View Other Details
Expedition fees include:
- 3 meals a day cooked for you by local chefs
- Accommodation in beach front eco-huts
- Science training
- Daily Scuba diving
- Scuba training if necessary
- Scuba dive gear
Expedition fees do not include:
- Flights, insurance, visa costs or personal field and dive kit
Discover the largest barrier reef in the western hemisphere by volunteering with Blue Ventures.
Based in the fishing village of Sarteneja and the Bacalar Chico Marine Reserve, our marine conservation dive expeditions offer volunteers from around the world a unique opportunity to get involved with Blue Ventures’ marine research and community conservation work. From coral reef surveys to homestays with a local family and environmental education, expedition volunteers are immersed in the full breadth of our innovative and integrated programmes. You’ll be living in a beautiful tropical setting alongside vibrant coastal cultures whilst gaining scientific research skills and SCUBA diving qualifications.
Expedition volunteers are at the heart of everything we do and we’d love to have you join us!
- Dive in UNESCO World Heritage Site Bacalar Chico Marine Reserve
- Collect data used to inform national conservation policy
- Learn to dive or improve your skills!
- Live life on a remote tropical island
- Contribute to world leading marine conservation organisation