• Online

Program Details

Teaching Practicum
Job Placement
Certifications
Online TEFL Online TESOL TEFL TEFL (Hybrid)

Pricing

i-to-i currently have some great deals across their TEFL Courses. Visit the website for latest special offers.
Jan 10, 2022
Feb 26, 2021
11 travelers are looking at this program

i-to-i are the world’s leading TEFL courses provider with over 210,000 graduates teaching worldwide. They offer internationally recognized TEFL courses, internships and have a dedicated TEFL jobs team, who will help you land your dream TEFL job.

Whether you want to use your TEFL certificate to volunteer or build a career in the TEFL world, i-to-i will have a course that suits you, with courses spanning from 120 hours to 420 hours of learning. All courses are 100% online, and are packed full of practical information and teaching methods to help you become a great TEFL teacher, from lesson planning through to classroom confidence building. You'll also have access to a personal tutor, who will be there to support you. If you want to learn face-to-face then add on a 2-day practical classroom course - great for putting your skills into practice!

Whether you're experienced in the classroom or entirely new to teaching, with an i-to-i TEFL course you'll be teaching English in no time!

Program Highlights

• Officially approved by DEAC, Ofqual & accredited by the ODLQC
  • The most TEFL teachers teaching worldwide (210,000+ and counting!)
  • Dedicated TEFL jobs team to help land your dream TEFL job
  • All courses are 100% online and available 24/7
  • 99% pass rate

Popular Programs

Woman with graduation cap on

Kickstart your TEFL career with i-to-i's most comprehensive online course, the only Advanced TEFL Diploma in the world! You’ll acquire the essential skills needed to become a successful TEFL teacher and a qualification that is recognized and highly respected by employers around the globe. Includes 4 x 60-hour specialist modules: Teaching English Online, Teaching Business English, Teaching Other Subjects & Teaching IELTS.

Woman on boat in Thailand

i-to-i's prestigious Level 5 300 Hour Online TEFL Diploma will provide you with all the skills and knowledge you need for teaching English as a foreign language. Includes 2 x 60-hour specialist modules: Teaching English Online & Teaching Business English.

woman swimming in the sea

Looking to get qualified within as little as 4 weeks and gain a Level 5 Certificate (equivalent to a foundation degree), then i-to-i's 180 Hours TEFL Certificate is right up your street. You'll get support from expert tutors throughout your learning and access to i-to-i's jobs support team once you're ready to find your dream TEFL job. All of i-to-i's certificates and diplomas are regulated by Ofqual and DEAC-approved.

TEFL students

In a hurry and can't wait to start teaching? You can complete your 120 Hour TEFL Certificate within as little as 2 weeks! This certificate is perfect for TEFL beginners, with a 99% pass rate. You'll get 120 hours of basic TEFL learning which you'll complete 100% online. The course covers all of the fundamental knowledge you need to become a TEFL teacher. You'll also have access to i-to-i's academic team who will provide support throughout your studies.

• Content 8.8
  • Engagement 9.5
  • Platform 9.5
  • Instruction 7.3
  • Academic Rigor 7.8
  • Job Assistance 7.5
Tia-Tyrone

I-to-I

I-to-I is a wonderful institution to get your tefl diploma, not only are their staff helpful, considerate, thoughtful and bubbly, but their content is good amazing.
They have a variety of courses to choose from as well as the different levels which you'd like to do them at.
The content and their portal is very user friendly and they're always ready to help every step of the way.
Their markers are precise and skilled. And their feedback to assignments is extremely helpful and rewarding.
I-to-I pride themselves in providing nothing but the best.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I would not waste an extra minute over considering whether I should do the course I would just do it!
Iuliia

An engaging course for us EFL instructors

I had chosen this program after a careful research and it didn't disappoint. I'm an experienced general and business English tutor, and though about 90% of the program wasn't new to me, the rest of it including video observations of teachers at work and the practice in writing extended lesson plans was engaging and professionally beneficial. For those who consider EFL as a career and don't know where to start I can recommend this program as the one that can provide a very solid base. Take your time to complete it though, as it is a demanding program.

I would like to see more teacher observation videos included, they are helpful and insightful.
Benjamin

Level 5 300 Hour Online TEFL Diploma

I was expecting the course to be heavy on teaching grammar from the beginning but was very happy to find this was a module later on, and it didn't feel other whelming.
The course was very well structured and each module flowed nicely from one to another.
The quizzes at the end of module, and some quick ones mid module, helped me retain the information better than reading and note taking. The assignments were tough but there was support for any questions I had and they were very quick at responding.
I feel very prepared to teach a class !

