With almost six percent of the world's biodiversity in Costa Rica, it’s a country teeming with various species and ecosystems. Opportunities range from species specific projects and wildlife conservation to various community development programs.
All GVI programs ensure that you will be contributing towards sustainable objectives that have been carefully aligned with the 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals, and support the protection of Costa Rican ecology and the empowerment of local communities.
This allows you to experience the abounding nature of the country, like trekking through the densely populated rainforests, summiting some of the countries most scenic volcanic formations, relaxing on an idyllic beach shore, or going on zip-lining and kayaking adventures in your free time.
- Build on and improve your skills in marine and wildlife conservation, community development, education, and language acquisition.
- Learn about the UN Sustainable Development Goals, and contribute towards long-term objectives.
- Become a global citizen as you immerse in and better understand different cultures, traditions, customs, and ethnic cuisines.
- Live and travel in Costa Rica, connecting with the local community and other international volunteers.
- Improve your future employment opportunities, with hands on practical experiences and a larger database of knowledge.
GVI has a Community Development Internship in Thailand!
This is an opportunity to learn more about Chiang Mai's local Karen hill tribe culture, gaining intercultural communication skills and valuable teaching experience.