Interested in getting paid to travel, live, and teach English in Saudi Arabia in 2021?
Because of the number of vacancies, and the challenges of attracting young westerners in their 20s & 30s to such a restrictive environment, schools are more likely to accept teachers with less substantial qualifications than in neighboring countries like the UAE and Qatar. A 4-year university degree & a TEFL certification are typically required.
Salaries & benefits can be excellent, but teachers must be prepared to live in society governed by traditional Islamic law and customs. This bans the use of alcohol and movie theaters, and dictates that most public institutions, including schools are segregated by gender.
Qualified English teachers in Saudi Arabia can realistically expect to make $1,500 - $3,000 tax-free per month. English teaching jobs are concentrated in the cities of Riyadh, Jeddah, Dammam and other larger cities.
Why is International TEFL Academy the Right Choice?
- One-on-One Pre-Enrollment Guidance: What TEFL class is best for teaching English in Saudi Arabia? Is Saudi Arabia the right country choice for me? How much money do I need to bring with me to Saudi Arabia & what visa do I need? Your personal ITA Advisor will help you navigate these questions about TEFL certification & teaching English abroad in Saudi Arabia.
- Professional TEFL Certification Courses: We offer accredited TEFL certification courses online (11 weeks online) and in-person (4 weeks) in 25 locations worldwide, both of these course options would qualify you to teach in Saudi Arabia. Every ITA TEFL class exceeds international professional standards for instructor qualifications, accredited curriculum, and student teaching hours.
- We Have Been in YOUR shoes: Everyone on the ITA staff has extensive international experience. Travel is in our blood. It’s our passion to help people realize how realistic this dream of living & working abroad can be. We all appreciate the challenges & rewards of living, traveling, and working abroad.
- One-on-One Job Search Guidance for Teaching English in Saudi Arabia: How do I actually find a teaching job in Saudi Arabia? Once enrolled in any ITA TEFL class, you’ll work with our team of expert Student Affairs advisors to help you prepare for your job search in Saudi Arabia. Enjoy access to the most comprehensive job resources & guidance on the planet to help you navigate international job markets across Saudi Arabia, the Middle East, and in 80 countries worldwide.
- Access to ITA Worldwide Alumni Network: Don’t know anyone in Saudi Arabia? No problem! ITA has a tight knit group of alumni in Saudi Arabia, and you’ll be able to connect with fellow teachers before you head abroad. As an ITA alumni you have exclusive opportunities to network, connect, and correspond with our 20,000 ITA alumni teaching English across the globe. This is a great way to meet friends before you leave for Saudi Arabia & get all of your questions answered by current ITA alumni on the ground abroad in the Middle East!
How Do I Get Started?
Contact International TEFL Academy for your starter brochure or call us directly at 773-634-9900 & start working with your personal Admission Advisors. Your advisor will work with you one-on-one to answer your all of your questions, go over your options & set up your game plan to see the world. Your advisor will be happy to speak with you as many times as you need to go over job markets, hiring requirements, TEFL course options & much more.
Your journey begins now so let’s get in touch & let’s get started!