Neill

I-to-I TEFL Level 5 Diploma

From the very start, this course was engaging and interesting. Not only jumping straight into Language teaching, but also the history of how it came about, and the progression that it has made through time. Thoroughly enjoyed the units, which were well explained, and the quizes that kept you honest. The assessments were relevant, and collated all of the information that you learnt throughout the unit.
All this said, there is nothing to fear at all. Everything is well explained, and there are no "catch you outs".
Would highly recommend for any age.

What was your funniest moment?
On one of the assignments i really couldn't pin down a topic. I spent days thinking about it, and coming up with nothing. One day i went out in the car, and listened to the radio. A song came on that i had not heard for years, it provoked so many memories and unlocked something in my brain, that when i arrived home i set out the outline for my assignment in one go!!
Keegan
No, I don't recommend this program

Terrible program

Teachers and support were insulting and did not respond to many attempts at communicating with them.
They constantly offer excuses and lie at every turn to try and pull more money from you.
I bought a $20 book off Amazon with more information on teaching than the entire I-to-I "course".
This course is entirely a waste of time, money and effort.

Response from i-to-i TEFL

Hi Keegan,

I’m really sorry to hear you’ve had such a bad experience with us. I’ve looked into your account details and can see that you are only part way through your course. We’re here to help you get through the course and have offered our services multiple times to help you pass your first assignment and explain the tutor feedback to you. We are still here to help and will do our very best to help you complete your course, if you are open to us assisting you.

We do, however, respond to all communications we receive and I’m confident that none of my team would insult or lie to you. If you are unhappy with the service received from any of my team then I urge you to contact me directly on jo.bearcroft@i-to-i.com and I will look into the issues you have had. If we have failed in our service to you then we’ll give you a full refund.

Best wishes,

Jo Bearcroft
Operations Director

Rachel

A easy way to study along side work

I did the 120hrs course along side working full time to enable me to change career paths and try teaching abroad instead.
This course was really well laid out and easy to follow.
Following completion of the course I received my results back in three working day with good notes and feedback... and I passed!
Now I can’t wait to get to Spain in September, just waiting to here back to where I will be placed.

Let you know younonly have a limited time to complete before you open the course. If I had known I would have opening it a different day.
Sarah

If you're serious this is Perfect

The courses offered with i-to-i are amazing, I had the honor of taking the IELTs coach, Young learners, teenage learners and the main 160 hour +20 in class hour courses. These courses go in-depth in the areas you will you need to know and practice when going out to teach English internationally. The grammar lessons proved very practical, the extra material offered to buy also helped out greatly(teaching guides). You can't just choose the course and think you can rush finish it. Its gonna take time, and the amount of time you invest into it, will be well worth it in the end. Taking notes through the course, I look back and there was never a chapter that did not have information needed. The safe are also very helpful in and throughout the course, trying to help boost your confidence and guide you on the right path. I greatly encourage you to try it. On the plus side, it is a lot cheaper and I believe more fun then the oxford courses.

More grammar courses
Paul

My Teaching Experience with I-to I

2005 was a time I felt I needed to broaden my horizons and gain more knowledge in a subject I would enjoy. I was 27 years old and had travelled to many places either alone or with other people but I felt that I had not truly immersed myself into the countries and cultures enough and I wanted to pursue a REAL travel experience. I found I-to-I and I visited their office in Leeds (conveniently my hometown) They made me feel so welcome and made me a nice cup of tea and sat me down to advise me. To cut a long story short I fell in love with their company’s ideas and it matched my burning ambitions to find a real travel experience and finally, I found a subject I really wanted to do, and that was to teach the English Language. The question was how would I begin this journey? Well it turned out I-to-I had that answer for me.

I enrolled on a 60 hour course but instead of completing it in one fell swoop; I took my time and researched many of the modules covered. The tutors (Judy Mabe and Alex Semakin) were lovely, helpful and full of the knowledge (and patient with my many questions) I needed to pursue my goal to become a teacher. I learnt a lot of theory on this course and I supplemented that with a 20 hour intensive course which was great for a real hands on teaching experience. I enrolled on short courses too such as Teaching young learners, a 20 hour grammar course and teaching larger classes which all taught me the skills I needed. It was amazing to have completed them and the knowledge they provided was extremely helpful as it gave me the key ingredients in order to teach effectively.

In October 2007, I took the BIG Step and applied for a three month teaching placement in Hanoi, Vietnam. You are probably wondering why did I choose that place, well I believe it was where I needed to be and as I will reveal later I was exactly right! :) The organization was great and I-to-I were there every step of the way. It was nice knowing they were there to back me up if anything untoward should happen and they were great at organizing everything and made me feel safe. The school, which was called Binh Minh (Sunrise) Secondary school, was amazing and the teachers there were welcoming and really helped me to fit in to their school way of life. Having the teachers say to me that I was a real English teacher made me even more thankful to I-to-I for providing me with the training.

