Combined Level 5 TEFL Course in Europe

Graduates in Berlin
A Class of Happy TEFL Academy Graduates
A Class of Happy TEFL Academy Graduates
Proud TEFL Graduate with Students

At the TEFL Academy we only offer one course because we want all our students to have the best access to global TEFL opportunities. Our course leads to a Level 5 TEFL Certificate (168 hours), regulated by Ofqual (UK) and the DEAC (US) so it’s certified by 2 government bodies!

The beauty of this course is that you will gain a real understand of your potential employers needs. In the TEFL world certain employers favor classroom study to purely online. With our course you get the best of both worlds - 20 hours in the classroom + 148 hours online. Facr-to-face tuition will give you additional confidence and allow you to have a competitive edge in the marketplace for jobs.

The 20-hour weekend classroom course is designed to breakdown the fundamentals of TEFL. Within those 20 hours you will have teaching opportunities and gain knowledge from other students in the classroom.

• Level 5 qualification

• Academic Rigor 9
  • Job Assistance 8.3
Elaine

Great experience

Thank you for the great experience learned heaps. It was a good course that was well paced. I liked the in course tests throughout which helped to affirm the learning experience. The assignments were good practice to try out the learning experience as well as being able to apply in the classroom as am currently teaching ESL. Liked the fact that it was a level 5 recognised qualification that will be recognised around the world which is the reason I selected this course over others. Would (and already have) recommended this course to others who in one case has already commenced with the program. I would recommend this course to anyone wanting to get into ESL teaching or who is already teaching and wants to upgrade or obtain a qualification.

Include more on teaching individuals as I currently do a lot of this rather than groups from an activity perspective.
Ian

Well worth it.

My 168 hour grade 5 course included both on-line a classroom time so it was a great way back into learning after a 30 year break. I now have, and am using, an invaluable too teaching English here in Rome. Here the minimum amount of text is 750 characters so after having said what I wished to say about the course I can tell you that I completed it mostly in my jim-jams in my bedroom here in sunny Rome and now have a great job teaching English to Italians who are mostly desperate to leave this coutry for a better life in a richer economy. While being the thirst largest economy in Europe post Brexit, it is still very poor by European standards and the younger generation just want to get out for a better future. I, however, love it here, mostly for the cliamte and sun!

Make sue not to leave submissions until the last minute, the technology falls down a bit if you do but they are very helpful to fix this.
Gemma

Highly Recommended!

I just completed the Level 5 TEFL Course (168 hrs) which also included a 20 hour weekend course in Prague, Czech Republic. The weekend course was great! The instructor was really engaging and funny and able to adapt to all the students on the course even though we all had different levels of teaching experience. The weekend course is also a great way to get some initial teaching practice so if you've never done any teaching before then I definitely recommend it. The online course is also really informative and interesting. I feel like I've learnt so much about teaching and feel confident enough now to stand up and teach! Any contact that I had with the TEFL Academy team was quick, friendly and very helpful. Also, the assignment feedback is really detailed - it's clear that assignments are assessed thoroughly. Overall I'm really happy with every aspect of the course and the TEFL Academy. Can't wait to start teaching now!

Would be great to have more summaries/key points at the end of units to help with note taking.
Felicia

A Great Start to my TEFL Career

I am very grateful to have completed the Level 5 TEFL Course (168 hrs) since it gave me the proper certification to start my teaching job in Germany. The lessons were easy to complete at my own pace at home, I greatly enjoyed meeting students from around the world at the intensive classroom weekend portion, and the assignments were challenging in a good way. I would recommend this program to anyone who would like to teach English in their own backyard or somewhere else completely different in the world! I was really excited to start putting some of the theoretical elements of the course to use in a practical way in the classroom, which proved to be excellent starting points for my deeper understanding of how to teach a foreign language, especially one as complicated as English!

Liven up some of the material with some audio-visual materials like videos, animations and/or games with fellow students.