Combined Level 5 TEFL Course in South Africa

COVID-19 Program Updates

Due to global health & safety concerns and travel restrictions related to the coronavirus, The TEFL Academy has decided to offer flexible booking options for some of their upcoming programs. Learn more about COVID-19 updates to stay tuned regarding program information.

At the TEFL Academy, our course leads to a Level 5 TEFL Certificate (168 hours), regulated by Ofqual (UK) and the DEAC (US) so it’s certified by two government bodies!

Our course is designed so that you can understand your potential employers. Within the industry, some employers prefer “hands on” study rather than purely online, and our combined course provides 20 hours in the classroom with an additional 148 hours of online study. This course will give you additional confidence to handle face-to-face teaching, and allow you to have a competitive edge in the job marketplace.

The 20-hour weekend classroom course is designed to breakdown the fundamentals of TEFL. Within those 20 hours you will have teaching opportunities and gain knowledge from other students in the classroom.

• Level 5 qualification (same level as CELTA/Trinity CertTESOL)
  • Internationally recognised
  • Qualifies you to apply for paid & volunteer internships
  • 6-months access to online campus
  • Tutor support from EFL professionals

We've got four, yes FOUR new course locations in North America!

👉 Washington DC

• Academic Rigor 8.3
  • Job Assistance 8.5
Elizabeth

A Surprising Challenge

I began this course with the intent of using the qualification to leave South Africa and nothing more. However, I was pleasantly surprised to find myself engaged by the material I was presented with. I was studying towards a Bachelor of Education a few years back but dropped out because of financial constraints. This course taught me more about language teaching than 2 years at university did. Now this is symptomatic of the failing education system within South Africa, but I feel that it also serves as a testament to the high standards that this course expects. I would highly recommend this course to anyone seeking to teach or to expand on their teaching knowledge.

Go in with an open mind and go in with the intent to learn and you will reap so many rewards from this course.
Tharina

Best choice!

After a lot of consideration I chose The TEFL Academy because of the value for money and the user friendly website. I've completed the Level 5 course and it was totally worth it.

The Level 5 course is well structured with interesting material and activities. Challenging assignments requires research and also provides opportunity to practice the skills obtained during the course. Learning content are well structured and easy to follow with clear instructions.

Feedback on assignments were on time and tutor's provide useful advice.

Definitely recommend the course!

Assignments after each unit to practice and use the specific information from the unit.
Pieter

Engaging and challenging

The course the TEFL Academy put together is comprehensive and challenging. It not only engages on multiple levels, but also encourages self-learning with multiple sources and extra reading material. The instructions are always very clear and the service from the tutors are always prompt. The assignments that have to be completed are challenging, and the feedback from the tutors are very helpful. I would definitely recommend the Level 5 TEFL course to those looking to teach English in other countries.

San-Mare

So happy I finally did this

I have been contemplating completing an English Teaching course for a while now, and finally, during lockdown I made my decision. After looking at and comparing all available courses, I found that The TEFL Academy offers the best qualification. I really enjoyed stydying again and am currently busy with my Teaching English 1 on1 short course. To my surprise the Assignements were actually a lot of fun to complete. I have started applying for the positions on their job boards and I am very excited to start my new adventure in teaching English online.

Nothing, I think this program does not need much change.
Alex

Excellent TEFL Course

I highly recommend this TEFL course to anyone! The course is fun and interactive with content that is easy to understand.The course does an excellent job of preparing you for your teaching job as it contains useful information and possible scenarios. It covers teaching lessons for various English levels and types of lesson plans. Overall the course gave me a better understanding of the English language and gave me the confidence I need to teach different age groups and different English levels .

I would suggest that more videos are included into the program.
Kyle

My experience with Tefl

TEFL has provided a great structure in order for me to complete my course. Even though we have other commitments TEFL academy caters for all future teachers so even if you want to take the next step into teaching abroad. I highly recommend the TEFL academy. This course really helps in completing your goal and gives you the opportunity to travel overseas. It provides so much variety to learn from that caters for a person's individuals needs. Their site is updated and makes open distance learning achievable

I am currently happy with the system implemented. I found the system to be very easy to use. When I had queries i just opened a ticket and before i knew it. It was resolved
Skye

My experience with The Tefl Academy🌞

My overall experience was amazing. I would highly recommend The Tefl Academy to anyone wanting to complete a Tefl qualification. There is a variety of qualifications to choose from.

I completed the online tefl level 5 qualification and I thoroughly enjoyed every minute. Everything is explained in depth and you have tutor support 24/7. I found this qualification difficult but it has filled up my knowledge about teaching English as a foreign language above and beyond.

Once again I would recommend The Tefl Academy to anyone looking to become a qualified foreign language English teacher.

I would improve the process of receiving your certificate after submitting your ID photo, I would have liked it if that was a bit quicker in a sense.
As well as more options for online teaching jobs as there are plenty jobs abroad but it is very difficult to find an online job quickly.

Other than that, I would not improve anything regarding the different units within the Tefl level 5 program.
Kyra

Amazing!

Amazing course and great course work! Everything you need to know is covered and the work is easy to understand and follow. The way the course book is set out In a way that allows you to see your progress as you go along with the course. Each unit is unique and allows you to learn various different lessons as well as various ways to make use of your lessons both in a classroom and online. Would definitely recommend to anyone wanting to pursue a career in teaching English online or in another country!

Definitely make use of your time wisely and don’t be afraid to ask for help!