View Other Details
Your fee will include:
• Three meals a day, 5 days a week + 2 meals (breakfast and lunch) on Saturday & Sunday.
• The salary of our Colombian staff with whom you interact daily.
• The maintenance cost of the program and facilities e.g. new beds, plates, cups, utensils, building materials, farm system projects, and basic upkeep.
• Projects led by long-term volunteers and/or interns
• Unlimited Wi-fi access
• Operational costs of the project such as Colombian taxes
Live close to nature a sustainable (farming) experience and have the opportunity to contribute to the conservation of biodiversity and the stimulation of socio-economic development by the exchange of knowledge, experience, culture and language. Our volunteer programs are situated within the nature of Colombia at the surrounding mountains of Cali. (Parque Nacional Natural Farallones de Cali)
Currently the Biodiverse Development foundation builds infrastructure for a self-sustainable farm based on the principles of permaculture, which will provide in energy, food, education, medicine etc. This farm forms the base of the foundation as a visitors' centre for volunteers and other visitors. There is also the possibility to carry out other activities that are related to the objectives of the foundation such as teaching English, carry out reforestation projects etc. The foundation participates in connecting, developing and integrating existing initiatives.
- Unique location; precious nature/landscape/biodiversity (>500 bird species)
- Gain practical and theoretical experience in Permaculture
- Basic level of Spanish is not a must but recommended
- 30min. away from Cali, Colombia
- Program fee of $42,- per day includes, besides the program, all facilities (food, accommodation, WIFI etc.)