Volunteer with Children in Ecuador with Awaken

Face-painting at our Annual Christmas Party!
Face-painting at our Annual Christmas Party!
Taking the time for one on one time with our kids
Making animal masks during English classes
Making animal masks during English classes
Our kids have such amazing hearts
Our kids have such amazing hearts

We are seeking volunteers to work with youth from difficult backgrounds who are attending the Awaken foundation for both education and socialization. These are children who might have one or both parents in jail, who might have started working at a very early age to help support their family, or who might have been abused. Most students attend the foundation during the day, with a handful of students living at the foundation.

Objectives

-Organize and lead different activities and/or courses that generate both an educational and caring atmosphere

-Create a strategy to engage kids with a fixed schedule in a manner that is enjoyable for them

-Build a positive strategy towards self-improvement

-Help them identify life opportunities and lifestyle changes

The most important quality we look for in our volunteers is a sincere passion for working with and inspiring youth.

• Make a change in the lives of the children you work with
  • Work 4 days a week with weekends free to explore Ecuador and its beauties
  • Live in the Awaken house with the Awaken family for an affordable price
  • Get to know the culture of Ecuador and live in a family atmosphere with both locals and people from all over the world
  • Year-round availability to join the team

Gabriel

What an experience

The experience with awaken was amazing ! Edinson help us a lot and the mission we did were incredible and change me as a man for the life ! We wet amazing people and lovely children!
On the morning we were with children 3-17 years old to help them with their homeworks or just play. During the afternoon we were on detention center for young men to exchange with them on what they want to do when they going out. It was so interesting and I hope we helped them to find their way.

What was your funniest moment?
All the dinner with the awaken family
All the moment with the children
Ecuador is an amazing country
Hubert

Amazing human experience !!!

I participated to this programme 18 months ago and I will never forget that incredible human experience... I traveled to Ecuador with 2 french guys to help the full time team to take care of children. Activities are various, we worked, we played, we organised outside sport game... and each of us found an other side of himself....Ecuatorian people have a big big heart and I really recommend this experience to all of you !

Do not hesitate to ask Aweken or Edison about all your interrogation... For example the staff helped us to fine the best accommodation depending of our situation.