Volunteer in Costa Rica | Most Affordable & Trusted Projects

Volunteer in Costa Rica with VolSol1
Volunteer in Costa Rica with VolSol1
Volunteer in Costa Rica with VolSol3
Volunteer in Costa Rica with VolSol3

Volunteering in Costa Rica will surely be one of the best experiences. Being one of the world's leading ecotourism and conservation spots, this country attracts a lot of volunteers throughout the year and Volunteering Solutions has a wide range of interesting programs in the country. The most popular one is the Turtle Conservation Program where volunteers will have to spend most of their time on the beaches, looking after the Olive Ridley Turtles.

If you love kids and want to volunteer with children, then you can either choose the Child Care Program or the Teaching English Program. Medical students can join the Healthcare Volunteering Project and get first-hand work experience by working with professionals. It'll be an incredible learning opportunity for all. Animal lovers can also work at a Wildlife and Rescue Center with some of Costa Rica's most interesting endangered species.

• Choose to be a part of a meaningful project for a 1-week minimum to 24 weeks maximum.
  • Make a difference to the society with your effective contribution.
  • Meet like-minded travelers from other parts of the world and work for a common cause.
  • Make the most of your weekends, and walk down the hidden trails of the country.
  • Once you complete your project work, you'll get a Certificate of Completion that'll immensely benefit you in your career ahead.

Arashdeep

Costa Rica Medical Volunteering

One of the greatest experiences of my life. Although I was nervous about the language barrier, it made the whole experience that much better. Working with the elderly and sick was very satisfying and opened my eyes to a lot in the medical world. Everyone in Costa Rica is very friendly and caring, especially the host family who treated us as one of their own. I would love to go back and volunteer again if given the opportunity.

At the moment, I don't have any suggestions for how it can be improved, it was a wonderful experience and truly eye opening.
Jasjap

Costa Rica

Hey guys, so me and 2 of my friends went to Costa Rica for 1 week and we absolutely loved it! I would recommend going during December/January since it is dry season in Costa Rica, therefore allowing you to go more and enjoy you trip even more. We lived with a great host family that was very funny and very nice to us, not to mention the food was amazing. Our placement was a medical center for seniors where we volunteered for 4 days and have great time not only with the patients but with all the staff as well. Personally, I would recommend this trip to everyone but I feel like if you go with a friend or two it makes things much better. Overall great experience!

Maybe providing the volunteers with safety tips based on the areas they will be staying for the duration of their trip. Other than that everything was dealt with in a great manner.
Guiomare

Teaching in Costa Rica

It was easy to find Volunteering Solutions on Google and I was very impressed by their myaccount section on the site.

The program placement is very good. Working at the school was so great. I learned a bit of things and the people there was really nice. The accommodation was safe and clean and the meals were good too. In general all the experience represents to me a personal and professional learning. I met some really nice people and it is an unforgettable experience.

Location:
Jul-Sep
88 F / 73 F
Oct-Dec
86 F / 73 F

Costa Rica is known for its Pura Vida lifestyle and San José is a great place to get familiar with the lifestyle. One of the best ways to discover San José is through the arts; whether you like theatre, dance, or music, this is the quickest way to the heart of Costa Rica.

About Volunteering Solutions

Since 2007, Volunteering Solutions (VolSol) has been working with the aim of providing support to the underprivileged societies of the world in order to make a difference. Over the last 11 years, VolSol has placed more than 14500 volunteers across 20...