Volunteer + TEFL Certification (from just $175 pw!)

Volunteer + TEFL Certification (from just $175 pw!)

Join us in 2017 on our volunteer program based in the beautiful town of Grecia, situated in the heart of Costa Rica.

Volunteers on our program will work within local schools, language institutes and community programs, specializing in teaching English to children. You will live and work in Grecia, regarded as one of the safest towns in Costa Rica and known for its friendly and welcoming people. Here you will become part of our volunteer team and a valued member of the community.

Volunteers will stay together in comfortable accommodation close to the centre of town in our newly renovated rooms. During your free time you will be able to benefit from Grecia's central location and easily explore the rest of the country on trips with your fellow volunteers. We also offer discounts on Spanish, dance and additional TEFL courses.

Volunteering with us is a unique experience that you will never forget.

North America » Costa Rica
Spring Break
Winter
Year Round
Guesthouse
Hotel
Program Cost:
$250 USD per week (4-week minimum stay)
or
$180 USD per week (excluding any meals)

Price Includes:
- Comfortable accommodation (same sex shared), with free wi-fi, use of kitchen, communal areas, laundry facilities and garden.
- Daily traditional breakfasts
- Daily lunch (with menu options)
- Airport pick-up and drop-off
- 24/7 in-country staff support and orientation meeting
- TEFL Certifcation program included at no extra charge ($1050 rrp)
- Use of outdoor swimming pool
- Discounts on Spanish, dance and additional TEFL courses.
Grecia

Alex
NYC
Metropolitan College of New York

Fun and sun: Costa Rica

I joined the program in October 2016 and stayed for just over a month and a half. I decided to volunteer in Costa Rica because I always like working with kids and wanted to learn some Spanish. The staff, the teachers and the other volunteers I worked alongside with were really cool people. Even though I am not a teaching student and don't plan on studying or working in education I felt like I was part of the team and contributed something while learning and the experience is a big plus on my resume. I am now studying for a semester in Canada and missing the Costa Rican sunshine. I hope to be back sometime soon for a visit.
Best all! Alex.

I should have stayed longer!

Casper
Munich

Teaching and leaning in Costa Rica

Hi! My name is Casper and I'm a early years education student from Germany. I decided to volunteer because I wanted to get some experience teaching before I take my masters. I chose the program based on the past reviews and also the location of the program, in Costa Rica. I stay for two months at T&L, in that time I worked at three different locations, an adult language school, a childrens community project and a public school, I got a lot of experience out of all three and really enjoyed the work. I even got to give a few classes in German and share some of my culture. This program is perfect if you love to teach and want to see Costa Rica and it's people. I don't have any complaints and would recommend it to any potential travellers or volunteers. Great program.

Gabe
Fayette
Upper Iowa University

Volunteering in Costa Rica

I had the best time ever in Costa Rica. Don't hesitate. Go!

This was my first time volunteering so I was a little nervous before starting but everyone made me feel at home, the staff, the other volunteers and most of all the kids.

The work was fun and so was hanging out with the other volunteers after class. Mostly we would help out with the kids in class, the staff placed us in roles best suited to our strengths. I got to try a little of everything and I felt like I appreciated by the kids and other teachers. As I volunteer you will help the local teachers with teaching and activities. I also did some tutoring which I liked a lot.

Costa Rica is a stunning country with plenty of things to do and see. There are beautiful beaches, mountains, hot springs waterfalls. It is hard to say what was my favorite. I really can't wait to go and visit again.

I stayed with the other volunteers, the rooms were really comfortable and there was a garden with hammocks and also a kitchen to cook. We had a traditional breakfast every morning and for lunch and dinner we had a choice of different things.

I would really recommend this program to anyone thinking of volunteering!

Gabe

Veronica
LA

Pura Vida

I have volunteered at over seven different projects all over the world in the past five years and without a doubt my experience at Teach and Learn was the best so far. The children, the other volunteers, the culture and the country, I couldn't have asked for a better three months.
The accommodation was excellent, as was the food, something that I haven't had good luck with in the past. Costa Rica is a beautiful country and well worth a visit on it's own. If you are looking for a volunteer place and like working with children then you've found the right one. Thanks for everything.
5 STARS *****

Megan
Toronto

Teach & Learn

I had an amazing time in Costa Rica volunteering with T&L.

I originally signed up for 5 weeks but ended up extending my stay to 8 weeks. The time I spent in Grecia will be memorable to me for the rest of my life, the things I achieved, the friends I made and the experiences I gained.

Starting with the volunteering, the work is kind of like being a teaching assistant, I helped organize and teach classes and also led my own activities sometimes. I worked with mostly young kids but also helped out with the teen classes some afternoons too. The kids were really interested to find out about me and I really felt like I was doing something worthwhile.

The town itself (Grecia) is a medium sized Costa Rican town, with all the things you need close by, shops, restaurants and a nice pool we could use. There is lots to do in and around town, I would recommend a trip to the nearby waterfall where you can swim and hike. I stayed in a room with two other volunteers in town, the room was simple but clean and comfortable. We had use of a kitchen and pretty garden too. Overall a nice place to stay. The food was tasty and we had different menu options we could choose to eat. In my free time I did regular trips around Costa Rica, the buses are cheap and easy and I didn't have any problems getting around with my limited Spanish.

I felt like I learned a lot during my 8 weeks in Costa Rica and left with a new set of skills as a teacher and also incredible memories.

I would rate my experience a 10/10

Megan.

Sebastian
Melbourne

Costa Rica

I volunteered with Teach & Learn for three months and it was one of the best experiences I have ever had. I worked together with local teachers and other volunteers in a community English project teaching children. The work was really fun and the kids were amazing. Apart from assisting in classes I also got to work on some of my own projects with the kids and I felt like my time at the project really made a difference. By the end of my time the kids would call me 'teacher' and when out in town whenever they spotted me they would always come and say hi.

Grecia is a nice small town but there was always something to do and I never got bored. I stayed with a group of volunteers (me and three others), the accommodation was a lot nicer than I had expected and the food was amazing. In the evenings and the weekends we would hang out together at the pool or in the gardens. The guys at Teach & Learn were really helpful in giving us advice on things to do at the weekends or places to visit. In the three months I spent in Costa Rica I visited the cloud forests, volcanoes, the Caribbean coast and the hot springs. Overall the only fault I have is that I didn't stay for another three months.

Teach & Learn Costa Rica is a small organisation that has been working and operating within local communities in Costa Rica for over 20 years. The two main aims of our organisation are firstly to provide unique and rewarding experiences to our program participants who