Teach English in a Homestay in Brazil for 1 or 2 Months with Greenheart Travel

Teach English in a Homestay in Brazil for 1 or 2 Months with Greenheart Travel

Greenheart Travel's Teach in a Homestay program gives you the opportunity to immerse yourself in Brazil's vibrant culture as a volunteer English language tutor. You will spend 15 hours per week tutoring your Brazilian host family in conversational English. The rest of the time is yours to explore your host community and travel.

Homestay locations are all throughout the country in medium to small cities with larger cities accessible with public transportation.

Program Highlights:
--Volunteer tutoring position with a local host family
--15 hours per week teaching- rest of the time is yours to explore and travel
--Placements throughout the country
--Accommodation with volunteer host family
--1 or 2-month placements
--Rolling start dates twice monthly

Program Price:
1 Month – $1,570
2 Months – $1,700

• Host family accommodation and meals included
  • Assistance from a personal program manager before, during and after your program
  • 15 hours of tutoring per week leaves time to learn Portuguese and explore the country
  • 24 Emergency contact service and medical insurance included
  • Pre-departure orientation & cultural training provided by your program manager
South America » Brazil
Project Types
Portuguese
Winter
Year Round
-Host family search, screening and placement process
-Single room accommodation with carefully screened host family
-Three delicious meals a day for duration of program
-Local office support in Brazil
-Orientation upon arrival
-Comprehensive medical insurance
-Pre-departure orientation
-Culture & Etiquette Guidebook
-Resume-enhancing experience as a Private Language Tutor
-Full immersion Portuguese language practice
Placements are throughout the country - teachers must be flexible

Hi! Thanks for reaching out about our teach in a homestay program in Brazil! We aren't able to place more than one person with a host family in this program, but some of our other teach in a school programs can accommodate couples. If you are interested in learning more about these options you can check out the eligibility and detail information here: http://greenhearttravel.org/about-teaching-in-...

Margryt
Alberta, Canada

Life changing program

This program is absolutely life changing. I went into the program unsure of what to expect as this was my first home stay program. When I arrived in Brazil, I was greeted with open arms. I stayed with two different families and both were amazing. Greenheart travel did a great job organizing these home stays and making sure that both families were friendly, reliable, and safe. I was very impressed with the work that Greenheart Travel put in ahead of time to ensure that my trip would be absolutely perfect. Their partnership organization in Brazil checked in several times and I received several check in emails from Greenheart Travel staff while I was away. I would definitely recommend this program!

Sasha
Vancouver, Canada
University of British Columbia

Experiencing Brazil from the inside out

My month abroad in Brazil was undeniably one of the most enriching and transformative experiences of my life. I chose to do the program without really knowing what to expect; I just knew that I wanted to learn Portuguese and experience Brazilian culture through the eyes of a local family.

Since my host family was quite large, I was able to experience the contrasting realities of three generations, spanning from the ages of 22-85, each with different values, jobs, hobbies, perspectives, and approaches to life...Needless to say, I learned a lot, as each member of the family was eager to share their unique tastes, activities, and favourite places with me!

One of my favourite experiences was visiting a public rural elementary school in the outskirts of São Paulo. Since one of the members of my host family worked as a school teacher, she offered to take me one day as a guest. It was an incredibly moving and eye opening experience for me, as many of the children had never seen a foreigner before. It was charming to be asked so many questions about life in Canada, to share words in English, and to connect with these kids who grew up in an entirely different world than my own.

For me, there's nothing more fulfilling than expanding my own understanding of the world through experiencing the diversity of cultures, languages, social classes, lifestyles, values, and people. Teaching English in a Homestay in Brazil gave me this opportunity. What's more, I finished the program with lifelong friendships, a library of aventures and stories, and memories I will cherish for the rest of my life.

Options! To be able to review the family and location beforehand. It's fun to draw blindly from the hat, but the program could be much more fulfilling and pointed if participants were able to choose where they would like to go.

Since we travel long distances to participate in the program, it is nice to know you can have a say in where you will be and to also be part of the process of crafting the experience you would like to have....

It's almost absurd to think you have to drop a deposit without even meeting your host family!

My recommendation is to provide options, and then set up a skype with the potential host family and participant to make sure both parties are happy with the placement.

Greenheart Travel is excited to provide authentic cultural immersion experiences for teenagers and adults in countries all over the world. Our programs include volunteer opportunities, short and long term teaching contracts and work and internship positions abroad. We also offer TEFL certification, high school study