Ghana is known as "The Gateway to Africa" and a great country to visit as an introduction to the continent. The people are warm, friendly, sporty and will welcome you with open arms and getting to know their food, their culture and way of live will be a delightful experience!
This project is working with endangered monkeys, and consists of a breeding program with other monkeys in captivity and in different locations and also the rescue of monkeys, often taken from the pet trade or circuses that need to be rehabilitated to life in the trees!
If you are contemplating a career in animal conservation or just love animals and would like to be part of this project, then you will get a hands-on experience helping care for the monkeys - that are kept in caged areas and become aware of all that is involved in running a successful animal conservation project.
- Project set in woodland setting, recreating as close as possible the sort of area the monkeys would live in
- Professional scientific conservation project with ties to other projects in Africa and Europe
- This project could be combined with working with horses or veterinary shadowing
- Placement price includes: airport pick up, accommodation in shared, single sex rooms with ceiling fan and en suite bathroom, meals, introduction to project, wifi and some activities
- Could be combined with our Wilderness Professional Training Courses in Africa