We are seeking volunteers to work with youth from difficult backgrounds who are attending the Awaken foundation for both education and socialization. These are children who might have one or both parents in jail, who might have started working at a very early age to help support their family, or who might have been abused. Most students attend the foundation during the day, with a handful of students living at the foundation.
-Organize and lead different activities and/or courses that generate both an educational and caring atmosphere
-Create a strategy to engage kids with a fixed schedule in a manner that is enjoyable for them
-Build a positive strategy towards self-improvement
-Help them identify life opportunities and lifestyle changes
The most important quality we look for in our volunteers is a sincere passion for working with and inspiring youth.
- Make a change in the lives of the children you work with
- Work 4 days a week with weekends free to explore Ecuador and its beauties
- Live in the Awaken house with the Awaken family for an affordable price
- Get to know the culture of Ecuador and live in a family atmosphere with both locals and people from all over the world
- Year-round availability to join the team