• South Africa

TEFL
Weekly Classroom Hours

Pricing

$490 USD
The prices differ depending on what country you are doing your TEFL course in, so please check on the website for accurate information depending on your location.
What's Not Included
Some Accommodation Activities Some Activities Airfare Domestic Airfare Airport Transfers Meals Some Meals SIM cards Transportation Travel Insurance Visa Wifi
Feb 23, 2021
Oct 14, 2021

At the TEFL Academy, our course leads to a Level 5 TEFL Certificate (168 hours), regulated by Ofqual (UK) and the DEAC (US) so it’s certified by two government bodies!

Our course is designed so that you can understand your potential employers. Within the industry, some employers prefer “hands on” study rather than purely online, and our combined course provides 20 hours in the classroom with an additional 148 hours of online study. This course will give you additional confidence to handle face-to-face teaching, and allow you to have a competitive edge in the job marketplace.

The 20-hour weekend classroom course is designed to breakdown the fundamentals of TEFL. Within those 20 hours you will have teaching opportunities and gain knowledge from other students in the classroom.

Program Highlights

• Level 5 qualification (same level as CELTA/Trinity CertTESOL)
  • Internationally recognised

• Academic Rigor 8.4
  • Job Assistance 8.4
Ray

Combine Level 5 TEFL Course

The Combined Level 5 TEFL Course was not just fun to do, but very insightful and in many ways it changed my perspective on teaching. I feel more than well equipped to teach English and have found and kept many tools in the course that I will use in my future in teaching. My advice would be to spend your time doing the Units well and making notes, it will be useful when writing tests and doing assignments. When doing assignments I would suggest doing your research well. There is so much to learn in this course.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I would try to do even better in my tests and assignments.
Nikita-Leigh

Brilliant course

This course has thought me so much about what English teaching entails and gave me the confidence in knowing I will excel at my job as my quality of qualification is excellent.
The TEFL Academy covers a broad spectrum of work and environments to work in, from pre school level up to work place English and more.
The 10 hour class was extremely helpful and interesting as met other students from all over the world, I recommend the course to all my fellow friends and teachers as it is a great way to make extra money.

What was your funniest moment?
The 10 hour class was held via Zoom and this gave us opportunity to speak and work with students from other countries, we had to teach the students our own home language and it was funny to hear them speak all the languages and trying to speak their language.
Johannes

Level 5 TEFL Course

I completed the Level 5 TEFL Course. I thoroughly enjoyed the course. Feedback was very good and prompt. The content was interesting and the units were very informative. Support staff were very helpful. All instructions were very clear. The time allocation was correct and useful in planning your work schedule. The content covered will be beneficial to anyone wanting to teach English as a foreign language or even just as a normal teacher to improve your skills, give you new ideas about activities and to inspire you to teach your students in new ways.

1 person found this review helpful.
matthew

TEFL combined teaching course

TEFL is very professional in the way they deliver their content. Not being used to online learning. TEFL user interface was simple and easy to navigate through. The student support is marvelous. I needed to rebook a date for the 48hr practice, and they resolved the problem in no time at all. The most challenging part of this course would have been the Assignments, you get 3 attempts at completing the assignments, but thanks to the support of the markers of the assignments I had received constructive feedback as to how I can improve on my Assignments

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
The assignments were a bit tough, but with the helpful feedback from the markers at TEFL, I was able to pass them
Sajeeda

Good course to an exciting career

An exciting course with endless prospects on completion. The content was well laid out and the online portal was very use friendly. The tutors were very knowledgeable and professional. The valuable feedback provided was very useful. The technical support was superb. All enquiries were handled efficiently. The grammar aspect of the assignments could be improved on in terms of guidance given as some students may not have in dept knowledge of grammar aspects. On the whole the course was well worth the effort.

Amount of reading can be less. Feedback on assignments could be done faster.
Inandi

The TEFL Academy Level 5 Course

I have been in the education sector for 6 years and I felt that TEFL was refreshing and challenging! I can use a variety of the skills obtained and use strategies in teaching other languages as well and not only English. The TEFL Academy showed great support towards their students. I did not received my certificate after the waiting period and when I enquired about it, it was send straight away via email. A few days later I received my certificate in the post. Wonderful support from their side!
I would recommend this course to anyone wanting to teach English abroad or just to sharpen their teaching skills.

If you need support do not hesitate to contact the support team. They were quick to help with any questions.
Ghodeejah

My TEFL Academy Level 5 experience

I enrolled in the TEFL Academy Level 5 course when the whole world was under lockdown with the COVID-19 pandemic. Amidst the chaos, this course helped me gain focus and redefine my goals and directed me towards a meaningful and beneficial pathway: teaching English as a foreign language. As someone who has learned other foreign languages, it was really interesting to see how I can teach my home language to others. On a recent trip to Pakistan, I was asked to teach a young girl English. I was not prepared and did not know where to start with teaching English. However, after this course, I feel much more confident, able and excited, to teach English to students of various backgrounds.

Enrolling in this program is a no-brainer - just do it! This course enhances your CV and allows you to think outside the box and to meet lots of different people from different cultures.
Priyen

The TEFL Academy

The TEFL academy level 5 course is really good for a lot of different people. It definitely opened my eyes to a different career path. I first started the course to pass by time but soon realised that this could be something I would love to do. The course is really interesting and opens your eyes to many things. One thing I did during the course was over think my assignments and what I realised was that overthinking was a waste of time, so don't overthink it. Another good thing about The TEFL Academy is that their support team is really amazing.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I would definitely finish the course much quicker instead of procrastinating.