Medical students, pre-med students and medical practitioners can take part in this program. In Ghana, medical placement is more of an internship than volunteering. Volunteers have the option to focus on a particular medical unit or they can rotate from unit to unit for a well-rounded experience.
Volunteers get the opportunity to participate in outreach programs organized by the hospital or the organization. Volunteers are affiliated with a particular orphanage where they go to apply first aid.
- We offer this as an elective for volunteers who needs it for academic purposes
- Can be for internship purposes
- Community medical outreach to schools and homes
- Volunteers shadow other medical staff
- Volunteers learn about many tropical diseases.