You can make a difference and volunteer with GVI in Costa Rica! From helping the local wildlife to working with underprivileged children, you can make a difference and learn about a new culture. GVI is sure to offer something for every type of volunteer in Costa Rica. Read more about each volunteer opportunity:
- Wildlife Expedition in Costa Rica: Volunteers have the chance to work outdoors in the rainforest with environmental and marine conservation. During your stay in this beautiful national park, you will participate in research surveys and exploring the local nature and wildlife including jaguars, pumas, turtles, tropical birds and more.
- Volunteer to Teach English in Costa Rica: Live on the Costa Rican coast while teaching English to underprivileged children, which is a very valuable skill. Volunteers can also help out with other subjects and activities.
- Volunteer with Children in Costa Rica: Work with children and immerse yourself in Costa Rican culture. Local schools need help with lesson plans, workshop and extracurricular activities.
- Jaguar Conservation in Costa Rica: Jaguar conservation work is becoming more and more important as the species continues to suffer and decline. Volunteers can make a big contribution while learning and researching in the beautiful forests of Costa Rica.
- Sea Turtle Conservation in Costa Rica: Work with the GVI conservation team to protect various species of endangered turtles. By recording data and patrolling beaches, volunteers can ensure the turtle population continues to thrive.
- Alternative Spring Break Costa Rica Community Development: Use your spring break to make a difference in the lives of disadvantaged communities; instead of simply traveling, spend your time giving back to a local community in Costa Rica. You get a chance to get involved in helping to develop the infrastructure and educational environments of the local community.
View Program Information