Affordable & Trusted Volunteer Programs in Belize

You can now join IVHQ volunteering in Belize! The IVHQ Belize program is based on a small private island, 26 miles off the coast of Placencia in Southern Belize. Volunteer work takes place at sea and volunteers are accommodated in a well-equipped volunteer house on the island. Whilst on the IVHQ Belize program you will have the opportunity to join a Unique Marine Conservation project and assist in a variety of conservation efforts focused on the protection of the marine ecosystem in Belize.

Volunteers are accommodated in volunteer house on a small private island and are provided with three tasty meals each day. The IVHQ Belize program fees include airport pick-up, orientation, accommodation, 3 meals per day and 24/7 in-country support.

• Programs are available year-round in Belize at an affordable price of US$690 for 1 week
  • The IVHQ Belize program begins every Monday and volunteers can choose to volunteer for periods ranging from 1 week to 8 weeks.
  • The Belize volunteer program is based on a small private island, 26 miles off the coast of Placencia in Southern Belize.
  • IVHQ Belize program fees include airport pick-up, orientation, accommodation, 3 meals per day and 24/7 in-country support.

Nora

A wonderful diving and volunteering opportunity

My son and I were on Tom Owens Caye with Reef CI last week. The program was outstanding! The dive instructors and support staff were wonderful. The locations we dove were interesting and diverse. Willy, Pete, Felix and Matt were knowledgeable, and committed to both safety and fun. The cooks prepared great food, and it was plentiful! The housekeeper truly cared about the guests comfort, ensuring rooms were kept clean daily. We would return in the future, definitely.

Continue maintenance and improvements to the Island's facilities.
Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Hi Nora, Thanks for taking the time to write a review of your time on our Belize program. It sounds like you had a fantastic time and made a valuable contribution to marine conservation efforts. We hope to have you join us again soon! ^Clover - IVHQ Belize Program Manager

Serena

Belize - marine conservation

My journey to Belize was an amazing experience. I was unsure what to expect. The arrival to the island was excitng, a beautiful secluded island with small cabanas. The laid back vibe of the staff was a refreshing change to my usual fast paced life.
The days consisted of diving, eating and napping mostly, with some education and recreational island activites.
The food was delicious, the staff were wonderful in catering for any dietary needs.
The dive masters were excellent, and accommodating of all skill levels.
My only regret is not staying for longer!

Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Hi Serena, Thanks for sharing a review of your time on the Belize Program. It sounds like you had an amazing time and loved the change of scene! Thanks for making a wonderful contribution to the Belize program and we hope to have you join us again :) ^Clover - IVHQ Belize Program Manager

Nia

Belize Trip!

My trip to Belize was nothing short of amazing. The amount of coral that I saw, the amount of fun dives that I got to go on and the amazing people that I met truly made my experience one of a kind.

Traveling to Belize not only allowed me to become PADI Open Water Certified but it gave me the types of experience that will allow me many opportunities in my field of environmental science! I was able to learn a lot about the biodiversity of the ocean as well as gain hands on experience of spearing lion fish as well as learning why they are such an invasive species. I went on my trip to further my education but seeing how impactful I was being by learning and removing the lionfish, I can say that I had a rewarding experience but that would minimize it.

My trip was truly an amazing time and I would hope that many other people will be able to get to have an opportunity similar to mine!

I think that there were a lot of technical errors. There was issues with having all of the dive instructors present, we never stuck to the itinerary, and we hardly ever went over our lectures. I think that this was not as organized as I had thought or had planned it to be which lead to some disappointment.
Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Hi Nia, Thanks for sharing your experience volunteering with us in Belize! It's awesome to hear you were volunteering alongside such a welcoming a diverse group of volunteers. It sounds like you learned a lot and made a valuable contribution to the program. We hope to have you join us for another program soon! ^Clover - IVHQ Belize Program Manager

About International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

IVHQ is the world’s most trusted and affordable volunteer abroad organization, offering the largest range of safe and impactful volunteer programs in 40+ destinations around the world.

Over 80,000 travelers have volunteered abroad with IVHQ over the...