The Turtle Rescue and Spanish Immersion program offers students the unforgettable opportunity to learn Spanish while making a difference at the same time. Tico Lingo has partnered with a nonprofit organization in Costa Rica dedicated to saving leatherback and green sea turtles. In this one-of-a-kind program, students spend two weeks volunteering before returning to Heredia for two more weeks of intensive Spanish classes and homestay family accommodation.
- Make a positive impact on the people and animal life of Costa Rica.
- See both a remote Costa Rican beach and a traditional Costa Rican city.
- Live with a local family in Costa Rica -- eat the food, experience the culture, and speak the language.
- Connect and work with other volunteers from all over the world.
- Learn the biology of different types of sea turtles and assist with the hatching of baby turtles.
Your contribution to the program not only helps with the protection of endangered sea turtles but also the betterment of lives of local Costa Rican families. You’ll walk away helping a community of animals and people while improving your ability to communicate in the Spanish language.