View Other Details
Note: During the COVID-19 outbreak, Global Volunteers is waiving the fee to transfer from affected service programs to a future date.
Guide, mentor, and tutor children living in poverty to give them a head start in life. As a volunteer, you will help children, families, and preschool teachers in an area of Quito that needs it most. This is a great volunteer opportunity for all types of volunteers.
Our Ecuadorian host partner needs your help in these areas:
- Childcare and teaching: toddlers and preschoolers.
- Construction: maintenance and renovation of childcare facilities.
- Physical labor: landscaping, painting, and masonry.
- Teaching English language skills: helping early childhood educators with their conversational English through games and fun learning activities.
- Public health: Helping with health campaigns and promoting healthy habits like washing hands with soap and water.
Volunteer projects start year-round so visit our website for the most up-to-date information.
- Total immersion in the Ecuadorian experience at this child development center.
- Work with Ecuadorians on projects that are priorities for them. Support local development.
- All logistics (except for international airfare) arranged by our staff, so you can focus on volunteering.
- Global Volunteers' policy: safety trumps everything. Volunteers are well taken care of by their Team Leader while on a service program.
- Discover the gorgeous Andes and Quito, the highest capital city in the world, with its vibrant and fascinating cultures.
Make a real difference in the lives of the children and teachers at these early childhood development centers. Expand their opportunities by providing essential services playing with and guiding toddlers ages 1-3, assisting their caregivers, helping improve their classrooms and educational resources, and enhancing their health and nutrition. Thanks to volunteers such as yourself, and the women who support these centers, these children have a safe, nurturing space where they can learn and grown while their mothers are at work each day. Without these centers, these children might be left to the street or an abandoned home. Global Volunteers' support of the centers help keep them running year round. You'll receive tons of gratitude from these smiling, engaging children.