Most Affordable & Trusted Senior Volunteer Programs with IVHQ

Toddler and senior volunteer playing with a ball
Toddler and senior volunteer playing with a ball

IVHQ is the world’s most trusted and affordable organization for Senior Volunteering, offering the largest range of safe and impactful volunteer projects for seniors in over 40 destinations around the world. Over 110,000 travelers have volunteered abroad with IVHQ over the past 10 years, making IVHQ the world’s most experienced volunteer organization with the best safety record. With program fees starting from only $180, IVHQ makes organizing a senior volunteer vacation easy and affordable.

Hi Emilia! All IVHQ programs are open to volunteers of all ages but there are programs specifically for over 30s and families. IVHQ also has recommendations for volunteer work abroad for over 60s that can be found here:

Abby

Special Needs Program Cambodia

I travelled to Phnom Penh, Cambodia in May 2019 for four weeks. I volunteered on the special needs project and was placed in a primary school outside the city. I volunteered in the special needs classroom there, where there was about 15 children ages 5-21 with a variety of cognitive and/or physical disabilities. There are not many opportunities for children (or adults) with disabilities to receive an education, so this classroom was very unique in that the teachers did everything they could to support the children and give them a place to learn and grow. I was fortunate enough to provide my knowledge and skills as a student in OT school to the children and staff members so they had a better idea on what activities and strategies to use for the children. This experience was so eye opening and allowed me to take a step back from my busy life and appreciate all that I have back in my home country. I cannot wait to volunteer through IVHQ again in the future as this experience was so life changing and amazing.

Keep an open mind and unplug from other things happening in your life. Truly live in the moment and remember that you are there to make as much of a positive impact as you can.
Aritra

My experience in Cambodia

I had a fantastic experience during my time in Cambodia! This was my first time volunteering so I didn't know what to expect, but by the end of it I was extremely satisfied.
I was in the teaching program, and it was a very fulfilling undertaking, with my only regret being that I wasn't there longer. The kids, the resident teachers, the staff, my fellow volunteers; everyone was amazing!
IVHQ did a great job organising everything, and all went smoothly. Definitely recommend!

Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Thank you for your feedback Aritra, it's awesome to hear you had such a good time on your program. Our local team is very grateful for the help you were able to give during your time on the program We would love to see you volunteer with us again in the future. Sam - IVHQ Program Manager.

Rola

An unforgettable experience volunteering in Cambodia with IVHQ!

I had an unforgettable experience volunteering in Cambodia with IVHQ! I worked at a school with children. The children are so full of warmth, so dynamic, and so loving. Their eagerness to learn made teaching them an invaluable experience that I can honestly say was the best thing I have ever done! With three classes that I saw every day, I can only say how keen these children are to learn English and how much curiosity they have about the world. Spending some time abroad and experiencing how people live in a different country is an impressive and very enriching experience. I was moved by how happy and friendly people can be when they have so little. After meeting new people, getting accustomed to their lifestyle, and learning through experience, I can definitely say this trip contributed to my world education and understanding of another culture, challenged my personal limits, and developed new friendships. IVHQ made it incredibly simple for me to sign up for my program and I am hoping to take another volunteer trip soon.
Thank you IVHQ for this memorable experience. I will definitely volunteer with you again.

To me, it is perfect. IVHQ webiste is incredibly helpful and the support staff are amazing and very helpful.
Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Hi Rola, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. It sounds like you learnt a lot from your time in Cambodia and it's wonderful to hear what impact you had on your placement and the children. Challenging personal limits can be a difficult but highly rewarding experience and we would love to see you one one of our other programs in the future. Sam - IVHQ Program Manager.