Plan My Gap Year - Volunteer in Cambodia from $360

Plan My Gap Year - Volunteer in Cambodia from $360

PMGY offers 2-week to 6-month volunteering opportunities in the charismatic capital city of Phnom Penh. Volunteers get involved in a wide-range of project work including English teaching and orphanage care.

Our programs in Phnom Penh run throughout the year. We have two start dates every month so you decide when you go and how long you go for.

Asia » Cambodia » Phnom Penh
- 24/7 in-country support
- In-country orientation course
- Volunteer Handbook
- Full Financial Protection
- And of course PMGY’s round the clock UK support service – It’s what we’re famous for!

Orla
Guernsey
University of Sussex

So inspiring and worthwhile!

Having previously been on other trips organised by companies other than PMGY, I must say my time volunteering in Cambodia was by far the most inspiring and fun. PMGY allowed us to balance teaching and relaxing so well, allowing us to explore the area as well as focussing on our teaching project.
Before I left to Cambodia, the pre-departure booklet was so useful and helped to answer any questions that I may have had, making me feel much more at ease. As soon as I arrived at the accommodation, the sense of community was clear and we were welcomed quickly by the leaders. While the accommodation was basic, it was all we needed while teaching and the food etc. was all freshly made.
Teaching the children was by far the most amazing part of my whole trip travelling Thailand and Cambodia. The enthusiasm of both the children and teachers would be hard to find anywhere else and it amazed me how quickly I became attached to the children! I had never taught before so I felt nervous before we started but the kids eagerness to learn and the positive vibe across the whole school immediately put me at ease.
I would definitely recommend volunteering in Cambodia as it is an experience i will never forget! The people you meet there are all amazing and I never thought I could enjoy teaching as much. The difference you can make in just 2 weeks is so fulfilling and I hope to go back soon!

Amie
Guernsey
University of Sussex

Amazing and rewarding experience!

I have previously volunteered with PMGY in Sri Lanka and absolutely loved it so I decided to volunteer in Cambodia. The experience was completely different but I still had an amazing time.
Teaching the kids was so rewarding as even in a short time you could see the genuine impact you were having and I became attached so quickly! Jason and the team are so supportive and will do everything they can to help while you are there and the UK team were always so quick to help me with any questions I had!
The accommodation was much more basic than the accommodation in Sri Lanka but you adapt very quickly and it is nice to see the money going to the school rather than the volunteers living arrangements. Another difference was that the focus was more on the teaching I felt so we had less nights out. This meant it felt like we were really helping and not just on holiday - but we still had Thursday night pub quiz and went to red club!!
I would highly recommend volunteering at the Hope Agency with PMGY Cambodia!

Lauren
London
University of Reading

Amazing Life Experience

I cannot begin to explain how amazing I found my two weeks volunteering in Siem Reap. Starting off in Phnom Penh was great & the training we received there was well planned & very useful. The staff were all incredibly helpful & were clearly concerned about our well being & safety along with ensuring that we were confident with what we might encounter. The man who accompanied us to Siem Reap was a star; he really did go above & beyond what any of us expected. He was such a great help in ensuring we were settled & comfortable in our new surroundings. The school that I
volunteered at along with one of my friends was beautiful. The children were all so friendly & inspiring. It really was an experience that I will never forget. My only wish is that we could have stayed longer; two weeks was definitely not enough time. PMGY were fantastic all the way through. It was so reassuring to know that we had a contact if absolutely anything went wrong or if we had a question about the rest of our travels. Thank you so much for your support & for such a great experience.

Plan My Gap Year (PMGY) is an award-winning international volunteer placement organisation based in the UK. We provide the worlds most affordable, need-driven and supportive short-term volunteer programmes across Africa & Asia. Our programmes start from just one weeks in duration right up to six