World Endeavors: Volunteer in Costa Rica

World Endeavors volunteers in Costa Rica
World Endeavors volunteers in Costa Rica
Volunteer participant in Costa Rica
Volunteer participant in Costa Rica

Volunteers in Costa Rica can choose from a variety of unique and meaningful volunteer projects. Our programs are based in the city of Esparza, nestled amongst the mountains above Rio Barranca, in the Central Pacific Coast area of Costa Rica. Participants in this program have the opportunity to make a difference in the local community, while experiencing the beautiful landscape and laid-back Costa Rican culture. For those in search of a one-of-a-kind experience in a picturesque location, this opportunity is pretty hard to beat!

Tracie

Atenas Costa Rica Short Term Quest

The local support team was not available to help with trouble shooting once we got there. There were no language classes available as promised.

We enjoyed the placement but were not happy with the program's support when we needed assistance.

......................................................................................................................................................................................

Response from World Endeavors

Hi Tracie,

I’m sorry to hear that you were not happy with our in country support. I wish we could have worked out a solution while you were still abroad. It sounds like you were on a short term volunteer program, rather than an intern program and in Costa Rica language training is included for all our programs four weeks or longer, while programs shorter than four weeks focus on the volunteer project in order to maximize time at the project. I apologize for any miscommunication regarding the language classes.

We strive to provide a balance of independence and support in our programs but I understand that balance is different for everyone and I'm sorry we didn't meet your expectations. We offer our participants a safe and secure environment in which to explore the local culture independently while providing opportunities for personal growth.

I'd love to talk with you further so we can make improvements for future participants; feel free to contact our office anytime with concerns and comments.

-Elizabeth and the World Endeavors Team