Volunteer in Refugee Camps in Ghana

cooking time
cooking time
local beauty
local beauty

The Buduburam refugee camp is a home for Liberians who fled their country during the civil war. The living conditions at the camp are poor and most of the people don't have access to reliable work, making it difficult to care for their kids.

Volunteers are needed to help to help teach and care for kids at the school that has been established at the camp. This is a year round project. A feeding program has been established to provide a hot lunch every day.

After school fun activities, sports, arts and crafts and other games with the kids. Provides sanitary pads to help keep girls in school.

• Program fees include airport pick-up, orientation, accommodation, meals and 24/7 in-country support
  • Weekend tour attractions to any part of Ghana
  • Community support
  • Support goes directly to the grassroot and the people whose lives depends on it

Impact

Volunteers work with the very people whose lives depends on it
Volunteers learn new culture
Volunteers develop the spirit of resilience
Volunteers have weekends to explore all the tourist attractions in the country.

Sanitary Towels to Keep girls in School

According to UNICEF report, most girls from rural communities and poor homes in Ghana miss 5days of school every month because they can't afford a sanitary towel. This affect their academics and also their confidence. We as an organization has embark on sanitary towel donation to the communities we put volunteers. Volunteers signing up with us means a girl who have the privilege of being in school for an academic term

Dave

Ghana Refugees

My experience with this facility was tremendous, from the staff to the children they take care of. They have a lot of challenges but face them and take care of the children. The love and respect that the children showed has impacted my heart for years to come.The staff was extraordinary in welcoming me to the facility, very awesome place.We brought hygiene supplies which were very badly needed and the girls were so receptive and thankful all of the children that were in class were combined with 2 grade levels due to a lack of space and even as difficult as that sounds they had paid teachers for all levels to accomplish this and they were amazing to bring me in and introduce me and the children were very thankful for me just being there. The love that showed me at all levels was phenomenal and will impact my heart forever.

Come and be a part in the lives of these children so many needs but so few workers they need support in areas of classroom space teaching and many other areas. Come and let your lives be impacted.
Caroline

Life Changing

Words cannot describe how life changing my experience in Ghana was. The support I received, the warm welcoming, the friendly people, and most importantly, the sweetest kids. Being in Future Stars Organization through SFLIG was the best decision I ever made, so happy with the outcome and how I was able to help them, because they extremely need our help. Hopefully I will be coming back soon!

Please don’t hesitate! Go open hearted and enjoy all the happiness from these kids!
Ele

The best of Ghana

This program surpassed all my expectations!
Amazing place where a few local people are creating magic for almost 100 orphan kids. Working with children is pure pleasure as their desire to study and finding out new things is indescribable. During all my stay, I was taken care by the host family who took care I would always feel safe and satisfied, and showed the most beautiful places in Ghana.
The orphanage is a wonderful program with positive children who are eager to learn and dedicated teachers who know what they are doing. I cannot wait to come back.

I wish this program would be advertised more so the volunteers visited this place more frequently as it very sincere, rewarding and would never disappoint.

Location:
90 F / 73 F
Airports:
Kotoka International Airport
( ACC )

Accra is the capital of Ghana and has been on the rise for the past 20 years. This multilingual country has offers museums, cultural centers, and beaches.

About Solutions for Life Initiative Ghana

Solutions for Life Initiative Ghana is a grassroot organization, our volunteer and internship program is an initiative to help connect passionate individuals and groups who seek to make a difference in the life of people whiles discovering themselves...