- Dominican Republic
- Santo Domingo
View Other Details
Journey to the mountain towns of the Dominican Republic and live in the rural community you will be serving. With little cellphone service, electricity, or running water, you'll come to understand first-hand the lifestyle of the millions living in rural poverty.
In nine days, we'll complete the construction of a water or sanitation project. The communities we work in either lack access to running water safe for drinking, or lack access to hygienic bathrooms. In a water project, our team will construct a water system, in which a fresh water source will be connected via gravity-driven aqueduct to the homes of every family. In a sanitation project, needy families without bathrooms will have ventilated improved pit latrines built adjacent to their homes.
- Work alongside locals to build a water or sanitation project.
- See the project's completion from start to finish.
- Participate in a Women's Empowerment workshop.
- Spend free time hiking, visiting families, and exploring the community.
- Visit a pristine beach and enjoy fresh seafood on the shore.