• Croatia
1 to 12 weeks

Program Details

Short Term Spring Break Summer Winter Year Round
Groups
Small Group (1-15) Medium Group (16-30) Large Group (31+)
Travel Type
Budget Family Senior Travelers Solo Women

Pricing

$549 USD
Fully hosted experience from only $549 for 1 week - this includes accommodation, meals, airport pick-up, orientation and 24/7 in-country support.
What's Included
Accommodation Airport Transfers Meals
What's Not Included
Airfare Travel Insurance Visa
Jun 13, 2021
Aug 19, 2021

Trusted by 114,000+ volunteers, IVHQ offers the world's most popular volunteer programs in Croatia and 50+ other destinations around the world.

Based in the coastal hub of Split and surrounding areas, volunteers can choose from 6 meaningful programs starting at just US$549 for one week. When you're not giving back to the local community, you can immerse yourself in Croatian culture and join exhilarating tours for periods ranging from 1 to 12 weeks.

Your fully-hosted experience includes airport pick-up, orientation, accommodation, meals and 24/7 in-country support. You’ll be accommodated in a dormitory-style volunteer hostel with other like-minded, impact-focused travelers from around the world.

IVHQ is trusted to support the meaningful adventures of thousands of volunteers, so even before you depart, you’ll receive outstanding service from your IVHQ Program Manager and gain exclusive access to volunteer training and preparation tools.

Program Highlights

• IVHQ’s Croatia programs are available year-round, starting the first and third Monday of every month
  • Fully-hosted volunteer experience from only $549 for 1 week - IVHQ provides the most affordable and top-rated programs
  • You’ll be joining a global network of 114,000+ volunteers backed by the world’s leading team of volunteer travel experts with an outstanding safety system and track record
  • Support impact-driven volunteer projects run by locals within your host community
  • Flexible booking and free changes so you can register with confidence

IVHQ Scholarships

You can get your hands on a range of different International Volunteer HQ sponsorships throughout the year, with the money you win going directly towards the cost of one of their two-week programs. You'll also get a flight voucher in the value of up to $1,000 from STA Travel and travel insurance to cover the duration of the program from World Nomads. Recent grants have included an “Alternative Break” scholarship, where Spring, Summer or Winter break programs were fully funded.

$1,000 - $2,000

Popular Programs

Volunteer with animals in Croatia

Pet shelters play an important role in Croatia, helping to rescue a high number of cats and dogs that are abandoned by their owners. Animal shelters are often overcrowded, and volunteers help to promote the health and wellbeing of the animals while giving them the best chance of being adopted.

volunteer in Croatia with IVHQ

As a Marine Conservation volunteer, you’ll help a local dive school to restore and maintain the natural state of the marine ecosystem around Croatia. You’ll be learning and using your scuba diving skills to make a real difference with ocean clean-ups and other activities to help the natural ecosystem be as pristine as possible.

Youth Support in Croatia with IVHQ

As a Youth Support volunteer, you’ll act as a positive role model for students aged between 7-18 years old. Tasks include helping with homework, organizing activities and sports and assisting with general work around the center. You’ll also help to teach English in an informal way, mostly through your day to day interactions. Learning English is seen as a valuable skill, but it is often one of these students’ biggest difficulties.

Camille

Amazing experience in Croatia, on the Marine Conservation program

My volunteer trip to Croatia went perfectly well; the organizers were incredibly kind and through this experience, I was able to meet some amazing people, with whom I made some very strong friendships.
However, I was only in Croatia for one week and I think it should be stated on the website that one week is not enough for the marine conservation program. Indeed, since I was not at all qualified in diving, teaching me all the basics took the whole week and I had very little opportunity to pick up trash on the ocean floor.
Nevertheless, I still insist that it was an extraordinary experience and one that I will remember for the rest of my life!

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
Our volunteer schedule ran from Monday to Friday, so we had the entire weekend to enjoy our free time and visit the area. With my friends that I met on this program, we decided to do a 5 Islands tour. The first islands were certainly very beautiful, but nothing impressive. Then, the organizers of the tour announced to us that we would have to wait a little while on an island to reach our next destination: the blue cave. In the beginning, we just thought that we would have to wait for 30min, 1h at the most! But as time went by, it took more than 2h30 before we could leave. During this time, we really hoped that this visit would be worth it, especially since the island where we were waiting was almost uninhabited and we were very hungry...! So, once the waiting was over, we got back onboard a small boat and headed to the blue cave... The guide showed us the tiny entrance we had to pass through: it was so small that we wondered if we would even be able to get in! But once the passage was behind us, many admiration shouts rose among us: the beauty of the cave, of a brilliant blue, reflecting on the walls had amazed us all!
1 person found this review helpful.
Katie

Unforgettable experience

I volunteered with IVHQ in Croatia for 2 weeks on the animal care programme where I looked after dogs and cats in an animal shelter. The animal care programme was amazing, there was a very relaxed atmosphere and it was perfectly balanced with volunteering and having free time in the afternoons and evenings.

The price is affordable, and the accommodations and food was great and very worth it for the price, as they are included in the programme fee.

I would definitely recommend to anyone looking to try a new experience - it is suitable for everyone!

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I would take more swimming costumes as I didn't expect to go to the beach as much as I did!
Sadie

A Wonderful Time in Croatia

I really enjoyed my volunteer experience in Croatia. I worked in the Creative Technologies position, and I got to work with the only no-kill animal shelter in the area. I was able to combine both my passion for marketing and video making with my passion for animal care! On top of my wonderful placement, the town of Split was wonderful. The weather, the people, the food-- everything was perfect! If you get the chance, definitely do this program. I wish I could have been there for longer! I know that I will definitely return!

Definitely make the most of each day! Go explore! I really love the pebble beaches so definitely visit those.