Affordable Volunteer Programs in Belgium with IVHQ

You can now join IVHQ volunteering in Belgium! The IVHQ Belgium program is located in Brussels, the capital city of Belgium. You can IVHQ in Belgium by contributing to a variety of different volunteer projects including Education Support, Food Outreach, Mobile Library, NGO Support and Renovation.

Volunteers are accommodated alongside other volunteers in an apartment in Brussels and are provided with breakfast and lunch from Monday to Friday. The IVHQ Belgium program fees include airport pick-up, orientation, accommodation, meals and 24/7 in-country support.

• Programs are available year-round in Belgium at an affordable price of US$495 for 1 week
  • The IVHQ Belgium program begins on the second and fourth Monday of every month. You can choose to volunteer for durations ranging from 1 week to 12 weeks.
  • The IVHQ Belgium program is located in the capital city of Brussels, which is a popular tourist gateway for exploring the rest of Europe.
  • Belgium program fees include 24/7 in-country support, airport pick-up, program orientation, volunteer placement, accommodation, meals.
  • Brussels is a bustling, multicultural city with mouthwatering cuisine, including frites, waffles and chocolate!

Lizy

IVHQ: Trip of a Lifetime

I volunteered with IVHQ in Belgium working on the "Mobile Library" project to assist with the immense refugee population in Brussels. This project provided a recreational outlet for the homeless. From start to finish I had constant support from the IVHQ team. I have volunteered through other programs and have found program fees to be overly expensive, but IVHQ offered a reasonable price and a quality program. The team I worked with during my program was "Serve the City". I have never found a group of more like-minded people and this made my placement the perfect fit for me. I stayed at the Norton House where the hosts provided us with a full breakfast and lunch each day. I have dietary requirements which I am normally able to deal with on my own, but they went out of the way to make sure that I was properly accommodated. Overall, I would highly recommend IVHQ! I am looking forward to my next trip with them.

The projects are all with the same organization "Serve the City". Often times, the other volunteers and I would do different things each day. If I had signed up for one project, it was likely that this would not be the only thing that I would be doing. This did not bother me, but it would be nice to know that in the project descriptions.
Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Hi Lizy! Thanks so much for your review. It's so great to read how much you enjoyed your time on the program and the connections you made. ​Your feedback is also really helpful - we've already updated our Mobile Library description to make the variety of tasks clearer beforehand. Thanks again, and we look forward to having you back to volunteer with us soon. ^Jamie-lee - IVHQ Belgium Program Manager

Shaun

IVHQ Review - Food Outreach

My short time volunteering in Brussels has been at once inspiring, challenging, eye-opening and hugely rewarding. As part of my placement, I was assigned to a number of NGO's throughout the city aimed at tackling homelessness, poverty and the ongoing refugee crisis.

The broad and varied nature of our work meant that as a volunteer, I was able to gain experience in a number of different charitable settings ranging from a kitchen serving hot meals to those affected by homelessness and/ or poverty to an organisation based in the Raphael center through which we collected and distributed leftover foods from businesses and schools around the city.

Although a six or seven o'clock start might not appeal to many, the early morning starts meant that we would usually finish by one-ish at the latest; a timeframe which allowed us plenty of time in the afternoons and evenings to explore the city, see the sights and sample some of the local foods.

I found that the concept of voluntourism enabled me to make effective use of my Easter break whilst also getting to experience a new country, culture and language; and most importantly, make a positive difference in someone else's life.

For me, I think that one of the most rewarding parts of my time spent in Belgium was the gratitude and optimism shown by clients towards volunteers and vice versa in spite of their personal circumstances. I found this to be both heart-warming and eye-opening as we so often take for granted the little things like a hot meal and shelter.

When applying to volunteer in Belgium I was conscious that I was taking a chance in terms of the programme itself, the people I would be volunteering with and the nature of the work. However, is a chance which I am glad I took as it has led me to an amazing adventure and led me to meet some equally amazing people.

Better communication regarding activities and planning.
Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Hi Shaun. Thanks for taking the time to review your experience on our program in Belgium. I'm so glad to hear you had an inspiring and rewarding time which also challenged you. We hope to have you back for another IVHQ program soon. ^Jamie-lee - IVHQ Belgium Program Manager

About International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

IVHQ is the world’s most trusted and affordable volunteer abroad organization, offering the largest range of safe and impactful volunteer programs in 40+ destinations around the world.

Over 80,000 travelers have volunteered abroad with IVHQ over the...