When I returned to England, after traveling through the rest of Vietnam and Southeast Asia, I visited I -to-I's office again to give them a hearty warm thank you for providing me with not only the training, feeling safe, the organization and professionalism but also making me more confident in myself to continue to pursue my dreams and that I am eternally grateful to them. Since 2008 I have been the happiest I have ever been. I was offered a job in Hanoi because of my TEFL certificates with a great language school where I stayed for nearly 3 years perfecting and always improving my teaching skills. I taught all ranges from Beginner levels to Advanced, young learners (Young learners course and teaching larger classes course from I-to-I helped greatly here) I can now teach TOEIC, which is The Test of English in Communication, which also provides students to gain access to higher employment and higher salaries. I taught many high – level Business English classes for reputable companies. The students were just as enthusiastic as me and were great students to teach and to see them progress in English, which is a tough language for them to learn, really made me very proud to be doing something I love and helping people to pursue their dreams really made me thankful to be in the job I really loved.

I wanted to improve my teaching skills even more and delve deeper into the different methods of language teaching with different theories so in 2010 I enrolled on a CELTA course in Hanoi. Due to the knowledge from I-to-I, I gained the highest mark which again was thanks to I-to-I’s training. I really would love to advise more people on what these courses and placements can achieve because I truly feel that I-to-I's courses and placements are a foot in the door for people who are not quite sure about going it alone. I see on the website people are often confused about the differences between I-to-I's TEFL courses and The CELTA course. All I can say is that I-to-I was a great step because by taking their courses I gained great knowledge and experience and with deciding to pursue it as a career it helped enormously with my CELTA as I had already trained on many of the aspects of ESL teaching with I-to-I. My decision to do both was one of the best decisions ever. Also, the confidence that the project has given me was unique in that it made me even more confident to go it alone.

I am currently teaching for a language school called IBEST which provides professional training for Vietnamese students wishing to study overseas. I am currently teaching IELTS (International English Language Testing System) and TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) I had to complete another intensive course on these difficult English Language Testing Systems in order to be able to teach it but it was well worth it as my teaching skills, enthusiasm and love for the job have grown even more and helping students to achieve the score and level of English they need in order to achieve their dream of a master’s degree in The USA, The UK and Australia is one the greatest things to achieve and I feel I am really helping people with their lives It is very rewarding and to say I love it would be and understatement as I absolutely adore teaching there. It does not even feel like a job as every day is something unique and different. When I wake up in the morning I want to teach and they do say "To love your job is half the battle" Well in my case that is 110% true.

I have been living in Hanoi, Vietnam for almost 5 years now and have become fluent in the language after studying at a university in Hanoi. I feel this also helped me and think that learning another language is extremely rewarding in gaining a great insight into the country, culture and its people. It is also great for finding out the differences between the language of the country you are in and the English Language. It took me about two years with many mistakes (Failure is the mother of success) and getting into situations I thought I had not agreed on such as buying something I did not need by saying the wrong word, but eventually something clicked and my Vietnamese language just took off from there really and I have not looked back since and I still continue to learn as I have a deep passion for languages especially Vietnamese. It is just so different to English and I love the way the Vietnamese use words with extra feeling and deeper meanings which allow you to discover new parts of life and culture every day.

Why did I choose Vietnam out of all the places I could have volunteered in? Well as I said at the beginning I believe it was my calling as the first person I met in Hanoi at the airport just by chance became my soul mate for life. After we met in 2007 we were friends then became a couple for three years and now since 2011 we have been happily married and we have a great life here in Hanoi together.

If I had to give one piece of advice to anyone who is thinking about doing something new in a new place then all I have to say is go for it. Do not worry about the “if’s and but’s” they are actually what make the journey better. I feel that there are more people who are stuck in life and find it hard to pluck up the courage to do something that is completely alien to them but with I-to-I to help them in the first few steps I believe that anything is possible and can help more people discover things they never knew. I discovered things (and still continue to do so) that I never knew even existed. The possibilities are just endless and you may end up discovering things that will open up your mind, body and soul in ways you never even thought of. They do say that travels broadens the mind and I do believe this wholeheartedly as even times when I struggled to let go of some of my deep beliefs I learnt from others to share my beliefs with their beliefs which in turn made my life happier as I learn and continue to learn from others in order to teach to the best of my abilities.

Language courses from I to I on languages from countries that they deal with that could help a volunteer or teacher fit into daily life in countries with vast differences to Western countries.
Read my full story