Best Rated & Affordable Volunteer Programs in Croatia

Trusted by 110,000+ volunteers, IVHQ offers the most popular volunteer programs in Europe and 50+ other destinations around the world.

You can choose from 6 volunteer project options in Croatia and give back for periods ranging from 1 week to 12 weeks. Your Program Fee includes airport pick-up, orientation, accommodation in a dormitory-style hostel, meals and 24/7 in-country support. Volunteers are accommodated in a dormitory-style hostel located in Split with other like-minded, impact-focused travelers from around the world.

IVHQ is trusted to support the meaningful adventures of thousands of volunteers every year, so before you even depart for Croatia, you’ll receive outstanding personalized service from your expert Volunteer Program Manager and exclusive access to superior pre-departure volunteer training.

With IVHQ, you can expect to establish real connections within the local community while supporting projects that make a genuine difference.

• IVHQ’s Croatia program is available year-round, starting on the first and third Monday of every month.
  • Highly affordable program fees starting from $549 - IVHQ provides the most affordable and top-rated programs.
  • You’ll be joining between 5 and 15 other IVHQ volunteers who start in Croatia each month.
  • You’ll be traveling with IVHQ, the volunteer travel experts, and joining a network of 110,000+ volunteers. Our outstanding safety systems and track record set us apart, we are the world’s safest organization.

COVID-19 Update: IVHQ Programs In 30+ Countries Now Open!

IVHQ's world-leading volunteer programs have reopened in more than 30+ countries with additional health and safety measures in place. Thanks to IVHQ's flexible booking policy, it's free to change your dates, volunteer program or destination if your plans change.

Katie

Unforgettable experience

I volunteered with IVHQ in Croatia for 2 weeks on the animal care programme where I looked after dogs and cats in an animal shelter. The animal care programme was amazing, there was a very relaxed atmosphere and it was perfectly balanced with volunteering and having free time in the afternoons and evenings.

The price is affordable, and the accommodations and food was great and very worth it for the price, as they are included in the programme fee.

I would definitely recommend to anyone looking to try a new experience - it is suitable for everyone!

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I would take more swimming costumes as I didn't expect to go to the beach as much as I did!
Sadie

A Wonderful Time in Croatia

I really enjoyed my volunteer experience in Croatia. I worked in the Creative Technologies position, and I got to work with the only no-kill animal shelter in the area. I was able to combine both my passion for marketing and video making with my passion for animal care! On top of my wonderful placement, the town of Split was wonderful. The weather, the people, the food-- everything was perfect! If you get the chance, definitely do this program. I wish I could have been there for longer! I know that I will definitely return!

Definitely make the most of each day! Go explore! I really love the pebble beaches so definitely visit those.