Combined Level 5 TEFL Course in South Africa

At the TEFL Academy, our course leads to a Level 5 TEFL Certificate (168 hours), regulated by Ofqual (UK) and the DEAC (US) so it’s certified by two government bodies!

Our course is designed so that you can understand your potential employers. Within the industry, some employers prefer “hands on” study rather than purely online, and our combined course provides 20 hours in the classroom with an additional 148 hours of online study. This course will give you additional confidence to handle face-to-face teaching, and allow you to have a competitive edge in the job marketplace.

The 20-hour weekend classroom course is designed to breakdown the fundamentals of TEFL. Within those 20 hours you will have teaching opportunities and gain knowledge from other students in the classroom.

Program Highlights
  • Level 5 qualification (same level as CELTA/Trinity CertTESOL)
  • Internationally recognised
  • Qualifies you to apply for paid & volunteer internships
  • 6-months access to online campus
  • Tutor support from EFL professionals

The TEFL World Factbook 2021

To give teachers an idea of earning potential, degree requirements, typical student profiles and average teaching hours per country, The TEFL Academy has released the 2021 TEFL World Factbook!

• 9-10 rating 88.71%
  • Engagement 0
  • Platform 0
Rosanne

Awesome Level 5 TEFL Course

When I started this course I thought it wasn't going to be as challenging as what I was used to. I was wrong, the tests at the end of each unit made one think more independently than just the content you learned. Every assignment had clear instructions and was quite challenging, affirming the quality of the course and content. I was working full-time and didn't always have time for my coursework, but the support I received was amazing - quick, friendly, efficient and very helpful. I would highly recommend anyone who wants to teach English as a second language online or in the classroom, to take this course.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
Starting the course when you purchased it and doing a little bit every day. It was touch and go at the end for me!
Rasigie

LEVEL 5 TEFL COURSE

I really enjoyed the course. I am a recently retired high court advocate and was looking for something stimulating to do. This was ideal. Learnt so much about teaching methods. I also got so much interesting information about English vocab and language teaching. The regular tests during the course kept me on my toes! The regular tests gave me a good idea of my progress and ability. The course is very well set out and easy to understand, even for non-teachers like myself. The course content was easy to navigate

Monique

TEFL Excellence

The Level 5 TEFL Course is a great course for anyone who wants to get more out of life. It is an interesting course and so simple to navigate your way around the online site.

The assignments are hard work and really make you think but they were so exciting to do. Having fun while learning and studying is very rare and this course did exactly that, made learning and studying fun!

You are never to old to learn new things!

So if you are looking for adventure in your life while making a difference in other peoples lives, then this course is for you.

Honestly I would not improve anything about this program. It was fun, enjoyable and knowledgeable.
Sanjula

The TEFL Academy Level 5 Online Course Review

The course is easily explained and allows for those who have had zero teaching experience to easily understand the content. The layout of the site is extremely user friendly making it easy to move between menus and screens. Overall, I would definitely 100% recommend The TEFL Academy to my friends! From the get go, I clearly understood every thing that was taught as well as expected from me for Assignments. Due dates and turn around times are clearly stated before you begin the Units as well as before starting any of the Assignments. When a change is made to an Assignment, ample notice is given. Furthermore, the Tutors are extremely timeous and helpful with the feedback they provide!

What was your funniest moment?
Over thinking certain aspects of the content even though it is simply explained and right in front of me
Yolandi

Excellent TEFL Program

What a valuable program! I really enjoyed the course as it was also very informative and educational. The platform presentation is also very professional, structured appropriately and makes for easy learning.Apart from teaching a variety of learners online, I will also be applying what I have learned in my tertiary education lecturing classes. I would definitely recommend the program for teaching english to young and adult learners. It is also a globally recognized program so it will definitely be worth its weight in gold abroad as well.

Perhaps touching on business english as well and incorporating elements of that into the course.
Matthew

The TEFL Academy

I started the TEFL course last year December and I really enjoyed doing the course. The TEFL Academy provided me with all the materials that I needed to be able to complete the course. The TEFL Academy gave me interesting materials and allowed me to grow as a teacher. The in class section of the course was really interesting and gave me excellent practice and guidance for teaching students in the future. The course was really well presented and is definitely recommended to anyone who would like to teach.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
My most nerve-racking moment was teaching the in class teaching section. I overcame this with great support from the mentor at the in class event and the support from fellow students.
Marvin

Level 5 combined course

The Level 5 course was challenging and it was really interesting....the academic content was really informative, I honestly learned a lot from this course, both fro the academic content and research links provided in the course. I love that the course was self paced, I was able to take my time on the more challenging sections without having to be concerned that I was going to run out of time. both the technical and academic staff are extremely helpful, I would definitely recommend this program to anyone who wants to do an esl course.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
The most nerve wracking experience was having to wait for my final results, I literally checked my emails 6-7 times a day. Eventually I got my results and was beyond relieved to get a pass result
1 person found this review helpful.
Stephanus

Not a walk-in-the-park

When you think about becoming a teacher, remember that as a teacher you are an instrument in shaping someone's future. This is a comprehensive study course, so plan well ahead to finish the course in the allotted timeframe. It is well structured and the assignments will need time, should you want to get a good grade. When you receive your certificate, it is well deserved and you can start working with confidence. Being a TEFL graduate, you are globally available and you can shape your route while shaping some other futures.

I would like to have some kind of (electronic) handbook for future reference.