Great Value Conservation & Animal Care Projects from US$114/week

Do you want to volunteer to help an amazing variety of rescued animals or work at a conservation project?

Globalteer is a registered UK Charity providing ethical and responsible volunteering opportunities in animal care, rescue and conservation efforts. You will work directly with experienced project staff and have a clear role.

• Experience working closely with a variety of amazing animals.
  • Learn about conservation efforts and the issues surrounding the wildlife trade.
  • Help create a happy and respectful life for the rescued animals.
  • Meet new like-minded friends from around the world.
  • Volunteer with a trusted, responsible charity that has placed 1000’s of volunteers globally.

Yes, every project has accommodation available. Check out the project that interests you here: https://www.globalteer.org/volunteer-abroad/

No, you will receive the necessary orientation and training when you arrive at the project. You will also work alongside project staff.

Dear Sunniva, Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Globalteer. Unfortunately, we do not have any programmes that evolves around planting trees. If you would be interested in conservation in general, let me know and I will assist you in finding the perfect project for you and your daughter. Regarding volunteering with children, we have several projects suitable for family volunteering...

Jay

I wished I could have stayed for longer...

I volunteered at the Thailand rescue centre and absolutely loved it. The location is a really beautiful, chilled out place with a really friendly little village. There was a good balance of work and relaxing and exploring time and on days off there is quite a few places nearby to visit with nice beaches and some good bars to go out in! The centre is well organized and run.

There is a really interesting range of animals there and new ones arriving all the time but most importantly with the rehab program for gibbons you feel like you're contributing to a program that is actually making a difference and has a real future. We went on a jungle trip to the national park which was about 30 mins drive away and so we got to see some of the species at the centre in the wild plus some wild elephants and loads of other animals. The rooms are pretty basic but fine and meals are great although you do have to like rice! I wished I could have stayed for longer.

Jill

Great sanctuary in Indonesia

I volunteered in Indonesia at the sanctuary rescuing and releasing wild animals. There was a huge variety of animals and birds at the sanctuary which made it a wonderful experience. The sanctuary itself was really big and was doing great work protecting many species. I was really impressed with the place and had a great time with other volunteers from around the world. I would definitely recommend people support this sanctuary to help the amazing animals.

Paul

Awesome Elephants!

Amazing project in Thailand, the elephants are able to live wonderful lives at the sanctuary. The elephants come from difficult backgrounds but live a great, stress free life at this project. The volunteer work is great and you know you are making a difference by supporting this project. There are lots of volunteers helping the elephants and I got to meet wonderful people from all around the world.

Kelly

Borneo Volunteer

Probably the most beautiful place I have been! The small island was just like out of a TV advert, you could litterally walk around it in 30 minutes. The team there was great and I had such a great time. The work was fun and you really do see the results of your work. We planted so many new coral reefs and you can see all the old reefs the project has planted and all the marine life that has returned.

Kate

I love Elephants!

The elephant project is just amazing! I love elephants and just spending time with them and being able to care for them and improve their lives was just the best experience I have ever had.

The elephants come from such a tragic background. The project rescues them and basically let's them be elephants again. The are retired from a life of abuse and hard work.

I will definitely be back, the project is making a real difference to the elephants lives and also to the volunteers who are lucky enough to care for them.

Jason

Life Changing Experience

The Thailand Wildlife Sanctuary was just amazing!
There are so many animals there being helped and cared for by the project. There was always work to be done if volunteers wanted and even on downtime it was just great to wander around the sanctuary and be with the animals.

Meeting all the other volunteers was also amazing. I made some great friends who share my passion for animals.

I will always remember the call of the gibbons in the morning, nothing better to wake up to!

There is nothing that can make this important project better, they just need as much help as possible to care for the amazing animals.
Read my full story