Combined Level 5 TEFL Course in South Africa

At the TEFL Academy, our course leads to a Level 5 TEFL Certificate (168 hours), regulated by Ofqual (UK) and the DEAC (US) so it’s certified by two government bodies!

Our course is designed so that you can understand your potential employers. Within the industry, some employers prefer “hands on” study rather than purely online, and our combined course provides 20 hours in the classroom with an additional 148 hours of online study. This course will give you additional confidence to handle face-to-face teaching, and allow you to have a competitive edge in the job marketplace.

The 20-hour weekend classroom course is designed to breakdown the fundamentals of TEFL. Within those 20 hours you will have teaching opportunities and gain knowledge from other students in the classroom.

• Level 5 qualification (same level as CELTA/Trinity CertTESOL)
  • Internationally recognised

• Academic Rigor 8.4
  • Job Assistance 8.5
Antoinette

ROLLER-COASTER MOMENTS

One minute I was up and the next I was taking a nosedive. At times I felt like a child with a new toy and at other times I felt I had conquered the world. The TELF Acadamy Level 5 course has it all. It takes you from one English element to the next with ease, but you have to be focused and fully engaged as there are some tough challenges along the way. I learned so much from this interactive course and would highly recommend the academy. Top-notch and, what a ride into the English Language realm. Thank you.

Tereza

The TEFL Academy

The TEFL Academy offers excellent courses in teaching English as a foreign language. I have done a few courses with them and would honestly recommend them to anyone interested in expanding their knowledge in this area. The course content is informative and instructional and gives you all the tools you will need in your future or current teaching career. The online platform is user friendly and the ability to work at your own pace is a huge plus. Overall the TEFL Academy offers excellent courses and learner support and I highly recommend them.

What was your funniest moment?
The funniest moment I had was during the online Teaching Practical course with the TEFL Academy. It was a fun interactive Zoom class with students from all over the world. We had a lot of good laughs together while we practiced some teaching techniques with our peers.
Nokuthula

My TEFL Online experience

What an exciting 7 months it has been. Beginning the course I was quite on the fence, thinking it might be a scam. However, the TEFL team set my mind at ease by answering all questions I had promptly. I teach English in Swaziland and the information I have learned showed me just how much knowledge is available to me. I am now waiting for my certificate and I am excited about the future and hoping TEFL academy will assist me in fulfilling my dreams of moving abroad and experiencing different cultures while teaching English. Thank you TEFL academy.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
If I did this again I would aim to finish the course sooner in the hope that I am able to travel soon after.
Servaas

Wow! The TEFL Academy! Keep up the great work!

I started my studies with The TEFL Academy, on the Level 5 (168hours).
During this pandemic the support and service was really outstanding! Could not have asked for a better education institute during this time!
Life is sometimes really challenging, but the TEFL Academy will always help their students in any way necessary. Showing their students that their is much more to life, with all the challenges coming towards us
If you ever want to study TEFL, don't hesitate to do it through The TEFL Academy!

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
The moment I received my results on one of my assignments, and saw I did not pass, but I tried again, this time with the knowledge of the assessor, and mine. I tried my best and passed the assignment.
Nina

The TEFL Academy Cape Town

The TEFL academy provided educational units that were user friendly, stimulating and challenging to achieve the best results from their students. I feel prepared to pursue jobs abroad in teaching after completion of my course. I have enjoyed being part of the global TEFL academy community and have met wonderful and inspiring future teachers. I am grateful for the mentorship and accessibility to expertise assistance. I recieved the tools to take forward in my teaching journey.Overall, I am very happy with the experience of obtaining my tefl course through the TEFL academy.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I would complete my assignments whilst completing units instead of leaving them until the end.
Prenell

TEFL 168 HOURS online course

I chose to take up the TEFL course and with no regrets this really gave me great insight even as English is my first language, there was so much more to learn of.

The course was challenging to me and to me is a good thing, as it encouraged me to work harder. It had good content overall and a variety of activities to test your knowledge, clearly indicating where you needed improvement.

A wining point was the marking strategy was done on a positive note motivating better results. I found this very helpful as I was not being reprimanded for my mistakes but rather guided to the correct way.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
Waiting to see if I passed an assignment . This was nerve wrecking as I am a new mom, a new home owner, a mourning daughter in law, a employee of construction and failing an assignment meant I needed to sacrifice the last 40 winks of zzz 💤 I had.
Natalie

TEFL academy

A very well thoughout course with well designed assignments to test you knowledge and understanding of the course and work you've learned thus far. I really quite enjoyed the breakdown of each of the units and breakdown within each unit was well thought through. The assistance provides by the Tefl academy was really good and surpringly quick response when help or assistance is needed. Would gladly recommend the TEFL academy to family and friends. Great course to do with a friend.
Very well done!

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
The in-depth analysis of the English language was widely discussed and well brought across throughout the course.
Muneerah

Level 5 TEFL Course

I have recently completed my Level 5 TEFL course, I had no clue what I was going to do with my life especially during Covid but now that I have completed the course I have the confidence to start teaching and now have an exciting journey ahead of me thanks to the TEFL Academy. I thoroughly enjoyed the course, it was interesting and had me wanting more. So thankful to have found this course I now have something to look forward to and can do this in the comfort of my own home. So excited to start my journey!

Take this opportunity and get a TEFL certificate, you can travel and earn some money while doing it. ;)