Volunteer in Prague as a Teacher

Come Discover Wonderful Czech Republic & Teach English
Come Discover Wonderful Czech Republic & Teach English

Spend a week in a beautiful countryside venue with all expenses paid!

Welcome to Angloville.

Angloville offers cultural exchange programs where volunteers receive free board and lodging in beautiful countryside hotels in exchange for helping local program attendees from the Czech Republic practice their English language skills.

A typical 6 day program is spent in a stimulating environment with Czech people in a series of one-on-one discussions, group activities, negotiations, hiking, walking, swimming, meals (with both Czech and English speakers), entertainment, and social time.

It's sure to be an unforgettable time and we assure that you'll leave with new friends, fond memories and a invaluable insight to the country and its people.

• Free Board and Lodging.
  • Free Tour of Prague.
  • An opportunity to connect with people from 20+ countries.
  • No Participation Fees.

Sahil

Angloville Prague

One of the most pleasant, heartwarming and endearing volunteer opportunities there are. Nothing was more insightful than seeing kids immerse themselves and improve their spoken communication. Building so many rapports has taught me a lot about myself and skill set whilst simultaneously, improving the kids/junior confidence. An excellent opportunity I would recommend to anyone and everyone. The children and faculty staff were incredibly hilarious, eager to learn and very spontaneous. The programme is exceptional and excellent in its aptitude and capability to educate children in a very different way, through alternative curriculum, as opposed to an ordinary class room environment. Seeing them thrive and comprehend and learn had to be the highlight of the programme itself.

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
Dumplings - a lot of foods were called dumplings! It wasn't just the typical oriental food. Got to love a few dumplings haha!
David

Enjoyable week in Prague

This was my third Angloville experience and found this one of my favorite. There is no question the Angloville program in Prague was a delight this summer and additionally, this European kind of travel blends purpose with fun. It was encouraging to see the schema of language development progress with the participants' abilities for their real conversational usage of English, normally, as an educator in a GCC country during the rest of the school year one doesn't have this kind of progress in a TEFL environment. The Coordinator and schedule worked well with the Mentors and there were plenty of us to engage with the participants throughout the week. Its great meeting people from all over who enjoy visiting; looking forward to doing this next year!

The venue for meals needs to be improved for a bit of variety.
Lovejot

Angloville Prague

My week long Angloville experience took place in the mountains of Czech Republic. It allowed me to improve my communication as well as socialising skills as we spent over 12 hours a day together with people previous strangers to us. But is also meant we created strong bonds over short periods of time- learning about the culture of the students from Czech Republic, and the day to day lives of the native speakers. There were games, group activities, sports as well as teaching sessions so there was never a boring hour. We were also given accommodation and free meals. The food was delicious native Czech Republic food that allowed me to expand my palette and find a new favourite dish!!!! Moreover, the accommodations were twin bedrooms therefore allowed individuals to get close to their roomie and not feel alone or left out.

Although it was nice to get to know people I thought it was was quite intense to always be socialising and maybe less full on activities. Also food variety.
Sharon

Czech Republic Program

I just finished a week volunteering at the Angloville Program at the Hotel Lanterna. It was a very wonderful experience getting to know the Czeck participants and help them improve their English. Spending time with all of the different participants helped me grow as an individual as well as meeting native English speakers from around the world. The setting was beautiful and I would highly recommend this program. The food and hotel room was very good. We had a breakfast and dinner buffet which was good since we had many food choices and the variety of food was good. The coordinators were very helpful and friendly. We had many one-on-one language exchanges with the participants so we were able to talk with all of the participants as well as do group activities.

The communication before the program begins needs to be improved. I only received one email from the program and it was 10 days before the program began. The meeting place was changed from Ostrava to Prague which was a surprise and required me to make travel plan changes.
Zoe

Angloville Czech Republic, Hotel Buchlov

An enjoyable and fun experience for cross cultural exchange between locals wanting to learn English more fluently and people who enjoy socialising, learning and experiencing local culture. It is extremely easy for the natives, rather like a vacation especially if you like talking a lot and to many people! Staying together as a group with multiple nationalities was fun. On this particular program there were even 10am starts!! (Many stayed on to socialise and drink at night too so the 10am starts came in very handy!!). In this program, speaking English was not enforced between the students which made for a more relaxed vibe as well. Hotel Buchlov was a nice venue, the staff and soups especially were great, the castle and forest walks were nearby. Aaron and Zdenek coordinated the program well. Definitely consider it if you are travelling around Europe or on vacation and want something interesting, cultural and constructive to do.

hi
Richard

Four Programmes As A Volunteer

I have done four programmes as a native speaker, firstly in Czechia, and Hungary, and then two programmes in Poland. It has always been a wonderful and rewarding experience in terms of the English teaching, but also because of the characters I have met, and the memories that we've created. I have also recently become TEFL qualified with Angloville after completing 120 hours of teaching plus the online course. I will definitely continue to volunteer for Angloville in the future.

John

Interesting cross-cultural experience

This was an interesting cross-cultural experience. I got to interact with participants from the Czech Republic and Poland, and from volunteers from around the world. There should be better vetting of volunteer English ability. There should also be better vetting of the accommodations. I heard many compliments from both participants and volunteers from both venues (in two different countries). The strength of the program was a credit to the organizers.

Be upfront and honest about the program signed up for. I signed up for the adult program but was shifted to family without notification.
Anthony

Living in a Castle

Fantastic experience all in all! I truly enjoyed getting to know all of the participants, and I am confident all of the learners bettered their language. The venue was beautiful, and the coordinators were fantastic. Without a doubt, I would recommend this program to others. I hope to do another program in the future with my wife. Although I got tired from all of the talking, I am so happy I did this program.

Less Czech language