- Costa Rica
- Puerto Limón
View Other Details
– 1 Week Sea Turtle Rescue Volunteering that includes; beachfront accommodation, 3 generous international meals daily, turtle patrol & hatchery training, all necessary volunteer materials, and a round trip 4×4 + boat ride in and out of the project.
– 1 Week Group Spanish Classes (20 hour/week) that includes; written and oral exam to assess Spanish level, walking tour of Heredia, all necessary class materials
– 1 Week Homestay Accommodation in Heredia that includes; breakfast and dinner, wifi internet, and a private bedroom
– All necessary transportation; airport pickup, transfer to the volunteer project, boat ride through the jungle
* Add another week of volunteering for $360
Being that Costa rica is one of the most biodiverse countries in the world, five different sea turtle species call this beautiful country their home. These turtle species play an important role in maintaining the health of our Earth's oceans, but consistently face threats from habitat destruction, local poachers, and commercial fishing. As a volunteer, you will get hands-on conservation experience and make a valuable contribution to important research where you will play your part in securing the future of these endangered, fascinating creatures.
Set in one of the most remote tropical locations in Costa Rica, this project puts the volunteer on the beach and in the heart of the jungle. Meet travelers from around the world while you disconnect from technology, explore the lush rainforest, and make a significant impact on the native sea turtle population of Costa Rica.
- Make a positive impact on the people and animal life of Costa Rica.
- See both a remote Costa Rican beach and a traditional Costa Rican city.
- Live with a local family in Costa Rica -- eat the food, experience the culture, and speak the language.
- Connect and work with other volunteers from all over the world.
- Learn the biology of different types of sea turtles and assist with the hatching of baby turtles.
Why sign up?
Your contribution to the program not only helps with the protection of endangered sea turtles but also the betterment of lives of local Costa Rican families. You’ll walk away helping a community of animals and people while improving your ability to communicate in the Spanish language.