Participate in Global Volunteers' LGBT Programs

This program is no longer offered. View more programs from Global Volunteers.

Discover the Top Five Boomer Volunteer Vacations Worldwide.

Request a boomer volunteering brochure.

Global Volunteers' LGBT Volunteer Vocation Program engages lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) people in meaningful short-term volunteer projects. Work alongside local people on significant development projects. Our volunteer opportunities range from Teaching to Childcare, Labor to Gardening. Volunteer independently on any of our standard teams in 17 countries or arrange an LGBT service team for your school, youth, arts, or professional group in these fascinating and open-minded cultures: Cuba, the Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Greece, Italy, Mexico, Peru, Vietnam, and the Blackfeet Indian Reservation in Montana.

Request more information to discuss Global Volunteers LGBT programs and group service opportunities.

We are a proud member of the International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association!

Anytime as long as it takes

Linda

Volunteering at the Blackfeet Indian Reservation

I participated in the program at the Blackfeet Indian Reservation last July (2015). It was not strictly an LGBT program but I am a transgender (TG) woman. I believe my participation was breaking new ground for the TG community in particular. There were 14 volunteers including myself. I was treated as and housed along with the other women. I spent most of the week at the Blackfeet (adult) Care Center (BCC). I was treated with the utmost respect by the staff, other volunteers and the American Indians with whom I worked. The native Americans were very appreciative of our presence and assistance. It was a very fulfilling and memorable experience for me. I made many friends among the volunteer group. I am going to Cuba this year on a two-week volunteer assignment.

Linda Roberts

About Global Volunteers

Global Volunteers, a non-profit organization, has been giving short-term volunteers the chance to provide essential services to local people on service programs since 1984 - and trusted by 34,000+ volunteers. Volunteering for one to three weeks under...