• Instruction 9.9
  • Academic Rigor 7
  • Job Assistance 9.8
Iona

Great TEFL Programme Costa Rica

I decided to apply for a TEFl course half way through my final year of university and knew I wanted to come to Latin American so I could learn Spanish along the way and experience a completely difficult culture than Scotland. I decided to go with Maximo Nivel through TEFL Heaven because of the on site 4 week course they were offering that would allow me to meet people and settle into Costa Rican a little more. In hindsight this worked well for me because I met some great people who I have become really close with and even moved in with. I was also able to find a job before even finishing the course and received lots of support in this process. The course also offers 10 hours of practical teaching experience which is accessed in order to track your progress therefore you leave the course feeling ready to go in the profession.

The only downside to this course is the price. I personally feel that it was worth it for the added experiences that come with doing the course in the country that you want to work, however, I feel for some people it would be unaffordable.
Rose

The start of something wonderful

Last year I decided to leave everything behind and take off to Latin America to teach English, study Spanish, and explore. Thanks to the support provided by TEFL Heaven and the organizations it connected me with this proved to be one of the best decisions of my life. In Costa Rica, I was was able to complete my course with the dynamic and fun Audra Wooldridge while meeting other cool folks with similar intentions. After my program neared it's finish, Audra helped me find a paid job in Antigua, Guatemala where I spent the next 7 months of my life.

As a teacher in the US, I was used to long hours, high stress levels, disinterested students, and little pay or opportunity for a life outside of work. I found an awesome community of TEFL teachers who helped me to improve my practice and reduce my workload so that I could continue to study and travel and enjoy my time abroad. My students were incredibly grateful and my coworkers were fun both in and outside of the institute. We had a blast / living together, partying together, and traveling together. This opportunity has been life changing and super rewarding on so many levels as I've learned so much about myself and the world.

Derek

TEFL course

My TEFL course with Audra was absolutely fantastic. I received excellent instruction, and honestly really grew in my time from the beginning of the course to the end of the course. When I started, I had many bad teaching habits that Audra had to help me break. But, by the end of the course I felt confident as an English Teacher. It was also awesome getting to do all of this in the beaches of Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica. The institute had a beautiful view of the ocean, and we watched many sunsets from the tables right outside the institute. I can't recommend this course enough!

Nicole

Amazing Experience!

It's hard to not have a good experience in a place like Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica! But the program, teachers, and faculty at the school made it so amazing! Everyone was so helpful and the teacher made the experience 100x better. I really learned a lot and now have a certificate to help me teach all over the world! I made a bunch of new friends and teaching became my passion! I would absolutely recommend this program in Costa Rica. If you want the beach, mountains, and a small town feel, go to Manuel Antonio.

Laura

Class on the Beach

Studying TEFL in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica was honestly way better than I could have imagined. Why not take your TEFL course while looking out the window at a beautiful view of green trees, clear blue ocean, and sunsets that look fake!? The school was easy to get to and everything was well organized for TEFLers to feel productive and well taken care of. Manuel Antonio is right on the beach and due to that fact, it is a bit touristy. This can be both great and difficult at times. It is so much fun to go out on a single night and meet people from all around the world. Tourism also raises the prices of things here a bit, as could be imagined. However, I took the opportunity provided to stay with a host family in Quepos (a local fisherman's town less than ten minutes by bus), and this made my experience very well balanced. After classes some days, I would go to the beaches of Manuel Antonio to watch sunsets, surf, and of course always bring my binoculars to keep an eye out for monkeys, sloths, birds, bugs, and even porcupines that spend their days up in the trees. Other days, I would go back to Quepos to have calm days by the Marina, get cheap food, or experience the livelihood of Costa Rican culture from markets to parades. The TEFL course is fairly busy but the work is not too challenging and it is definitely well worth the time! Immediately after I did my TEFL, I took a job that was offered to me teaching in Cusco, Peru and am loving it here as well! If you are interested in getting a job right after TEFL, you will be provided plenty of job finding assistance making this more than possible. I strongly recommend taking your TEFL course in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica! Good luck paying attention in class though!! :D

If it were possible to reduce the cost of the program, this would be what I would recommend to improve the course. Other than that, everything was very well organized and I felt like I was well-prepared by my instructor each step of the way. I received plenty of support and now feel very confident in my ability to teach english as a second language.
Alyssa

TEFL Certification in Paradise

TEFL Heaven helped me get my TEFL Certification in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica in September 2017. The process was incredibly easy, as I simply told TEFL Heaven I was interested in Manuel Antonio, and they took care of most of the logistics. From the U.S., flights are reasonably priced, and the arrival process was hassle-free. Besides the simplicity of using TEFL Heaven, Manuel Antonio is absolutely beautiful. If you're interested in seeing monkeys, sloths, and macaw parrots casually on your commute to class, Costa Rica is perfect for you. The culture is completely relaxed, the scenery is breathtaking, and the course itself is managed in an efficient and engaging way. All in all, I would recommend getting TEFL Certified through TEFL Heaven in Costa Rica to anyone willing to live in paradise for at least a month.

I don't recall another option for housing being available other than apartment, hostel, or host family. I think it could be helpful for TEFL Heaven to allow applicants to find their own housing option if they so choose.
Christina

Beautiful Experience in a Beautiful Place

I went through TEFL Heaven to complete the TEFL Course in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica, and it was nothing short of magical. The month-long course was equally as challenging as it was rewarding. My TEFL trainer was an excellent resource, and through her instruction helped me feel well prepared and confident to teach anywhere in the world. I was able to spend my free time and weekends exploring the beautiful nature and beaches of Costa Rica, while getting to know local "ticos" who are some of the kindest, most genuine people I've had the pleasure of meeting.

Completing this TEFL course was the first time I left my home country. I was nervous and had a ton of questions before I left. TEFL Heaven was prompt with their responses to my millions of questions and I felt very well taken care of both before and during my TEFL course. Highly recommend!

Nathaniel

An Amazing Experience!

This is and awesome TEFL course that I highly recommend. Audra was my teacher and she does an excellent job of making things fun as well as informative. I came from a teaching background, but Audra definitely took my core skills and improved upon them while teaching more specific TEFL teaching techniques. I only didn't enjoy the host family experience, but you can choose to just rent your own apartment or stay in a hostel. You can find a 1 month stay for less than $500 and many places have free wifi areas to lounge in so if I was to go back in time that is what I would do.

Location:
Limón International Airport
( LIO )
Daniel Oduber Quirós International Airport
( LIR )

A pioneer of ecotourism, Costa Rica draws many tourists to its extensive series of national parks and other protected areas. Costa Rica began reversing deforestation in the 1990s, and they are moving towards using only renewable energy. Head to the cloud forest, relax on the beautiful beaches or visit a coffee farm.

About TEFL Heaven

Since 2007, our passionate team of travel experts have assisted university graduates and non-graduates to secure quality teaching placements abroad. We actively engage with all who are seeking the opportunity to teach English as a foreign language by...