Most Affordable & Trusted Volunteer Programs in Belgium from $495

Trusted by 90,000+ volunteers, IVHQ offers the most popular volunteer programs in Belgium and 40+ other destinations around the world.

You can choose from 4 volunteer project options in Belgium and give back for periods ranging from 1 week to 6 weeks. Your Program Fee includes airport pick-up, orientation, accommodation, meals and 24/7 in-country support. You’ll be accommodated in a hostel, with other like-minded, impact-focused travelers from around the world.

IVHQ is trusted to support the meaningful adventures of thousands of volunteers every year, so before you even depart for Belgium, you’ll receive outstanding personalized service from your expert Volunteer Program Manager and exclusive access to superior pre-departure volunteer training.

With IVHQ, you can expect to establish real connections within the local community while supporting projects that make a genuine difference.

• IVHQ’s Belgium program is available year-round, starting on the second and fourth Monday of every month
  • Highly affordable program fees starting from $495 - IVHQ provides the most affordable and top-rated programs
  • You’ll be joining between 5 and 10 other IVHQ volunteers who start in Belgium each month
  • You’ll be traveling with IVHQ, the volunteer travel experts, and joining a network of 90,000+ volunteers. Our outstanding safety systems and track record set us apart, we are the world’s safest organization
  • Your efforts will have a positive impact because our programs are community-driven with a focus on supporting long-term local needs

Anita

Brussels, Belgium 2018

My experience with IVHQ and Serve the City was great. The support I got from both IVHQ members and the STC team was so great. The preparation for the trip was very helpful and great.
I had been a little skeptical as well as hesitant because I had never traveled on my own before, but a lot of that was taken away the first day I arrived at Brussels. I was met with a team member and he showed me to ropes to traveling around via the metro system there and that was super helpful.
I was able to connect with the other IVHQers I met in Brussels and that made the trip so much better as well. We got to see a lot of the city and I definitely did not think the STC team asked too much of us.

The only thing I could ask for improvement on is getting an itinerary early on (if possible before the trip). This was shared with the STC team at the debrief we had at the end of my program.
Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Hi Anita. Thanks so much for sharing a review of your experience with us. It's awesome to hear you got to see and enjoy a lot of what Brussels has to offer - its an amazing city! Thanks again for choosing IVHQ and we hope to see you on an other program soon. Jamie - IVHQ Program Manager.

Kiersten

Brussels: Food Outreach

The Food Outreach program I participated in was absolutely amazing! I fell in love with Brussels the first day I was there. There is so much to do and see, and the people are so incredibly friendly! The Serve the City team was so supportive throughout the entirety of my trip, and were extremely realistic of expectations. They flourish based on the idea of “empathy and enjoyment.” They want you to be able to serve the city with empathy, and enjoy yourself while doing it! Not only was Serve the City amazing, but the rest of the IVHQ team that I volunteered with. Although we were very different in many ways, we were also very like-minded. We connected very early on, and spent our free time together exploring the city of Brussels. I would recommend this project over and over again!!

The hostel is not the greatest in terms of cleanliness and quality.
Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Hi Kiersten! Thanks so much for your review. It's awesome to hear you had an amazing time in Brussels and felt well supported during your stay. We hope to have you back on another IVHQ program soon! Jamie - IVHQ Program Manager.

Hanyu

Unforgettable 3 weeks in Brussles

Unexpectedly, the activities are pretty various and interesting, even though volunteers all have their own projects, working team also arrange the timetable according to what we prefer, and everyday we will be led by experienced volunteers.
The accommodation was surpriingly good and tidy.
The language will not be the obstacle, even we cannot speak French, we can also have happy work. Every place we helped is organized and people there are friendly.
The project I chose was Education support, all the kids I met were quite adorable, I really enjoyed lovely time with them.

Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Thanks for your review, Hanyu and for your feedback too. We're glad to hear you found the work in Brussels to be interesting and had a good time overall. Jamie - IVHQ Program Manager.

Lizy

IVHQ: Trip of a Lifetime

I volunteered with IVHQ in Belgium working on the "Mobile Library" project to assist with the immense refugee population in Brussels. This project provided a recreational outlet for the homeless. From start to finish I had constant support from the IVHQ team. I have volunteered through other programs and have found program fees to be overly expensive, but IVHQ offered a reasonable price and a quality program. The team I worked with during my program was "Serve the City". I have never found a group of more like-minded people and this made my placement the perfect fit for me. I stayed at the Norton House where the hosts provided us with a full breakfast and lunch each day. I have dietary requirements which I am normally able to deal with on my own, but they went out of the way to make sure that I was properly accommodated. Overall, I would highly recommend IVHQ! I am looking forward to my next trip with them.

The projects are all with the same organization "Serve the City". Often times, the other volunteers and I would do different things each day. If I had signed up for one project, it was likely that this would not be the only thing that I would be doing. This did not bother me, but it would be nice to know that in the project descriptions.
Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Hi Lizy! Thanks so much for your review. It's so great to read how much you enjoyed your time on the program and the connections you made. ​Your feedback is also really helpful - we've already updated our Mobile Library description to make the variety of tasks clearer beforehand. Thanks again, and we look forward to having you back to volunteer with us soon. ^Jamie-lee - IVHQ Belgium Program Manager

Shaun

IVHQ Review - Food Outreach

My short time volunteering in Brussels has been at once inspiring, challenging, eye-opening and hugely rewarding. As part of my placement, I was assigned to a number of NGO's throughout the city aimed at tackling homelessness, poverty and the ongoing refugee crisis.

The broad and varied nature of our work meant that as a volunteer, I was able to gain experience in a number of different charitable settings ranging from a kitchen serving hot meals to those affected by homelessness and/ or poverty to an organisation based in the Raphael center through which we collected and distributed leftover foods from businesses and schools around the city.

Although a six or seven o'clock start might not appeal to many, the early morning starts meant that we would usually finish by one-ish at the latest; a timeframe which allowed us plenty of time in the afternoons and evenings to explore the city, see the sights and sample some of the local foods.

I found that the concept of voluntourism enabled me to make effective use of my Easter break whilst also getting to experience a new country, culture and language; and most importantly, make a positive difference in someone else's life.

For me, I think that one of the most rewarding parts of my time spent in Belgium was the gratitude and optimism shown by clients towards volunteers and vice versa in spite of their personal circumstances. I found this to be both heart-warming and eye-opening as we so often take for granted the little things like a hot meal and shelter.

When applying to volunteer in Belgium I was conscious that I was taking a chance in terms of the programme itself, the people I would be volunteering with and the nature of the work. However, is a chance which I am glad I took as it has led me to an amazing adventure and led me to meet some equally amazing people.

Better communication regarding activities and planning.
Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Hi Shaun. Thanks for taking the time to review your experience on our program in Belgium. I'm so glad to hear you had an inspiring and rewarding time which also challenged you. We hope to have you back for another IVHQ program soon. ^Jamie-lee - IVHQ Belgium Program Manager

About International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

IVHQ is the world’s most trusted and affordable volunteer abroad organization, offering the largest range of safe and impactful volunteer programs in 40+ destinations around the world.

Over 80,000 travelers have volunteered abroad with IVHQ over the...